UK - Balance superdog Ozzy a YouTube sensation

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Ozzy, the collie who never wobbles! The MoS tracks down the four-legged superstar
whose astonishing balancing tricks took YouTube by storm
(Mail on Sunday)
---
They are carpenter Nick Johnson, 50, from Norwich, and Ozzy, his three-year-old chocolate border collie-kelpie cross.
---
Nick devotes up to five hours a day to training his pet, who was born on a farm in Anglesey, North Wales.

Ozzy is now recognised wherever he goes, and his repertoire of tricks includes balancing on Nick’s shoulders as he rides a bike, fetching his owner’s mobile phone, and ‘surfing’ on a street sign.
---
How'd this all get started?
‘I was a bit scared initially because I had never had my own dog before and many people said that puppy-training was really hard,’ says Nick. ‘But Ozzy was beautiful. He was so easy.’

Nick bought a book called Puppies For Dummies before he took his pet – full name Osbert Humperdinck Pumpernickle – on a six-week training course.
---
Nick was keen to try out some simple tasks first. Ozzy quickly mastered offering his paw for Nick to shake, and soon he was saluting his owner while on his hind legs, before being tested to the limit with his chain trick.
much more of the article - well worth reading about training Ozzy - and lots of pics at MoS link above

YouTube link here, or see it with the MoS article

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back