GUILTY FL - Jeffery London for child molestation, Lauderdale Lakes, 2012

Missizzy

Reaction score
I ran across this guy while researching another pastor. Looks like we missed this one.

Yeah....a father figure. Yikes.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...120126_1_youth-pastor-young-boys-bible-church

Youth pastor accused of sexually abusing boy for 10 years
January 26, 2012

"A Broward teenager is accusing a Fort Lauderdale youth pastor of sexually molesting him for the past 10 years, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office. Jeffery London, 48, was arrested Wednesday night at his home in Lauderdale Lakes after returning from conducting Bible study at the Bible Church of God in Fort Lauderdale..."

and

"...The accuser, now 18 years old, recently told a friend from church that he had been abused repeatedly over the decade he lived with London. The alleged victim's mother had left him in London's care when he was 8 after she faced financial difficulties..."

and

"...Besides working at the Bible Church of God, London was the dean of students at Eagle Charter Academy in Lauderdale Lakes from 2003-2009, was a counselor at the Boys and Girls Club in Fort Lauderdale and could have worked at other area schools and churches..."

and

"....He has been a father figure to more than 15 young boys over the years. One was born to a mother with a cocaine addiction. Another was the son of a woman who died of AIDS. Yet another was left on his doorstep when the boy's family scattered after a hurricane. More than a few were left orphaned by murders and suicides. He introduced them as his sons. They called him dad...."

and

"...They can't say someone wasn't there for them," London said in 2006. At that time, London was divorced with a daughter at Bethune-Cookman, and living with five of the youths..."

More at link

And, the victims start coming forward--

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/09/2633634/third-man-accuses-youth-pastor.html

Third man accuses youth pastor Jeffery London of abusing him as a boy
February 9, 2012

"...Jeffery London, 48, already faces several charges of sexual battery on a child under 12, according to court records. The latest accusation was made by a man who is now 26. He told detectives that when he was 8, London performed sexual acts on him and coerced him to reciprocate about three times per week through that summer. The abuse continued until the alleged victim became an adult..."

more at link

Another day, another monster. It is starting to frighten me how many people in our society have no morals whatsoever. Just how many are there? It appears to be thousands and thousands. What happened to the morals in our society? Were there ever any to begin with? I don't know, but the plethora of child sex abuse cases is really disturbing and upsetting to me. How can you steal the soul of an innocent child?

Another day, another monster. It is starting to frighten me how many people in our society have no morals whatsoever. Just how many are there? It appears to be thousands and thousands. What happened to the morals in our society? Were there ever any to begin with? I don't know, but the plethora of child sex abuse cases is really disturbing and upsetting to me. How can you steal the soul of an innocent child?

And people who are willing to devastate other's lives for their own pleasure. I will never understand that.

Belinda--I don't believe that this is a "new crop" of monsters. I think that they've always been there. Our society is finally ready to say ENOUGH.

April 2014:

A Ft. Lauderdale jury found a former youth pastor accused of molesting children not guilty on all counts...

Just after 2 p.m. a decision was reached and London was acquitted of 27 counts of abuse...

Despite gripping testimony from four men, who all said London molested them as children, the jury wasn’t convinced...
“I think it came down to no physical evidence,” said Defense Attorney Lourdes Gonzalez.

The victory is bittersweet because London is not going home. He is going back to jail to await trial again. Four other men have accused him of doing the same thing.

Much more here:
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/04/1...t-to-resume-in-sex-abuse-trial-of-fmr-pastor/

April 2014:

A jury found a former youth minister who ran a boys home that was not registered with the foster system not guilty of sexually abusing four boys Thursday...

London, who faces 27 counts of child abuse, said he allowed the boys to stay in his home, because they were in need of a paternal figure.

"I had a need to help," London, 50, said..

London also said his ex-wife Aretha Wimberly was a liar. During her testimony she said she found her then husband in bed with a 16-year old boy. She also said her husband took dozens of boys in who would otherwise be homeless.

http://www.local10.com/news/florida...-guilty-in-sex-abuse-trial-_20151127105233788

December 2014:

the Broward County state attorney's office has been asked to delay the trial of a former youth minister that was scheduled to begin Monday.

