GUILTY OK - Klisha Brown, 4 mos, beaten to death, McAlester, 2 June 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Another one, from the state which has brought you a truly harrowing number of these:

Before baby died, Oklahoma Department of Human Services had reported problems at home (newsok.com)
McALESTER — A Department of Human Services worker found three children, including an underweight 4-month-old girl who later died, eating food off the floor of their parents' home, which had no running water or electricity, according to a state report.

Klisha Lucille Brown was admitted to St. Francis Hospital in Tulsa with head trauma and retina hemorrhage in both eyes, according to a seven-page report released Friday by the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth, a state child welfare oversight agency.

She died June 2 from “an impact to the back of the head causing multiple skull fractures,” according to an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation probable cause affidavit.
---
So what was the problem here? Surely that was reported, right?
Nine reports with allegations ranging from death, drug abuse, lack of parental supervision, injuries, no utilities or food and unsanitary living conditions were investigated by DHS over the past 27 months, the report states.

Of those visits, DHS found minor or no problems in six visits, the report states.

On May 26, a DHS worker allowed the three children, all under the age of 2, to remain with their parents after finding them in deplorable living conditions, the report states.
---
much more at link above

You know wfg the first thing I thought of was Is this in Ok????and it is!

You know wfg the first thing I thought of was Is this in Ok????and it is!
Yep. While I did find the article in the online Daily Oklahoman, I think I would have been able to recognize this state's DHS "handiwork" no matter where I saw it. A sad commentary, that.

OK after reading this article there is no doubt there's a BIG problem with DHS having approved Landry as acceptable in the first place with his history. It's amazing the other children weren't harmed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back