Article: Police ID Long Island Serial Killer

Reannan

Reaction score
What is up with this article?

"The Nassau County Police Department has identified a suspect in a series of sex worker murders.
After revising the profile and canvassing Long Island’s south shore area with a new batch of questions for residents, police uncovered a promising new lead."

"Police sources confirm the profile depicts a white male, 30-50 years old, small stature, long-time area resident, formerly or currently in law enforcement and/or medical field, owner of two or more vehicles, living alone or with an elderly relative, secret bisexual orientation, multiple prescriptions for erectile dysfunction drugs, no children."

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/43449/police-id-long-island-serial-killer/

The comments being posted to this article are going to be interesting.

Weekly World News is a supermarket tabloid.You know the one that usually has pictures of Bigfoot, werewolves or something similar on the front page. Their website has an "alien" section.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wee...w&biw=1320&bih=698&sei=L7MqT_-ENMKftwfB-tHsDw

Just you wait dcgrumpy- when the perp is caught we gonna find out that this Weekly World News behavioral profile is the most accurate one put out there!

@ Reannan-

I fell for it too! I believe I was the first one as a matter of fact.

Also, what do we know about this "Alien"? Maybe we should start a new thread to sleuth him.

You know as far as anyone knows if this perp is LE prior or present he could have been questioned by a reporter about the LISK and the perp actually answered this paper truthful because.....nobody would really take them serious because of the tabloid nature of the paper.

Since some man called the family of a victimm, posing as the doctor and claiming that she was in his rehab center, the theory of a medical person might be correct. Or, at least someone who had knowledge of the neighbors where bodies were found.

I know of someone who had to much knowledge! Actually, quite a few of us know his name.... Sadly without the LISK site I fear we may not hear much from him any longer...

I know of someone who had to much knowledge! Actually, quite a few of us know his name.... Sadly without the LISK site I fear we may not hear much from him any longer...

If you are talking about Fluke, I think he was batty full of it. He may have mentioned that ppl need to look in the marsh, yes. That is an easy guess to make many have said that. He threw out too many easter eggs instead of just coming out and stating the facts that "he knew".
way to unstable posting for my taste

was this article complete bs or based on a kernel of truth? Notice its nassau not suffolk. i'm not so quick to brush off this tabloid as a joke story. did nassau have their own investigation? aside from the ex Le this could match 57 couldn't it?

Ok, I nearly had a heart attack seeing this headline posted on page one. Sheesh ;)

Still holding out hope, though! It would be a spectacular coup for the fbi now that they're involved, wouldn't it?

The thing is they may know who the SK is. According to this April 2011 article, the POLICE HAD A SUSPECT!

"Police believe they know the identity of the Long Island Ripper, The Post has learned.

Cops on Long Island are “looking at somebody,” said a law-enforcement source with knowledge of the investigation.

He refused to elaborate.

The stunning revelation comes as police are exploring a possible link between the serial killer — suspected of dumping the bodies of eight victims along a remote Suffolk beachfront — and the grisly murders of four hookers in Atlantic City in 2006."
http://nypost.com/2011/04/08/cops-eyeing-suspect-in-grisly-long-island-murders/

The police may have known who the killer is since 2011 but couldn't prove it. The Raffo connection seems to have been the key. Was the suspect John Bittrolff? His mastic beach childhood home is blocks from Kim Raffo's childhood home. Was it Bittrolff or another suspect. Why did we never hear anymore about this? What happened?

