GUILTY OR - Matthew Yoder for child sexual abuse, Salem, 2012

Hmmm, notice how the headline of the article does NOT match the charges. I get so tremendously sick of this kind of reporting. Jeesh.

Teacher accused of sexual relationship with student

Rape, sodomy and sex abuse don't sound like a "relationship" to me. No one under the age of 18 can give consent in the state of Oregon.

March 2015:

A 19-year-old woman who was sexually abused by her Salem-area high school teacher is suing the school...

The suit alleges that school officials hired teacher Matthew Yoder "despite being aware of previous sexual abuse allegations against him and widespread concerns about Yoder's inappropriate interactions with students"...

The woman's attorneys say the former student enrolled at the school as a 15-year-old freshman in 2010. Yoder, then a 27-year-old social studies teacher, gained the girl's trust and then subjected her to repeated sexual abuse from late 2010 through the end of 2011, they allege. Yoder, attorneys say, threatened the girl to keep the abuse a secret.

The victim, identified by the initials M.L., released a statement Tuesday saying that even "though my abuser has been punished, it was the school's policy that allowed this to happen. My goal in this lawsuit is to ensure that no other kids at this school have to suffer abuse like I did."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/03/former_western_mennonite_schoo.html

I don't understand how he only got 3 years?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back