Comforter in Josh Powell's Storage Unit Tests Positive for Blood

mamamia54

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
mysticsnowangel.proboards.com
A comforter found in Josh Powell's storage unit after he killed himself and his two boys contained a stain that tested positive for blood, court documents revealed Friday.

At the time of his death, Powell was considered a person of interest in the 2009 disappearance and presumed death of his wife Susan when they resided in Utah. Authorities now say his father, jailed on child *advertiser censored* charges, is also a person of interest.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20569415,00.html

I remember Josh mentioning to a neighbor (shortly after Susan went missing) that he had to buy a new quilt. Of course there is a difference between a comforter and a quilt but I find it interesting. Why did he need to buy a new quilt?

I remember Josh mentioning to a neighbor (shortly after Susan went missing) that he had to buy a new quilt. Of course there is a difference between a comforter and a quilt but I find it interesting. Why did he need to buy a new quilt?

there are allot of people who say comfoter meaning quilt or blanket.
HIS was missing!
Like in Haskings needed a new mattress!
I wonder if their bedroom was in color tones where pink comforter would be what Susan put over her as she laid down sick after dinner?

Can someone please tell me if LE just found this storage unit or have they known about it all along,but could not open it for some legal reason

AHa -- good memory!

I really didn't expect that they would find anything there but I am glad now that I was wrong. I wonder just how much blood was on it. I would guess that it would be small, easily missed or even a fine spray the kind that isn't really noticable to the naked eye.

So, if he last accessed the unit the day before Susan went missing, do we know for certain that she wasn't actually killed on the 4th? Did anyone see her alive that day?

So, if he last accessed the unit the day before Susan went missing, do we know for certain that she wasn't actually killed on the 4th? Did anyone see her alive that day?

2-4-12 is the day before he killed himself and the two boys. They are still calling Susan a disappearance.

A comforter found in Josh Powell's storage unit after he killed himself and his two boys contained a stain that tested positive for blood, court documents revealed Friday.

At the time of his death, Powell was considered a person of interest in the 2009 disappearance and presumed death of his wife Susan when they resided in Utah. Authorities now say his father, jailed on child *advertiser censored* charges, is also a person of interest.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20569415,00.html

Wanted to move my post from the other thread.

Well.....IF this is true, and since WVCPD took the comforter from Susan and Josh's house the next day after her disappearance...it's seem THAT comforter was staged and the real one ended up in WA.....SOMEHOW!! So who took it toWA and when? 12/7/09?

???? JMO

ETA: I can't believe all this info....and findings are coming out after the fact!!! I may have to cease posting on her case if this continues....for my membership...and sanity.

Wow. I always kind of assumed poisoning or some other "clean" method for him to kill her. Unless he did something else to her first and then stabbed her with whatever out of rage & evil. I guess that would explain us not hearing about any blood evidence, like splatter, since you won't get splatter if someone is already dead (no blood pressure). At least if I understand things right. I suppose she could have been drugged first, taken to wherever they "camped" and then killed, but obviously one of the kids saw something with the "mommy owie" comment. Scratching my head a little.

Because LE had confiscated his. The one that was on his bed in plain sight, that is.

We have more than one quilt/bedspread/comforter around our house. When we get a new one, the old one goes into storage in case we need it later. Like if we want to wrap a dead/dying body in the back of a van for clean transport.

I don't understand for the life of me WHY NOW they are searching this storage unit. There are so many things that went wrong :( Just a cluster....

First of all question-if the blood on the blanket is related to Susan's disappearance, i.e. her blood, why would he have kept it for 2 years in a storage unit under his name. I would think that he would make sure any and all physcial evidence would have been destroyed. How difficult could have been to dispose of a comforter?

I am thinking it is nothing, to be honest, unless he decided to keep it as a souvernier?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back