Wow! It has been a LOOOOONG time (years) since I have visited and/or posted (as you know, Life "Happens"), but also, as you each know, some cases (or cases more often than not) stick with us, never to be forgotten, always in our hearts and/or minds Honestly, I could not imagine being LE and working any of these types of cases, as I'd end up completely obsessed & unable to move on, as they are far too heartbreaking & knowing there is a SK still out there would drive me nutters! Anyhow, I did a quick search to check the status and seenif anything new had been posted. I have always had my own suspect, but never took it to LE for fear of being seen as or labeled a Nutter...Also, it did not help that it was never clear WHO was the one to contact about such things (the guys listed whom I looked up seemed not to want any added input from "armchair detectives"), and as I stated so many times it was nit clear who was in charge of the investigation (who grudgingly got saddled with it as they did not wish any spotlights on themselves.) *shrugs*..Can't blame them when there were no active leads..I will say that it is now easy for me to now see how these cases go unsolved. Why? Well, because when all of the bodies were found, there was such fevor to solve these heinous crimes, but as leads grew cold (not that there were many leads to begin with), and now, years later, silence, and nothing new. When they picked up J.Bittroloff I knew that wasn't him (different MO <- plus wasn't my guy)....Which is shocking since we all KNOW that a SK just doesn't "STOP!", either they get caught & ARE STOPPED or, they keep on doing what they are driven to do. Not only that, but my theory as to why the bodies were found in the 1st place (there was a change in land ownership/development so he had to move the bodies or they would be discovered in the location where he initially had them -- the beginnings of development at the time compared to the finished results today, not surprising he decided to move them all ASAP! Because I'm positive, and I'm sure he was back then, he would have been discovered), and after peeking at that same property location today (it is now highly developed on his neighbor's side with only a few acres of his own land seemingly left untouched, and there is new pavement, and buildings etc added.) I would imagine most of the evidence there is now destroyed. It's truly a shame, and I hope they eventually catch him. I will continue to believe that the suspect I came up with is 'the one', his having the ability, being in the 'right' profession, and even locations (NY & at I believe it was a trade show or there was a similar business w/whom he possibly worked only a few blocks from the hotel site, and also, if I recall my notes which were on an old pc of mine, I think he had the method of transportation available too in the form of his own plane, not to mention multiple work vehicles at his disposal), as I said, I still believe he is the guy (that or someone extremely close to him who had access), as there were far too many "coincidences", and I do not believe in 'coincidences' when they take the form or logical conclusions..*shrugs* I will say as matter of whom/where/whatever for identifying about whom or where I speak, and whom I found to be a 'suspect' in case LE breaks the case open, so I can say yes that was him or no I was wrong, so for reference purposes (JRLL+EA+CL), and I will leave it at that, because as always,these are simply my own theories until it is proven otherwise by the hard work & research of official LE representatives. Whom I hope dearly will one day solve these heinous crimes and finally STOP this SK!

Anyhow, just stopping in/popping in as I have occasionally done through the years...Until...(next time), and In Hopes...(LE finally catches him!)&#8230;

Which is shocking since we all KNOW that a SK just doesn't "STOP!", either they get caught & ARE STOPPED or, they keep on doing what they are driven to do.

Unfortunately that is not the case. And of course there is selection bias as the ones we know the most about are the ones that got caught.

Some go dormant, which is what I think LISK has done.

Why don't you call the FBI with your lead? Yes, they aren't thrilled with arm chair detectives but they will give a solid tip a listen.

Ok, so I finally contacted the FBI in NY, because, you know, it's practically imposible to figure out "WHO" exactly to contact about this case with all the changes to the local LE office in LI due to corruption cases .. Seriously, this guy could not have picked a better county/area in which to operate considering the lack of communication the intentional obstruction...a shame really that it probably contributed to this person remaining unidentified for so long... (and although I felt like a total nut job!) at least his name is out there and on someone's radar to look at, so my conscious is clear (except that part about feeling like a total nut job for calling them and also having to identify myself, because well, she asked *shrugs*... Thankfully, I've never had to make a call like that before nor do I plan to again so I'm not on file as previously having been a nut job! <-- would be funny if it so weren't!!)...

Here's hoping someone follows up & if I'm right, that they catch him....&... If I'm wrong, that they still catch the right guy soon!

Curiousitycat, can you give us a brief?

