Resolved FL - Winter Garden - 3 Partial Human skulls, Jan'12 - *RELIC*

Reality Orlando

Verified Aquaculturalist
Reaction score
Police: Buried skulls believed to be from 1978 found

WINTER GARDEN. Fla. — A plumber installing pool pump pipes in a south Winter Garden neighborhood discovered a buried portion of a human skull," said the Winter Garden Police Department.
Crime scene technicians and archeological technicians who were at the scene said they found two more human skulls.
Officials said they believe the remains have been buried for over 30 years because
the other items that were found were dated 1978.
Police said the remains may have been as deep as 10 to 15 feet before the dirt began grading due to construction of a subdivision.
Investigators ask that any one with information to call Crimeline at (800) 423-TIPS.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/police-buried-skulls-believed-be-1978-found/nHQb2/

Update: skull count up to five:

WINTER GARDEN, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Three human skulls were found buried in the back yard of a new Winter Garden home. According to police, a plumber digging in efforts to put pool pipes in discovered the first skull. Crime scene technicians and archeologists showed up and found two more.

Police believe the skulls have been buried there for at least 30 years. Some of the debris buried with the bodies has date labels of 1978.
Police are now looking at old cases and missing persons reports from the 70s. If you have any information, call Winter Garden Police.

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...ed-in-winter-garden-neigborhood#ixzz1l8U1tOom

I hope they can develop DNA profiles....this could clear up some old cases and finally give answers to some families!

Wow. When they said "10-15 feet deep" I would have bet that this was a historical burial - right up until they mentioned the purse with the news clipping from 1978. There's only one female on NAMUS listed as missing in '78 from the Florida area, and she was travelling with a male companion so that could account for two of the skulls, I guess?

Equally, the purse could be completely unrelated but I don't understand why it would be buried that far down unless it was. :confused:

Mind you, I do note that the area had been levelled when housing was built there, so the depth could be completely deceptive.

what is this with all the skulls and bones being found all over all of a sudden? seems like there has been more than previous years lately.

I'm am very interested in this.Were there 3 skulls found in this yard?Can people please keep me updated on this?If these skulls are female ect...

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Me...itual/-/1637132/8579652/-/m3nl3c/-/index.html
WINTER GARDEN, Fla. -
Officials said on Wednesday the three partial human skulls uncovered in a Winter Garden subdivision Monday could have been a part of a ritual.
Police have opened a criminal investigation and said their only clues are a bowl and purse found near the craniums with a newspaper or magazine clipping inside dated from 1978.

I haven't seen any updates in a few days; I guess it's just a waiting game till tests come back...?

Could some kind of religious or spiritual ritual be behind the appearance of two skulls unearthed from a sandbar on the edge of an old Winter Garden migrant-worker camp?

That's just one of many scenarios Orange-Osceola Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia and forensic anthropologists are entertaining as they piece together the mummified fragments of cranium bone and tissue a plumber found while installing pool piping in a west Orange County subdivision this week.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...01_1_migrant-camps-skulls-migrant-worker-camp

It is April and no news on here....?

Please anyone....

So many need answers and or closure ....

Blessings

Micci

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46