TX TX - Duane, 62, & Breanda Benson, 61, Johnson County, January 2012

tragic. any suspects or motive?

Nothing, nada, zip...this is a small, rural community. Reminds some of the old railroad towns with only a few streets in town and everything else is agricultural and (or) on acreage. Out of respect to the family when tragedy happens usually the whole town knows but they aren't talking to outsiders. If it sounds like I know this town it's because I do. My bf from hs married a 3rd generation son from Godley and lived there for years. I was down there often for years and got to know many residents.

wonder if they have kids or grandkids ... and if any of them are m.i.a.

From January 2013:

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/crim...-alaska-jail-celldescribed-how-he-went-a.html

There is an unsolved double murder of a couple north of Godley, Alford said. But for now, Alford doesn't think Keyes was in Texas when Duane Arland Benson and his wife, Breanda Scheets Benson, were shot to death...

The FBI says Keyes is believed to have visited the Post Oak Cemetery in the Glen Rose area between Feb. 12 and Feb. 16. During that same time period, Keyes’ blue rental 2011 Kia Soul may have gotten stuck in a muddy, rural area, possibly near Cleburne. Keyes admitted traveling through Cleburne, Azle and Aledo in February.

But as of Thursday, Alford said there was no evidence linking Keyes to the slayings of the Bensons... Alford said the medical examiner’s report on the slayings suggested that the Bensons were killed a few days earlier, which would have been in late January.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back