I'm not sure what you mean? Regarding the call into the FBI or My reasons about the individual I submitted?
It has been, what?, 6 going on 7 years since all of the bodies were found. At the time, I like so many other people looked into the case, the materials, the body dumping & discovery, the locations, times of day/night, the out of state bodies/murders, and the million and one 'theories'...and I can list the ticker points of why I thought this person fit the bill:

1) Type of Business afforded direct ready access to the multiple materials types utilized to store/move/dump the bodies.
2) Type of Business also afforded not even a second glace from either laymen OR if seen, from LE, if seen coming/going and/or at any of the locations be they isolated beach, or high cost vaction/home areas. As presence there could easily and simply be explained away. It also does not hurt that this individual is fairly known and active in the community and very charismatic. Another reason why the vehicles would not be looked at askew is the variety of locations one would expect to see them visit from commercial bldg. to construction, to residential construction, and/or multi-million dollar residences which this person would know if empty, etc. to isolated beach locations, all of them are places which would be very logical to find this person and/or any of the vehicles (would not prompt questions or suspicion).
3) Speaking of transportation, this individual had ready access to multiple vehicle types from cars, trucks, to vans, and equipment, and also to anywhere, as a pilot with a plane.
4) At the time, it was possible to look back and see what was happening locally in the area of the out of state murders (if they are even connect, if so, then there would be an easy thread and connection, if not, then guess it is just --yet ANOTHER-- coincidence), during the dates that the hotel murder incidents occurred, like less than 5 blocks from the site, was..,and I am doing this from memory, as my files are locked inside one of my old laptops....there was either a trade show for this person's industry (and at this person's level of business/industry involvment, I find it doubtful he would have passed up attending), and/or there was a related business to which he logically would have visited if in the area...I honestly can't recall which it was, but it was one or the other.
5. Also, if you looked at the property of this person, just prior to the body dumps, there was a home, a detached sort of set back building easy to describe but difficult without saying too much. However, this building, if it had a basement, would easily have afforded a private location for keeping someone hidden and/or body dismemberment or storage/burial. (Easily viewable via Google) Right after the body dumps, he began major construction on his property, after months:m/years & to date, you could see why it would necessitate that he move any bodies to perform the extensive construction on his property, which included two new detached long term solid structures, home renovations, and a lot of area that was previously dirt is now pavement. Plus the property backed to water access. All of it seemed just as if he decided to wipe the slate clean and pour his efforts into construction. Also if you view his level of business activity there was a major surge after the body dump period and construction, like he threw his drive/attention into expanding his business.

If you want more info or details about the person I submitted, you will have to look up my old posts (one prior to me stating I called in, and the rest were ages/years ago, when they found all the bodies.)

Hopefully, that gave you what you seek, otherwise, kindly clarify, what exactly you are asking.

It is in the hands of the FBI & LE now, whether I am right or wrong, only time will tell. I hope they honestly follow up on this person and they are able to research him and find the appropriate threads they need to find evidence. Hopefully, while I'm still around to see it happen. I'm not in the best of health, which is what prompted me to finally submit his name to LE, just in case something happens to me, at least I put his name on their radar, my conscience is clear. I rather feel stupid and be wrong, than never say anything and allow someone horrid to continue killing. Once in the past, I keep my mouth shut about an attempted assault, and I have always regretted it (more so the older I got), because I am almost positive that person did it again to someone else and who knows what the outcome of it was and if he continued doing it, but it was too late to report it, this I could still, so I did, on the chance I was even remotely right about him.

I'm not sure what you mean? Regarding the call into the FBI or My reasons about the individual I submitted?
It has been, what?, 6 going on 7 years since all of the bodies were found. At the time, I like so many other people looked into the case, the materials, the body dumping & discovery, the locations, times of day/night, the out of state bodies/murders, and the million and one 'theories'...and I can list the ticker points of why I thought this person fit the bill:

