IL IL - James Kimball, 24, Oak Park, 13 April 1993

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
JKimball.jpg

Missing since April 13, 1993 from Oak Park, Cook County, Illinois.
Classification: Endangered Missing

• Date Of Birth: December 28, 1968
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 165 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; blue/green eyes.
  • Marks, Scars: He has horizontal red marks on his back.
  • Clothing: Kimball was wearing a short-sleeved red shirt, black pants and brown shoes at the time of his disappearance.
  • Medical Conditions: He has been diagnosed as manic-depressive

Kimball was hospitalized and diagnosed with schizo-affective disorder in 1985. He had several relapses and recoveries throughout the years.

Kimball visited his family's home during Easter weekend in April 1993. He became angry when technical problems developed with the family's stereo system on April 13.

One of Kimball's brothers asked him if he wanted to go to the hospital after an angry outburst on Kimball's part. Kimball declined and said he was going to take a walk. He never returned to the house and has not been heard from again.

The family believes Kimball may have stopped taking his medication prior to his disappearance. They learned after he disappeared that he stopped going to his job.

Kimball may have been seen outside of South Bend, Indiana in March 1994, but that has not been confirmed.

Doe Network - http://doenetwork.org/cases/363dmil.html

Charley Project - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kimball_james.html

James has been missing a long time. Thank you for starting this thread SheWho'.

Lots of public transportation near Jackson and Scoville in Oak Park from where James went missing. Owning a car is not necessary in this area. He could have gotten anywhere. Easy commute downtown to where he could have picked up a metra or Amtrack train.

Sad to see there is no NamUs casefile for James.

I will try and get in contact with Maywood LE and see if we can get James into NamUs. Or at least get dental and dna info so we can get a good profile entered into NamUs for James.

Praying he is out there safe somewhere and ready to come home.

Bumping for James - you are not forgotten.

Wish there was more information out there about him...

It's been so damn long. It's almost impossible he's still alive somewhere out there...but who knows.

22 years this april. I just saw the UM case and I read his Charley Project profile. According to his profile, he may have been taken against his will.

22 years this april. I just saw the UM case and I read his Charley Project profile. According to his profile, he may have been taken against his will.
The area he is missing from and the area where he may have been seen both have major interstates running through them. The interstate that takes you from Chicago to South Bend is easily accessible, however kind of far to walk in the cold (7miles) which Chicago usually is at Easter. He would have had to
either hitched a ride in Oak Park or could have very easily taken the Blue Line El from his parents house to downtown Chicago. There is a Blue Line stop yards away from interstate 94 which is how you'd get to south bend from there. Oak Park isn't a bad area, but the chicago neighborhoods abutting it most definitely are, filled with crime and shady characters. If he truly was seen in south bend (2 hours away) he had help getting there. There are a lot of semi trucks running to and from, it's the blood line from the Midwest to the East Coast. Does anyone know if truck stops and rest areas along 94/80/90 had missing fliers put up?

The area he is missing from and the area where he may have been seen both have major interstates running through them. The interstate that takes you from Chicago to South Bend is easily accessible, however kind of far to walk in the cold (7miles) which Chicago usually is at Easter. He would have had to
either hitched a ride in Oak Park or could have very easily taken the Blue Line El from his parents house to downtown Chicago. There is a Blue Line stop yards away from interstate 94 which is how you'd get to south bend from there. Oak Park isn't a bad area, but the chicago neighborhoods abutting it most definitely are, filled with crime and shady characters. If he truly was seen in south bend (2 hours away) he had help getting there. There are a lot of semi trucks running to and from, it's the blood line from the Midwest to the East Coast. Does anyone know if truck stops and rest areas along 94/80/90 had missing fliers put up?

That would be a great question to ask anyone related to him. So far I haven't found any pages dedicated to finding him. Wonder if his parents are still alive

UM re-aired this case today. Surely his siblings or other family members survive. I wonder if they still believe he is missing and endangered, or if they came to believe he left of his own volition. The lack of online presence and limited information makes me believe they could have stopped searching?

I think of James' case quite often...He would turn 48 y/o in December if he's still alive. NamUs only has his dental chart available, no DNA or fingerprints so it would be hard to identify him.

Yes, I can't shake the feeling that this mystery could be quickly solved with just a little more information. I can't imagine I wouldn't take advantage of all the possibilities to locate a lost loved one, no matter how long it had been. Modern technology offers many, many options that weren't available in 1993.

Not trying to offend anyone, I'm sure his family has suffered a lot, but according to the Unsolved homepage it states he had 5 siblings. I don't understand why there's no DNA available in his case. It's likely he's one of many UIDs out there sadly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back