For those who refute the prosecution's theory, what are your alternate theories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boodles

Reaction score
:seeya:

There are several posters who adamantly refute everything presented by the prosecution and witnesses when it is incriminating Jason Young in his wife's murder.

For those posters, I am curious whether you think:

1) Jason did it but the prosecution cannot prove to the necessary standard;
2) Jason did not commit the murder himself, nor did he conspire with anyone to commit the murder.
3) something else

What's the basis for your adamant support of Jason Young, and what is your theory about who murdered Michelle and why?

I am open-minded that JY could have done it, but unless things change a lot between now and the prosecution resting I don't think they will get a conviction because of reasonable doubt. I think JY has been proven a jerk but not a murderer.

My personal opinion is that the case is unsolved. I think it could have been someone who snuck into the house either while Michelle walked Shelley out to her car, or if she took the dog out later.

If this is the case, I think it was someone who had been watching her for awhile and somehow knew that Jason was out of town. I'm more convinced of this because Shelley testified to feeling that they were being watched(which I realize is totally subjective - nothing scientific that I know of to back up this feeling, but often gut feelings turn out to be right.) Either the person could have had something against Jason or Michelle, or was simply obsessed and planning to rape and/or murder Michelle.

Since she was wearing clothes, it would have been an attempted rape, and she fought back so the killer started strangling her and then got very angry when she put up such a fight and beat her to death. I think the objective could have been rape since nothing much was taken from the house.

So I either think that JY did it and was just really good about not leaving evidence, or I think it was a stalker who she may or may not have known.

Thanks fromageball. I admit to being befuddled by some of the comments I read here which seem to be support for JY at any price (IMO, disregarding incriminating aspects). I too am open to evidence and varying points of view. Thanks for sharing your viewpoint that you're feeling the evidence is insufficient at this point and the rationale for your feeling it's unsolved.

I am open-minded that JY could have done it, but unless things change a lot between now and the prosecution resting I don't think they will get a conviction because of reasonable doubt. I think JY has been proven a jerk but not a murderer.

My personal opinion is that the case is unsolved. I think it could have been someone who snuck into the house either while Michelle walked Shelley out to her car, or if she took the dog out later.

If this is the case, I think it was someone who had been watching her for awhile and somehow knew that Jason was out of town. I'm more convinced of this because Shelley testified to feeling that they were being watched(which I realize is totally subjective - nothing scientific that I know of to back up this feeling, but often gut feelings turn out to be right.) Either the person could have had something against Jason or Michelle, or was simply obsessed and planning to rape and/or murder Michelle.

Since she was wearing clothes, it would have been an attempted rape, and she fought back so the killer started strangling her and then got very angry when she put up such a fight and beat her to death. I think the objective could have been rape since nothing much was taken from the house.

So I either think that JY did it and was just really good about not leaving evidence, or I think it was a stalker who she may or may not have known.

Have you ever considered that eerie feeling that SS experienced was just the tension and bad feelings that were in the home because of the deterioration of MY and JY marriage and the vibe he was giving off, especially planning a what he was planning. I was once with a horrible man, JY seems to be very much like him, our house was beautiful but felt so uncomfortable that none of my friends ever felt good there especially when he was in one of his "states". Have you ever walked in somewhere and just felt extremely uncomfortable?

SS had been around them a lot but the tension JY was giving off the night before such an event must have been intense.

Have you ever considered that eerie feeling that SS experienced was just the tension and bad feelings that were in the home because of the deterioration of MY and JY marriage and the vibe he was giving off, especially planning a what he was planning. I was once with a horrible man, JY seems to be very much like him, our house was beautiful but felt so uncomfortable that none of my friends ever felt good there especially when he was in one of his "states". Have you ever walked in somewhere and just felt extremely uncomfortable?

SS had been around them a lot but the tension JY was giving off the night before such an event must have been intense.

That could explain it as well. That's just my only alternative theory for if Jason didn't do it, but I think the case is pretty bizarre and most of the details don't make sense to me whether JY did it or not.

I just noticed this thread and wanted to bump it up a little to see if more would like to post on it. I too am curious to hear alternative theories. Even though I feel convinced JY is guilty, I realize he could still be acquitted.

Re: the "feeling that someone is watching us". I once had a house that had two sliders in the family rooom with the house backing up onto woods. The house was fairly isolated and I very rarely closed the draperies in that room, even at night.

Over the years I had several female friends comment "Oh, please close the drapes, I feel like someone is watching us." So, I think some folks are just a bit paranoid about draperies being open during the evening hours when the lights are on. Of course, SS was not asked enough specific questions to determine whether this was the case or not.