1) Type of Business afforded direct ready access to the multiple materials types utilized to store/move/dump the bodies.
2) Type of Business also afforded not even a second glace from either laymen OR if seen, from LE, if seen coming/going and/or at any of the locations be they isolated beach, or high cost vaction/home areas. As presence there could easily and simply be explained away. It also does not hurt that this individual is fairly known and active in the community and very charismatic. Another reason why the vehicles would not be looked at askew is the variety of locations one would expect to see them visit from commercial bldg. to construction, to residential construction, and/or multi-million dollar residences which this person would know if empty, etc. to isolated beach locations, all of them are places which would be very logical to find this person and/or any of the vehicles (would not prompt questions or suspicion).
3) Speaking of transportation, this individual had ready access to multiple vehicle types from cars, trucks, to vans, and equipment, and also to anywhere, as a pilot with a plane.
4) At the time, it was possible to look back and see what was happening locally in the area of the out of state murders (if they are even connect, if so, then there would be an easy thread and connection, if not, then guess it is just --yet ANOTHER-- coincidence), during the dates that the hotel murder incidents occurred, like less than 5 blocks from the site, was..,and I am doing this from memory, as my files are locked inside one of my old laptops....there was either a trade show for this person's industry (and at this person's level of business/industry involvment, I find it doubtful he would have passed up attending), and/or there was a related business to which he logically would have visited if in the area...I honestly can't recall which it was, but it was one or the other.
5. Also, if you looked at the property of this person, just prior to the body dumps, there was a home, a detached sort of set back building easy to describe but difficult without saying too much. However, this building, if it had a basement, would easily have afforded a private location for keeping someone hidden and/or body dismemberment or storage/burial. (Easily viewable via Google) Right after the body dumps, he began major construction on his property, after months:m/years & to date, you could see why it would necessitate that he move any bodies to perform the extensive construction on his property, which included two new detached long term solid structures, home renovations, and a lot of area that was previously dirt is now pavement. Plus the property backed to water access. All of it seemed just as if he decided to wipe the slate clean and pour his efforts into construction. Also if you view his level of business activity there was a major surge after the body dump period and construction, like he threw his drive/attention into expanding his business.

If you want more info or details about the person I submitted, you will have to look up my old posts (one prior to me stating I called in, and the rest were ages/years ago, when they found all the bodies.)

Hopefully, that gave you what you seek, otherwise, kindly clarify, what exactly you are asking.

It is in the hands of the FBI & LE now, whether I am right or wrong, only time will tell. I hope they honestly follow up on this person and they are able to research him and find the appropriate threads they need to find evidence. Hopefully, while I'm still around to see it happen. I'm not in the best of health, which is what prompted me to finally submit his name to LE, just in case something happens to me, at least I put his name on their radar, my conscience is clear. I rather feel stupid and be wrong, than never say anything and allow someone horrid to continue killing. Once in the past, I keep my mouth shut about an attempted assault, and I have always regretted it (more so the older I got), because I am almost positive that person did it again to someone else and who knows what the outcome of it was and if he continued doing it, but it was too late to report it, this I could still, so I did, on the chance I was even remotely right about him.

You POI sounds interesting. I too have a POi from the area. My evidence is that I have a bunch of strange coincidences but the real crazy thing is that I can actually place him in the areas where 3 of the G4 went missing from, on the days they went missing and that includes Melissa Barthelemy who went missing from the Bronx. He literally had to drive right past her home. He established alibi's on each day via social media. The day MB went missing he claimed to be making a road trip to north eastern PA but he was alone an the activity he was going to engage In is not the kind of thing you do alone. He even lives in the neighborhood where one of the victims was living and went missing from. Each day a victim went missing was significant dates in his life. He is a summer visitor of sorts, while he resides on the mainland, he spends most of his summers camping on the beach. In the years the GB4 went missing; he was out there and a lot of the time by himself. There's so, so, much more.but I won't get into all of it because they don't connect him to any specific evidence.

Anyway I felt really silly calling police too. I had thought of writing an anon tip. I'm just scared they will know it's me. I just want to be anonymous because the person is actually a relative. Let's hope one of us has the guy.

Aren't you a bit nervous he might be reading this thread and figure out who you are?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back