State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gracie was very genuine and an excellent witness. She clearly remembered his face and white SUV 2 days after the encounter. The circumstances would be very memorable to me as well.

I find it interesting several here attack her credibility because she is not polished. She has no axe to grind and did not seek out LE for her 15 minutes of fame. Looks to me like the ones that attack her just don't like she busted Jay's alibi.

Otto, not sure you posted the link of the Durham DA suspended? Yes, she is crazy for sure. Not sure what that has to do with this case?. As for the crime lab, the defense has no issues, as some of their best evidence comes straight from that lab.

I really have no opinion on this case (haven't followed it closely outside of news articles) and to be honest have no desire to get knee deep in the detail, but I do have a question concerning this gas station attendant.

What about the mantra that I've heard in many cases on these forums about 'Eyewitnesses are generally unreliable'?

I really have no opinion on this case (haven't followed it closely outside of news articles) and to be honest have no desire to get knee deep in the detail, but I do have a question concerning this gas station attendant.

What about the mantra that I've heard in many cases on these forums about 'Eyewitnesses are generally unreliable'?

That's why I don't find her credible. She was shown a picture and asked if she had seen this man. She said yes, and I'm sure she thinks she did see him, however the man she saw made a cash purchase so there is no way to verify that it was indeed Jason Young.

Her testimony is also the only evidence the prosecution would have to show that JY ever left the hotel grounds. I couldn't put someone in prison for life based almost entirely on this testimony.

Yes, I have read many posts questioning the accuracy, mostly due to our memories fading or playing tricks on us, but Gracie's encounter involved more than just a visual, she actually encountered the wrath of this particular customer which involves a more pronounced recollection.

Yes, I have read many posts questioning the accuracy, mostly due to our memories fading or playing tricks on us, but Gracie's encounter involved more than just a visual, she actually encountered the wrath of this particular customer which involves a more pronounced recollection.

I understand, I'm just curious why her account seems more credible than say the lady who thought she saw Nancy Cooper jogging. That lady spoke words to the jogger, was pretty close to make eye contact and in the end even I thought that she didn't see NC. I'm just wondering if this could be the same scenario.

About the 'similar' shirt photographed being worn later... wouldn't you wear something similar later if you didn't have the original? I was under the understanding his shirt/top wasn't found, and his similar old shoes (to prints) were never found either.

And about the smoking cigar non-smokers:
Some of you have said you have known non-smokers liking cigars... are any of you non-smokers here smoking cigars regularly???

Had JY been known to smoke many cigars in the past? Alot of hinky IMO.

looks like judge is on the red alert for Klinko to screw up with Gracie and he's gonna be on him YAY !

I understand, I'm just curious why her account seems more credible than say the lady who thought she saw Nancy Cooper jogging. That lady spoke words to the jogger, was pretty close to make eye contact and in the end even I thought that she didn't see NC. I'm just wondering if this could be the same scenario.

Obviously in each case it was needed to support the theory that the spouse was responsible. In the Cooper trial it had to have been a mistake and in the Young trial it must be accurate. Maybe it was more due to the $5 tip Gracie received.

I suspect that the credibility of a person's testimony is often based on whether or not the testimony supports or contradicts someone's preconceived biases. As much as most of us want to remain completely unbiased, it really is hard to do. I've often seen many examples on these forums where a poster would dismiss pretty solid testimony while believing testimony that was questionable. (That's a general statement and not referring specifically to this trial or this witness)

having an eyewitness like Gracie is just a slap in the face, the jury will never all agree on whether or not she is credible. the injury will never let that happen. hopefully holt can move on and strengthen every other aspect that points to jason.

This witness is testifying for the prosecution, not the defense. That is the main difference.

The savage beating shows alot to me, I just don't see a reason/need for a non-thieving burgler or non-raping rapist doing that. Alot of anger/rage/hate involved IMO.

K. I never saw the first trial. I will say that I thought Gracie appeared poised and truthful.
FWIW.
JMO and all that jazz!

This witness is testifying for the prosecution, not the defense. That is the main difference.

No, this witness had a hostile confrontation with a male, while she was working the night shift in a store. As a woman, you remember those things. You remember when a male customer, or any customer, treats you in a threatening manner. Even yourself NCSU, I think would remember somebody who acts in a threatening manner towards you moreso than some random stranger you might nod to, or say "Hey".

No, this witness had a hostile confrontation with a male, while she was working the night shift in a store.

She had a hostile confrontation with a male...who may or may not have been Jason Young. Nobody knows, and she even admits that her memory is not good. Not to mention when she was looking at the picture of Jason, she was already angry because of problems with her ex. Then she sees a picture and maybe the picture looks similar to what she saw that night.

I doubt the jury saw her as credible given the memory problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy