POI: Joseph Brewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst reviewing information on serial killers and particularly information from expert John Douglas I came across a documentary about a case in Alaska in the 1980s-90s which John Douglas assisted police on.

It's called 'A Hunter's Game' Here is the link -

http://youtu.be/BjM82yKayxk

There are some striking simularities between this case and the Long Island serial killer case:

* Bodies had deteriorated into skeletons when found, in terrain the was remote/not often visited by people in wilderness/parklands in shallow graves sometimes only partially covered.
* Victims were young women, killer was careful in selecting women who were alone/vunerable - many were runaways, prostitues and exotic dancers.
* There was a case of a young woman who was abducted and held by the killer but managed to escape - she was found running partially naked in handcuffs and managed to flag down a passing car. She went straight to police and was able to give accurate descriptions of the area and house and suspect. Police went and investigated suspect at his house and made searches of his car and property. These searches turned up nothing.
* Unfortunately because of distrust between the victim and police (due mainly to her young age 17 and her work as a prostitute) and lack of evidence, they dismissed the case against him. One cop believed her though and continued to compile information on him.
This made me think of Shannen Gilbert and her desperate 911 call from Joseph Brewer's house. We may never know what exactly happened that night but the coincidences are eerie similar. Police searches of Brewers house and car also turned up nothing but that does not prove his innocence.
* I know police have cleared him as a suspect but if they did still suspect him and just didnt find or have enough evidence would they really want it known publicly that they are still investigating him as a poi ???? The smart thing is to clear him and lull him into a false sense of security in the hope he makes a mistake.
I believe that this is what is happening right now. They know it's him but they don't have enough evidence yet, they are biding their time and still searching for evidence.
Also very revealing that a recent post on websleuths from a local revealed even though Brewer has moved into his mother's home in West Islip, local police are still monitoring him by driving by his house.

Whilst reviewing information on serial killers and particularly information from expert John Douglas I came across a documentary about a case in Alaska in the 1980s-90s which John Douglas assisted police on.

It's called 'A Hunter's Game' Here is the link -

http://youtu.be/BjM82yKayxk

There are some striking simularities between this case and the Long Island serial killer case:

* Bodies had deteriorated into skeletons when found, in terrain the was remote/not often visited by people in wilderness/parklands in shallow graves sometimes only partially covered.
* Victims were young women, killer was careful in selecting women who were alone/vunerable - many were runaways, prostitues and exotic dancers.
* There was a case of a young woman who was abducted and held by the killer but managed to escape - she was found running partially naked in handcuffs and managed to flag down a passing car. She went straight to police and was able to give accurate descriptions of the area and house and suspect. Police went and investigated suspect at his house and made searches of his car and property. These searches turned up nothing.
* Unfortunately because of distrust between the victim and police (due mainly to her young age 17 and her work as a prostitute) and lack of evidence, they dismissed the case against him. One cop believed her though and continued to compile information on him.
This made me think of Shannen Gilbert and her desperate 911 call from Joseph Brewer's house. We may never know what exactly happened that night but the coincidences are eerie similar. Police searches of Brewers house and car also turned up nothing but that does not prove his innocence.
* I know police have cleared him as a suspect but if they did still suspect him and just didnt find or have enough evidence would they really want it known publicly that they are still investigating him as a poi ???? The smart thing is to clear him and lull him into a false sense of security in the hope he makes a mistake.
I believe that this is what is happening right now. They know it's him but they don't have enough evidence yet, they are biding their time and still searching for evidence.
Also very revealing that a recent post on websleuths from a local revealed even though Brewer has moved into his mother's home in West Islip, local police are still monitoring him by driving by his house.

The Alaskan case...Robert Hansen. Just watched a doc on him last week.

Anyway, I guess there's really no way to prove it, but *if* police still have JB under surveillance, it is very curious and definitely means they never officially ruled him out. JMO.

Regardless of whether LE suspects JB or someone else or even has no clue, I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff we aren't being told.

Respectfully quoting from websleuth member Chemcopout's post (#290 on the 12-19-2010)

"Who exactly is Joseph Brewer? What is his occupation? What type of party was he having in which he would invite a working girl, Gilbert to?