He could have done it, but the PT just didn't prove it to me... The size 10 shoes, no physical evidence at all.... The 2 ladies seeing someone at the house that morning....The planned pregnancy, the gas mileage...No blood in the drains, no murder weapon and so on...

Could have been someone from the trailer park.... They had been watching and knew when JY left... Came up to the house to see if they could get in.. Found the garage door was unlocked... A lot of robberies happen when a window or door is left unlocked... Came in surprised MY they tried to strangle her didn't work so they beat her... Back of head.. Meaning she had turned away from them....
That would explain the size 10 shoe print.... Went thru JY closet found his shoes and made those faint shoe prints....
Could have been a father and he cleaned CY up...Who knows...

Now go ahead laugh, make fun of it and what have you.LOL!!!! . But its how I feel... Im keeping an open mind...

I feel the same way and I'm usually the "oh, he did it, alright" type ... never a moment's doubt about OJ, Scott Peterson, Drew Peterson, Josh Powell, Casey Anthony .... I could go on and on.

But, in this case, I just can't shake the feeling that he MIGHT NOT have done it. And, if I were on the jury, I would hold out for a not guilty verdict based on reasonable doubt. Deep down inside, I'm a pinky liberal who would rather see 100 guilty people go free than 1 innocent person locked up.

SS made a comment along the lines of, "How unlucky can one person be?" I just keep thinking that perhaps he really was unlucky ... perhaps there were some drunk or high smokers sneaking in and out of the hotel that night and they thought it would be funny to push the camera up (something my friends would have definitely done 20-30 years ago). Is that a longshot? Perhaps. But, the postal lady, the lack of blood in the car, the gas mileage ... and a few more items that leave questions in my mind .... I just can't let them go. :what:

I'm by no means a "defend JY at all costs person." I think he's a disgusting, immature, pig. But, I'm just not convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that he's a murderer.

I can't shake the feeling that a woman was involved in the murder of MY. It looks like a "personal" murder. The diamond ring is missing. A jealous rival of Michelle? The child was cared for and cleaned up, something a woman more likely to do.

I can't shake the feeling that a woman was involved in the murder of MY. It looks like a "personal" murder. The diamond ring is missing. A jealous rival of Michelle? The child was cared for and cleaned up, something a woman more likely to do.

I've thought about that also ShadyLady... A jealous female would also want to destroy someones looks even if killing the woman..... I just dont think JY killed MY..... MOO Usually when its a hubby/wife case I say yep he killed her, but I just cant with this case...

I can't rule a woman out either. I believe JY is involved in this murder somehow but I could not put him in prison based on the evidence.
What I do know is that MY was not given fair treatment by the police or the state. It seems they could have dug a little deeper, tried a little harder ..... something. Waiting for JY to talk to them is no excuse.

Or the child's Daddy.....:jail:

I don't think Jason did it.

The parts that don't make sense to me are:
1) The gas station attendant. She's blind and has mental issues. Her statement about the man coming in and being angry that the pumps weren't turned on and he was paying cash. Anyone who's purchased gas in the last decade knows it's pay before you pump. Even in 2006 I remember this being the case. So why would anyone be complaining about have to pay before you pump on a cash purchase?
2) The dog being inside the house when the sister arrived. Who let the dog in? Why was there no bloody paw prints?
3) who cleaned off the daughter? If JY was the killer, how did his daughter manage to stay clean for 9+ hours? With no diaper? And children's cough syrup will not make your kids sleep for 9 hours. I've used similar stuff with my kids when they were that age, and it wouldn't even make them sleepy. Even if it was some miracle cough syrup that would've made her sleep for that long, how did she go without soiling herself?
4) The timeline doesn't add up, and it doesn't leave room for error. It would've had to have been so carefully planned, and there's no evidence that this was planned.
5) The strange SUV seen in the driveway at an hour JY couldn't have possibly been there.
6) The unidentified DNA
7) The unidentified shoe prints
8) The evidence used against him:
a) the door propped open at the hotel. I would do that when I used to smoke, and I'm not a murderer.
b) the hotel camera uplugged/shifted. it had someone else's prints on it.
c) a pair of shoes he may have owned at one time. I go through a pair of shoes a year, so if you're looking for a pair I owned three years ago, it's not going to happen.
e) he cheated on his wife. It happens. It's horrible that he did. That doesn't make him a killer.
All the evidence is a forced fit, and some of it doesn't even fit.

