FL - A body in a casket in a self storage unit - for 17 years

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Discovery of dead woman in storage unit unearths family's secret (tampabay.com)
CLEARWATER — When Ann Bunch, a 95-year-old grandmother, died in her nursing home after three heart attacks and a paralyzing stroke, her family took her to a funeral home to prepare her for burial.

Her grandson-in-law built a coffin-like plywood trunk, domed to allow for her dowager's hump. Her family painted it blue, her favorite color.

The family readied a Ford Econoline van for the nine-hour drive to Coloumbiana, Ala., where Bunch, born on New Year's Day 1900, was to be buried alongside her ancestors.

But on Thursday, 17 years later, police peered into a Clearwater U-Stor Self Storage unit stuffed with trash bags and old TVs and found a long blue box. Inside were Bunch's skeletal remains.
---
the rest of the odd tale at link above

I'm sort of a hoarder, but a body in a coffin in a self storage unit for 17 years is in an entirely different league.

I'm sort of a hoarder, but a body in a coffin in a self storage unit for 17 years is in an entirely different league.

I have a friend who is a hoarder. She has 4 storage rooms and the garage to a house that she rents out. She actually rents just the house, not the garage. I tried helping her clean out her own garage - four times. She can NOT throw anything away...it's exhausting. We drag it all out onto the driveway, and at the end of the day, she has dragged it all back in. Her father died at Christmas - I'm sure his things will be taking up another storage room.

:what:
My jaw almost hit the floor reading this, I loved my nan but holding on to your grandmothers body for 17 years is going a bit too far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back