Josh Powell Money Trail (transfer of 7K)

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
I thought that this was being discussed allot and may get lost in all the different threads.
Please put all links we find in 1 place from the day of murders/suicide or before that has money trail.
This may be important.
Thanks

Didn't he write about the money in one of the emails? I don't recall who the recipient of the email was.

So how does Josh have $7,000 to withdraw in the first place?

The WVC house was rented out, but that income would presumably be soaked up paying the mortgage on the same property (since he didn't own it outright). Then there's was rent to pay on the house he torched, which he's lived in since he moved out of the Steve Powell family house. He has had no job since he failed to turn up for work the day after Susan disappeared. Did he have any investment income? Did Steve Powell give him lump sums of cash before he was jailed (again, I assume SP had no access to his own funds after he was jailed)?

What would YOU do with $7k, if you were planning on killing yourself the next day? Mail it to someone? Stash it somewhere, with information on how to find it?

Until we get some facts here are some possibilites:

1) He mailed the 7k to family member for funeral
expenses

2) he mailed it back to family member who had loaned it to him

3)He wanted it to burn with him so no one could have it. *

4) He hid it somewhere

5) He met a family member or friend and gave them the money and told them about killing himself (left out the kids)

*It sounds like (from his parents divorce, etc) that he had a bizarre relationship with SP. It could have been a weird worship love/ hate thing. Maybe he feared/respected his dad, and now at the end of his life wanted to screw him over by burning the money up? Maybe he felt that his dad ruined his life? IDK

Just some opinions.

Another theory about the $7K: It was SP's money that JP kept in his own bank account to transfer to SP's jailhouse account as needed. To keep the account out of probate and immediately available to SP (SP's own idea if he knew what JP planned to do???), JP emailed instructions to his sister AP on where to find it so that she could resume the transfer duties.

Josh had a lot to say to Alina, sending her FOUR emails that she refused to voluntarily turn over to police: http://www.abc4.com/content/news/su...g-to-Josh-Powells/jcp0BFYcike6Su5ApM3X-Q.cspx

So how does Josh have $7,000 to withdraw in the first place?

The WVC house was rented out, but that income would presumably be soaked up paying the mortgage on the same property (since he didn't own it outright). Then there's was rent to pay on the house he torched, which he's lived in since he moved out of the Steve Powell family house. He has had no job since he failed to turn up for work the day after Susan disappeared. Did he have any investment income? Did Steve Powell give him lump sums of cash before he was jailed (again, I assume SP had no access to his own funds after he was jailed)?

What would YOU do with $7k, if you were planning on killing yourself the next day? Mail it to someone? Stash it somewhere, with information on how to find it?

BBM Actually, I think he was currently working because his boss was one of the 911 callers. He called in after he saw it on the news.

I am curious as to what kind of business it is.

O/T but how did Steve P. make a living?
How much was he worth before this all happened?
Able to have a grand house and keep his adult children
and the boys there???

No known connections involved, but does this statement have any connection to the money?

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2012-02/300156000-08043300.pdf

Unbelievable! There is apparently only ONE normal person in this family and that would be the sister who escaped from them= Jennifer Graves.

I kept waiting for the statement to make some mention of WHAT JOSH HAD DONE TO HIS BOYS... but nope... nada... nothing.

How was THIS the governments fault... the media... the internet? They are all warped thinkers- even dangerous IMO.

Those poor boys and Susan- may they rest in peace. Josh- not so much.

O/T but how did Steve P. make a living?
How much was he worth before this all happened?
Able to have a grand house and keep his adult children
and the boys there???

SP worked for the Dept of Corrections (oh, the irony!) and made about $60k a year. His house isn't that grand. Pretty typical tract house.

SP worked for the Dept of Corrections (oh, the irony!) and made about $60k a year. His house isn't that grand. Pretty typical tract house.

Thankyou, it does come back to me now about the Dept, of Corrections.........

Do we know if jp took out ALL his money?
Close the acct?
How much is left in it?
Any other person name on the account?
Was it from a checking or savings?

BBM Actually, I think he was currently working because his boss was one of the 911 callers. He called in after he saw it on the news.

I am curious as to what kind of business it is.

From what I could find, it is called One Red X Software. They create custom software for several industries. Software dev or QA pays pretty well, so it would explain his stash of money.

I think the withdrawal of the cash is two things, and this is all my speculation here:

I bet he paid for the gas and everything else via cash so it couldn't be traced. I believe that they were still trying to figure out when and where he bought the gas?
I also believe that JP was at the point of believing that the police/media were harassing him - I think he actually convinced himself, and obviously family members, of this so he took the cash out on that reason.

I don't doubt that he died in that fire because one, where would he go? 7k won't get you far, maybe to Mexico (Canada is out of the question because how high profile this is). He won't board a plane, but you know maybe he can and he had gotten a fake ID/passport? I dunno, nothing makes sense and I could be totally incorrect. He won't be able to go very many places with this story reaching around the globe like it has. 7k really isn't a lot of money to reinvent your life, and under the conditions he would want things? I really do think he died in that house that day. Again, I might be totally wrong here.