The request comes from the U.S. Department of Justice, which is strongly considering bringing federal charges against Jeffrey London....

Sources told Local 10 the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Florida is planning on charging London under the federal statute -- charges to include solicitation of a minor for sex and transportation of a minor across state lines.

http://www.local10.com/news/jeffrey-london-trial-delayed-at-request-of-feds

June 2015:

Man, 20, tells jury he was sexually abused from 7 to 16 by youth pastor at Fort Lauderdale church...

London now faces a lone federal charge of using a cellphone to lure one of those boys, a distant relative, into sexual activity...

Legal experts say the new charge is not considered "double jeopardy" because it involves a different alleged crime and was filed in federal, not state, court.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...on-federal-trial-openings-20150611-story.html

June 2015:

witnesses who testified for the prosecution Friday in London's trial on a federal sex charge, said London's public persona belied his manipulative, abusive behavior in private...

Assistant Federal Public Defender Daryl Wilcox tried to attack the credibility of both alleged victims by questioning them about civil lawsuits they, and several other young men, filed against the estate of London's deceased wealthy benefactor, Elizabeth "B.J." Huizenga Buntrock...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-jeffery-london-day-two-20150612-story.html

June 2015:

Jury finds Broward pastor and school official guilty after 3 1/2 hours of deliberations...

He faces 10 years to life in federal prison when he's sentenced in August for using a cellphone to lure an underage boy into sexual activity...

Legal experts said the federal charge was easier to prove than the state case because prosecutors just had to prove that London used his cellphone to send texts to persuade the underage victim into sexual conduct...
Assistant Federal Public Defender Daryl Wilcox told jurors that London denies he sent the inappropriate text messages but also hinted that — if it did happen — the texting and any possible sexual contact was willing conduct on the part of the boys...

Some of them said they feared London because he had "an anger problem" and, because of his status in the community, they thought no one would believe them if they reported what he did to them.

Others said he played a fatherly role in their lives but used the promise of basic requirements like food, clothing and shoes — or gave them luxuries like computer games and cash — to coerce them into submitting to the sexual abuse.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-jeffery-london-trial-more-20150616-story.html

August 2015:

"I've always been a blessing to people," London told the judge before he was sentenced. "I can honestly sit here and say that will never change … One day I will be in heaven and I'm wishing the best to everyone else."...

A palpable ripple of relief passed through the accusers in the courtroom when they heard U.S. District Judge William Dimitrouleas impose the life sentence.

"I just wish he could even say he's sorry or just be real," one of the young men told the judge, looking over at London in disbelief. "Look us in the eye and tell us you know what happened."...

"Jeffery London, you did not break me," another of the young men said, turning to face London in the courtroom. "You don't have to admit anything. I just want you to know you did not break me."

London retorted that he had brought up the young man and made him what he is.

"No, you did not. I did that on my own," the man replied in a firm, confident voice.

Some of London's supporters in court muttered "liar" at the young men as they returned to their seats after speaking. One pastor told the judge, London is an "upstanding" and "God-fearing gentleman" who was a "bright shining light" in his former church. In the hallway outside the courtroom, a male supporter yelled that the trial had been like that of "the witches of Salem."...
"There are two Jeffery Londons," the judge told London's accusers and supporters. "The Jeffery London that has been a blessing to individuals in his church … and a different Jeffery London who's done horrible things to young boys within the four walls of his house."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-jeffery-london-sentenced-20150825-story.html

Wow, life sentence. That is surprising (to me) that they could get that much, but kudos as it sounds like he hurt a lot of boys.

In the first case, where he was acquitted, I can't even imagine the betrayal a victim must feel after reaching out, taking that chance of telling what happened to yourself, exposing yourself to scrutiny only to have the accused go free...how awful & invalidating that must be. And to add salt to the wound, the pastor's supporters calling the accusers liars, etc.

Interesting comments under the last article posted: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/br...825-story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back