'Woolly mammoth' spotted in Siberia

TrackerSam

Reaction score
A BEAST lurches through icy waters in a sighting a paranormal investigator thinks could prove woolly mammoths are not extinct after all.
The animal – thought to have mostly died out roughly 4,000 years ago – was apparently filmed wading through a river in the freezing wilds of Siberia.

The jaw-dropping footage was caught by a government-employed engineer last summer in the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug region of Siberia, it is claimed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4116326/Woolly-mammoth-spotted-in-Siberia.html

To me it looks like either an elephant or two overweight emus standing close together. :waitasec:

My 3 year old thinks it is a bear :) and thought it silly I would even ask what it was.

The "trunk" appears to be a fish, so I think that is a large bear that has just caught a fish.

I agree, either elephant (are there elephants in Siberia??) or a bear with a fish. Cool footage though!

P.S. The footage looks like the filmer (is that a word?) was close enough that he should have been able to tell what it was with the naked eye.

That water looks so cold and it's flowing so fast! That is no place I'd want to be, for sure.

To me that looks like a bear carrying a large fish. If it's a woolly mammoth, where are the tusks?

Lanie, it's definately a bear carrying something, Mammoth my foot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSAd3OzlCNo&feature=related"]Woolly Mammoth? Maybe. Definitely not a bear... - YouTube[/ame]

Whoever took the video should get better camera lens. Just sayin...:floorlaugh:

Could it be a baby mammoth with no tusks?

:what:

mammoth_mum_and_baby.jpg

Looks like a bear except for the fact that it's front legs were longer than it's back legs. Bear have shorter front legs (which is why they can't run downhill). It was pretty small to be a mammoth, but it could have been a baby. There have been other animals that were thought extinct that have popped up from time to time, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

It's global warming. Thawing out the frozen mammoths.

"Stop! Hey, what's that sound? All the mammoths are in the grou-ound."

(for those parents who know all the words to Ice Age. lol)

Mammoth Madness? New Developments (cryptomundo.com)
---
A new development has occurred due to some background checks on the alleged individual who is credited as the source of the video published in The Sun: Michael Cohen.

According to past detective work done by Lee Speigel at Huffington Post, any material evidence produced by Michael Cohen is suspect.

As Speigel related in his 2011 investigative piece on Cohen (see here), last October, the discussion was of a video supposedly showing an “extraterrestrial…seen in a Brazilian rainforest [that] arches its back conveniently right in front of a group of children being filmed.”

Speigel wrote: “Well, we’ve seen stranger things, but this is just the latest in a series of videos all coincidentally presented on the Internet by Mike Cohen of All News Web, which bills itself as ‘the world’s only inter-galactic daily news service.’”

Only trouble is, the ET in the jungle apparently was just an object placed in that surrounding.
---
So an educated guess might be that this is a real brown bear with a salmon in its mouth, photoshopped into another picture entirely. As with the Brazilian "ET" incident, the Sun was the paper used to make the "news" public.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back