I do believe (*speculating still*) that his sister received the money and for several reasons. The 9-11 call of her.. well, I don't feel like she was worried. I feel that it seemed forced, staged even, right down to the "He has never hurt me, he has been abused in the media" bit. I am trying very hard to be compassionate so please don't take this as a bash Mods.

I think that the warrant for AP's phone speaks volumes. That the warrant also had "any text message, voice mails or deleted messages" was a flag. She was also named a suspect in that same warrant.

Again, speculating on my part. I should probably stop thinking about this so much.

I think the withdrawal of the cash is two things, and this is all my speculation here:

I bet he paid for the gas and everything else via cash so it couldn't be traced. I believe that they were still trying to figure out when and where he bought the gas?
I also believe that JP was at the point of believing that the police/media were harassing him - I think he actually convinced himself, and obviously family members, of this so he took the cash out on that reason.

I don't doubt that he died in that fire because one, where would he go? 7k won't get you far, maybe to Mexico (Canada is out of the question because how high profile this is). He won't board a plane, but you know maybe he can and he had gotten a fake ID/passport? I dunno, nothing makes sense and I could be totally incorrect. He won't be able to go very many places with this story reaching around the globe like it has. 7k really isn't a lot of money to reinvent your life, and under the conditions he would want things? I really do think he died in that house that day. Again, I might be totally wrong here.

I do believe (*speculating still*) that his sister received the money and for several reasons. The 9-11 call of her.. well, I don't feel like she was worried. I feel that it seemed forced, staged even, right down to the "He has never hurt me, he has been abused in the media" bit. I am trying very hard to be compassionate so please don't take this as a bash Mods.

I think that the warrant for AP's phone speaks volumes. That the warrant also had "any text message, voice mails or deleted messages" was a flag. She was also named a suspect in that same warrant.

Again, speculating on my part. I should probably stop thinking about this so much.

I don't think he escaped - he really is dead...I'm sure it was confirmed on multiple levels.

However, I do agree about the 911 call being forced. I'm not trying to bash her either, but it seemed so planned...the things she said struck me as very odd.

I am pretty sure that JP family know or knew quite a bit.. even if they didnt know exactly what happened.. that money was probally talked over long ago.. to the extent of hey.. sis, dad or whomever.. if i am ever close to arrest, or anything happens to any extent .. the money is in a cetain place.

I still say there is a coded message in the email or message on how to turn off electic..he knew that house would be burned.. and even if he picked up and left..who in the world would care about electric.. if that was the case that was to tie up loose ends...why didnt he say this is how to pay off car, pay rent if rented, close credit cards, how to get my personal papers, how to pay my attorney, how to continue with case regarding the children.. none of that were addressed... when a person feels a need to simply say here is how to turn off electic on a home that was to be burnt to a crisp.. i still think that is a huge red flag .. and a code for someone and somthing to do with that money.

I have a code with my neice she is in abusive relationship and if she ever needs help she will get to a phone even in secret call me and the code is " hey sher that blue shirt that you needed back I cant find it" odd but if i ever get that call i know to get over there or call 911... however it seems a 911 call does no good these days..

Until we get some facts here are some possibilites:

1) He mailed the 7k to family member for funeral
expenses

2) he mailed it back to family member who had loaned it to him

3)He wanted it to burn with him so no one could have it. *

4) He hid it somewhere

5) He met a family member or friend and gave them the money and told them about killing himself (left out the kids)

*It sounds like (from his parents divorce, etc) that he had a bizarre relationship with SP. It could have been a weird worship love/ hate thing. Maybe he feared/respected his dad, and now at the end of his life wanted to screw him over by burning the money up? Maybe he felt that his dad ruined his life? IDK

Just some opinions.

I agree with quite a bit.. but funeral expenses.. I believe he would leave that burden on the Cox family ... one more act .. perhaps last act of revenge..

as far as HIS funeral.. I dont think he cared.. basically he creamated himself.

Wherever that money is, I am going with the family.. Dad in Jail and will need money for attorney fees.. that money is for a purpose that is up to no good and for a reason to protect his family or simply make sure that since the cox family had temp custody that it in no way shape or form went to them...

One other thing.. why give away the toys.. who knew that. .and why wasnt that a red flag.. how did anyone know toys were gone.. they certainly didnt figure that out after the fire... SOMEONE knows somthing....

How could he plan all these details or even want to plan anything when he was going to kill himself. Why would it matter if you pack the kids toys and gave them away? Why care if your electricity is turned off. And I'd this money doesn't turn up. Then why bother getting it out.. These things don't seem like things a person would care about if they were ending their life the next day. Maybe I dont get it. But if I was killing myself I wouldn't care about details. IMO it almost seems staged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back