Harrell to Plead Guilty

I am so glad this is pleading guilty and that he will get life.

Diena - my heart goes out to you and I am sending you the biggest, warmest cyber hugs possible as you face tomorrow. May you find strength as this goes down.

Blessings to you, your family and darling Somer, may the Angels keep her and protect her forevermore.

Salem

buh bye

I hope 'life' in prison is as horrible as it can be for you

As someone from his hometown, I must say I am very happy to hear this!! I certainly hope LWOP is the sentence. Prays for Somers family may they now have some closure.

I spoke with Sam today and he told me about the plea bargain, looks like Harrell will get multiple LWOP sentences. I dont know how Diena feels about this, but Sam said he couldnt face Harrell in court, that he is too angry. He also told me of his struggle to forgive him on a daily basis. His heart amazes me. He and Diena and the kids are doing well considering, he is in the process of moving closer to the kids and he and Diena are working together for them. AT is the most amazing young lady. She is lovely, sweet and kind hearted, she adores her family and is so talented. Im blessed to be able to love her. Lil ST is the spitting image of his dad and has his sense of humor and he is so brave. He has stolen my heart. Sam asked me to tell you all how grateful he is for all of you who have prayed for them and stood by them as they went through this hell. You each have a special place in his heart. I too hold each of you dear to my heart and will never forget the months we shared as this tragedy unfolded.
I learned alot about judging others and how big peoples hearts can be.. I am thankful for the forgiveness Ive recieved... my prayers are always with the Thompson family... shine Somer shine, dance Somer dance, twirl Somer twirl...

Thank you ws family.. you really are the best.

They ran it live here: http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blo...02-02/live-blog-plea-deal-somer-thompson-case

I missed it. Did anyone get a chance to watch? The reporter makes some comments on the blog that he is waiting for 1:00 p.m. so maybe the court is in recess and will be back to sentence?

Salem

ETA: Reporter is saying Diena will speak at a post hearing news conference today. Sounds like court is not over yet.

Okay - the update is that they will cover the hearing live at 1:00 p.m. Eastern time at the link above.

I want to see this *!#* (ick) plead guilty and I'm praying he doesn't back out and change his mind.

The word is that Diena's family is there, but Diena has not been in the courtroom.

Salem

Diena is here. She is sitting right up front with the Sheriff.

Court is in session. Attorney talking, the prosecutor I think. Reading charges.

Prosecutor is recommending consecutive sentences in the plea deal - I didn't catch it all. Explaining the deal to the judge.

The poor prosecutor - she has to call him Mr. Harrell YUCK! He is now standing in front of the judge between the attorneys. Judge is reading the charges, 1st degree murder, life without parole, and other charges. I can't catch them all.

I see real life fiend and monster in front of us now.

He's admitting to the charges - 1st degree murder, kidnapping, etc. and sentences in the plea deal.

Diena is sitting by the Sheriff and looks stressed but overall she is holding her own. You can see the anger in her face and the hard swallowing. :(

Diena is supposed to be at a press conference with the sheriff after this hearing. There will be no comments from anyone in the court room as far as I know and has been reported.

May he have the worst rest of his life EVER!! RIP Somer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back