Divorce forces man to beam out of 'Star Trek' home

Reader

Reaction score
http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/...orce-forces-man-to-beam-out-of-star-trek-home

When British nightclub DJ Tony Alleyne rebuilt his apartment to resemble a spaceship from "Star Trek," he couldn't have foreseen the day when he'd have to boldly go ... someplace else.

The British tabloid The Sun reports that Alleyne's apartment, in the English town of Hinckley, is actually owned by the wife he's been separated from since 1994. Now she wants to sell, meaning he'll have to leave the space-themed home behind.

"To say I'm gutted is an understatement. It is my life's work," Alleyne told the Sun. "I admit there were tears."

More at link....

Looks like he trusted his ex a little too much...

To boldly forgo: Trekkie loses his painstakingly recreated Star Trek flat to ex-wife in divorce (Daily Mail [of course!] )
When Star Trek obsessive Tony Alleyne was separated from his wife, he embraced the chance to turn their old flat into a recreation of the inside of the Starship Enterprise.

But the 58-year-old's painstaking efforts may have been for nothing.

His ex-wife wants to sell up - and she intends to offer buyers a more conventional looking home.
---
What kind of money are we talking here?
'Trekkie' Mr Alleyne said it would cost at least £100,000 rebuild the interior elsewhere, according to The Sun.

He said: 'To say I'm gutted is an understatement. It is my life's work — and it looks like it's going into a skip. I admit there were tears.'
---
more, with nice pics, at link above

MSNBC video from 2006 highlights the dwelling

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member