PA - Driver, Penn student beaten when cab stopped

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
On a usual Saturday evening this University Of Pennsylvania student hailed a cab in University City to take him into town to have dinner with a friend.

At a stop light in the heart of center city as he gazed out his open window a group of 15 or so teens stood at a bus stop and one sucker punched this young man in the face. Cabbie got out and got blindsided, but still went to his trunk for a crowbar. Again the poor kid gets punched.

In The Daily Pennsylvanian Brian Goldman writes he didn't call 911. I guess not if your *advertiser censored*s is getting beat by a mob. The cabbie sped away as the poor kid ran like Forrest Gump as he said.

The cops can't be everwhere and that's where your fellow citizens can step in and AT LEAST call 911. Nope. Nobody in the backed up traffic dialed. Nobody in the Wendy's who all stared out the winodw at him. Eventually the cops came. The cabbie has been on the news, but won't show his face. Brian Goldman took to writing. Thankfully he wasn't murdered.

http://thedp.com/index.php/article/2012/01/brian_goldman_flashback_to_a_flashmob

Can't even attend an Ivy League school up in here without fearing for your life, and being disgusted that not a soul even called the cops.

Hmmmm here's another account. As of this morning they say this guy didn't file a report. I wonder now that he's wrote in The Daily Pennsylvanian if he has? The cab driver sure did.

Cabbie said the kids called the passenger derogatory racial names. Threw liquid and started punching.

A 15 year old and two 17 year olds have been arrested. These kids on the news were hamming it up to news cameras and laughing.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/Cabbie_Beaten_In_Centery_City_Three_Charged_013012

Ugh filly you're killing me. I was eating dinner at 22nd and pine at that exact moment. So much for my attempt to spend more time in Philly :(

I will say however dinner was yummy.

I LOVE that Cab Driver. Yes-he gets capital letters from me.......what a hero!!
Phight back Philly!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back