My alternative theory, the sister did it. Did the police check out her alibi? She was drunk and asleep at home? Her 911 call is suspect. I think maybe her and a boyfriend could've done it. It just seems the police focused everything on JY and didn't investigate any alternative.
There's no evidence to support this part and it's completely opinion.

Gracie is blind...really?

You guys seem to forget that JLY is no less guilty 'if' he had an accomplice.
Judge Stephens made it very clear the jury could consider he acted in concert.
Most of your 'doubts' point to a possible accomplice. Again, that has nothing to do with JLY himself being guilty of 1st degree murder

$4,000,000 life insurance, doubled by JLY the month before the murder.
I'm shocked the prosecution didn't bother to reveal this in the first trial.

Gracie is blind...really?

You guys seem to forget that JLY is no less guilty 'if' he had an accomplice.
Judge Stephens made it very clear the jury could consider he acted in concert.
Most of your 'doubts' point to a possible accomplice. Again, that has nothing to do with JLY himself being guilty of 1st degree murder

I don't know if you'd seen her coke bottle glasses?

All of that would've required meticulous planning, and there was no evidence of that. The scoured his computer, emails, and text messages and found no evidence of a plan.
And the accomplice cleaned off CY, and stayed with her the entire time up until noon when JY called his sister-in-law?
Or are you suggesting that JY hired someone or promised someone compensation for killing his wife, just don't hurt his daughter. He told the attacker the garage door is unlocked and when he'd be out of town?
Still, there's no evidence of that. There's also the question of who cleaned CY, and kept her clean for that long, and why wasn't she wearing a diaper. No one washed off the blood at the house, so did someone take CY to another location and bath and change her? No laundry was done recently at the house either. They forgot to bring diapers, and that's why there was no diaper on her. Who had CY? The sister.

I think the police focused all their attention on making a case against JY and did not investigate any alternatives. JY didn't talk to police, and they were offended by that.
A lawyer once told me, "Never talk to police, no matter what. You may have done something illegal that you didn't even know was illegal, and if you tell the police, you've just confessed to a crime." So, JY adheres to this advice and they target him.

edit: and life insurance isn't instantly given when there's a murder. There's usually an investigation and the husband is suspect number one. If JY is intelligent enough to plan this meticulous murder, without leaving a single snippet of evidence, and with no room for error, how could he be stupid enough not to know that?

There's way too many holes in the prosecution, and I wouldn't be able to say that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, or even suspect him.
And the 911 call from the sister sounds way off. Why was she never a suspect? Her alibi was that she was drunk at home or where? I forget.

Jova33, I think you are posting about the wrong case. :cheers:

Clerk_Youngcf29919d-e651-4227-a529-56803d738b67.jpg

oh, must be. But she did have mental issues?

And one more thing, CY was removed from the scene to be cleaned, and her clothes were washed and dried. Who would JY have left to do this? His mistress didn't live in the same town.

All of that would've required meticulous planning, and there was no evidence of that. The scoured his computer, emails, and text messages and found no evidence of a plan.
And the accomplice cleaned off CY, and stayed with her the entire time up until noon when JY called his sister-in-law?
Or are you suggesting that JY hired someone or promised someone compensation for killing his wife, just don't hurt his daughter. He told the attacker the garage door is unlocked and when he'd be out of town?
Still, there's no evidence of that. There's also the question of who cleaned CY, and kept her clean for that long, and why wasn't she wearing a diaper. No one washed off the blood at the house, so did someone take CY to another location and bath and change her? No laundry was done recently at the house either. They forgot to bring diapers, and that's why there was no diaper on her. Who had CY? The sister.

I think the police focused all their attention on making a case against JY and did not investigate any alternatives. JY didn't talk to police, and they were offended by that.
A lawyer once told me, "Never talk to police, no matter what. You may have done something illegal that you didn't even know was illegal, and if you tell the police, you've just confessed to a crime." So, JY adheres to this advice and they target him.

edit: and life insurance isn't instantly given when there's a murder. There's usually an investigation and the husband is suspect number one. If JY is intelligent enough to plan this meticulous murder, without leaving a single snippet of evidence, and with no room for error, how could he be stupid enough not to know that?

There's way too many holes in the prosecution, and I wouldn't be able to say that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, or even suspect him.
And the 911 call from the sister sounds way off. Why was she never a suspect? Her alibi was that she was drunk at home or where? I forget.

In all due respect did you follow this case? There are many things you have questioned that I can pick apart. JTF has been on this since day 1 and he is very insightful and is the one to ask for any MY/JY questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie