GUILTY LA - Mike Ainsworth, 40, shot to death, Algiers Point, 25 Jan 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/03/opinion/martin-good-samaritan/index.html?hpt=ju_t4

By Rick Martin, CNN National Assignment Editor

Atlanta (CNN) -- Tears rolled down my cheeks when I hung up the phone after interviewing Billy Ainsworth Cole, the sister of Harry "Mike" Ainsworth, who was gunned down mercilessly last week in New Orleans in front of his two sons, ages 9 and 11.

Mike heard a woman scream as he was waiting by the school bus stop with his children. As a member of the Citizens 8th Police District Association in the Algiers Point neighborhood, Mike naturally jumped to the aid of his neighbor.
------

Moments later, before emergency help could arrive, Mike died, with his sons beside him.

I could have been faced with that choice. I have two children, ages 6 and 4, along with my wife, that I would give my life to protect. But Mike's love, not only for his children and their mother, but also for a neighbor, showed me I have a lot more love to give.

More at link......

Now I'm crying. How devastating. An immense loss for so many people.

Beautiful memorial. Beautiful sevice. Then Mike's mother Yvonne Ainsworth reached out to the woman who was carjacked. "There's a woman here that is also a victim. She feels like this is her fault. We want her to know than noone in this family blames her".

That gave me chills.

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/blo...al-and-procession-for-harry-michael-ainsworth

As a generation removed from a crime like this I can tell you it carries over. It never goes away. Also I am told the original victim was sickened my grandfather was murdered coming to her aid. It just never leaves. Then boys. Their own father. Dear Lord I pray for those children.

RIP Brave Mike. You will be remembered a hero.

http://www.theneworleansadvocate.com/news/11021517-123/jurors-visit-scene-of-2012

On Friday morning, a caravan of Orleans Parish Sheriff’s Office cars rolled past the crape myrtle, ahead of two vans full of jurors who had come to view the scene of a killing that rattled the neighborhood and the city...

At the courthouse, Dagon Conner took the witness stand Friday afternoon to recount what he saw when his father was killed. “I just noticed my dad running. I saw him beat on the windshield and then I heard a gunshot, and I remember him running to the grass and ducking down,” the eighth-grader said. “The man who shot him turned down the corner, and we went down the street to see my dad”...

In a case with no gun, no firm identification of Harrison and no confession to police, a “touch” DNA match from the steering wheel of Anita Hedgepeth’s Saturn Ion, the object of the carjacking, and a purported confession to a fellow inmate in Orleans Parish Prison appear to be pivotal to the state’s case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back