2012.2.7-Susan's case now being considered a murder investigation*SEARCH WARRANT*

Apples2Apples

Reaction score
http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...e-called-a-murder/2WwEi8YgTEq5l1y9XtxmZg.cspx

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - Authorities have been investigating the disappearance of Susan Powell as a murder for at least several months, while they publicly left open the possibility that the Utah mother might be found alive.

A search warrant obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request Tuesday showed that police were investigating three felonies in Utah: first-degree murder, kidnapping and obstructing a public servant.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill acknowledged for the first time that they believe Powell is dead, saying in an AP interview that the case is being handled as a murder investigation.

Gill wouldn't discuss the evidence, but said authorities don't have enough information to file charges in the case.

"I think when I talk about it as a missing persons case, that's because we haven't located the body of Susan Powell," Gill said. "Do we think that she may have met harm? Sure.

"I think that's been an ongoing assumption with law enforcement," he said, adding that the case remains "open and active."

drewmikk Drew Mikkelsen
Pierce County serving search warrant at Josh Powell's storage unit #susanpowell

Drew Mikkelsen
@drewmikk Olympia, WA
KING-5's South Bureau Chief. A huge Husky and SF Giants fan. Loves spending time with his family. FYI: Retweeting/posting something is not an endorsement.

https://twitter.com/#!/drewmikk

Please, Please let there be answers in that storage unit.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...e-called-a-murder/2WwEi8YgTEq5l1y9XtxmZg.cspx

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - Authorities have been investigating the disappearance of Susan Powell as a murder for at least several months, while they publicly left open the possibility that the Utah mother might be found alive.

A search warrant obtained by The Associated Press through a public records request Tuesday showed that police were investigating three felonies in Utah: first-degree murder, kidnapping and obstructing a public servant.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill acknowledged for the first time that they believe Powell is dead, saying in an AP interview that the case is being handled as a murder investigation.

Gill wouldn't discuss the evidence, but said authorities don't have enough information to file charges in the case.

"I think when I talk about it as a missing persons case, that's because we haven't located the body of Susan Powell," Gill said. "Do we think that she may have met harm? Sure.

"I think that's been an ongoing assumption with law enforcement," he said, adding that the case remains "open and active."

bbm
How can they file charges on a dead person?:waitasec:

Sorry but this news isn't making me feel any better. Actually, it's quite infuriarting that they are now considering this a murder investigation. They didn't need a body if they had evidence.

Please, Please let there be answers in that storage unit.

I would think that LE would of known and searched the storage unit before all of this.
Wasn't he a POI???
Geez...........
Yes, let's all hope the answers are there!!!

Also, on JVM right now, JP (in video) said he made smores that night........
camping trip, so he built a fire right???

I thought this news would be appropriate here!

BenWinslow Ben Winslow

BREAKING NEWS: #WVC PD serving search warrant on #JoshPowell storage unit! Details on @fox13now @ 5!

Why did it take the murder/suicide in order to get a search warrant? Something stinks!!!
He was the only suspect his entire life, property and storage spaces should have been searched with a fine tooth comb.
This whole tragedy has left me angry!

Maybe the monster's dad SP will be charged????

Yeah, maybe so. I am thinking that people, the police, EVERYBODY is angry as heck that this monster did this and we never got to see him cuffed and doing the perp walk so I am thinking that it will be very tough for SP if they should find one shred of evidence linking him to Susan's disappearance. I think, at the least, he will be charged as an accessory. He may be punished to the max, too, because they didn't get to punish JP. It will be fitting, too, since he raised his son to be so sick.

This storage unit search gives me hope. Not sure why he had it. Plenty of room at his house and his dads house for his stuff.

LE can't just charge SP because there is no left to charge...they have to be able to prove he knew and/or helped with disposing of Susan, or that he was in a conspiracy with JP to kill her, hide her body, etc...

I'm not quite sure how they will be able to do that...JMO

This storage unit search gives me hope. Not sure why he had it. Plenty of room at his house and his dads house for his stuff.

He probably had the hatchet stored there IMHO, and I agree with you, probably the same one used on the boys was used on Susan. (from another thread)

Are they just now finding out about this storage locker?
How long had he had it? why wasn't it searched before?

LE can't just charge SP because there is no left to charge...they have to be able to prove he knew and/or helped with disposing of Susan, or that he was in a conspiracy with JP to kill her, hide her body, etc...

I'm not quite sure how they will be able to do that...JMO

No, of course not. But if the find anything -- one shred -- I will bet they will go for accessory to murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back