As for GC and JC, both neighbors who saw her in a panic that night, describe her behavior as that similiar to someone who was on drugs.

Gilbert made quite a commotion that night, enough for neighbors to remember it and for Shannon to call 911.
Even if the same killer murdered her who killed the other girls, the killer would be stupid to dump her in the same spot as the others, given the commotion that night and witnesses that would remember Shannon. Maybe Brewer shouldn't be ruled out so quickly.

Another neighbor witnessed Brewer and an unknown male loading a parked Uhaul truck:

"Another resident of the gated beachfront community described the john as an oddball.

"That guy always gave me the creeps," the neighbor said.

"One night about two months ago, he parked a U-Haul van on the side of the house. It was the strangest thing," the neighbor added.

"He and another man were packing the truck up in the dark. They moved real fast. It took about fifteen minutes. They didn't turn any lights on except one little light. That was the last time I saw him."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz18XShlnZk

What were they doing loading a Uhaul in the dark? Is the neighbor who witnessed this just willing to point fingers to avoid the witchhunt or is he making a valid observation of character?

IMO, i don't think Brewer should be ruled out completely." Chemcopout, post #290 on the 12-19-2010.

(Unfortunately the link to the original news article now shows it is no longer available.)

Respectfully quoting from websleuth member Chemcopout's post (#290 on the 12-19-2010)

"Who exactly is Joseph Brewer? What is his occupation? What type of party was he having in which he would invite a working girl, Gilbert to?

As for GC and JC, both neighbors who saw her in a panic that night, describe her behavior as that similiar to someone who was on drugs.

Gilbert made quite a commotion that night, enough for neighbors to remember it and for Shannon to call 911.
Even if the same killer murdered her who killed the other girls, the killer would be stupid to dump her in the same spot as the others, given the commotion that night and witnesses that would remember Shannon. Maybe Brewer shouldn't be ruled out so quickly.

Another neighbor witnessed Brewer and an unknown male loading a parked Uhaul truck:

"Another resident of the gated beachfront community described the john as an oddball.

"One night about two months ago, he parked a U-Haul van on the side of the house. It was the strangest thing," the neighbor added.

"He and another man were packing the truck up in the dark. They moved real fast. It took about fifteen minutes. They didn't turn any lights on except one little light. That was the last time I saw him."

What were they doing loading a Uhaul in the dark? Is the neighbor who witnessed this just willing to point fingers to avoid the witchhunt or is he making a valid observation of character?

IMO, i don't think Brewer should be ruled out completely." Chemcopout, post #290 on the 12-19-2010.

(Unfortunately the link to the original news article now shows it is no longer available.)

This link works.

It is a news report from December 15, 2010, 4 days after the first body was found
NOTE; the news report is 2 pages:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-12-15/news/27084656_1_gated-serial-killer-cops

Bodies dumped on Long Island beach all women, cops say as they hunt possible serial killer

BY MATTHEW LYSIAK AND JOHN LAUINGER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Quotes:

Another resident of the gated beachfront community described the john as an oddball.

It continue on page 2:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-12-15/news/27084656_1_gated-serial-killer-cops/2

Additional interesting info in this news report page 2:

He (Dormer) would not say if there was any sign of trauma or confirm a report that two of the bodies were wrapped in burlap.

"It does look like the bodies were there for some time," Dormer said. "You can tell from the physical evidence that it's possible they were there for a year, a year and a half, two years."
But Dormer said there are aspects of the investigation he is keeping under wraps.

"There's certain information about the crime scene and about the condition of the bodies, that we can't make public," he said without elaborating.

And:

Atlantic City prosecutors said they have spoken with cops about similarities between the Long Island cases and four dead prostitutes found behind the Black Horse Pike motel four years ago.

When it comes to this case, I don't have any firm convictions. Nor is JB my "favorite" suspect; I don't even have one of those. But I am glad that this thread exists because I would not be at all surprised if it's him in the end. Nor would I be surprised if it wasn't.

Essentially, I think JB is an important suspect in this case. It's easy to lose sight of him because he's sitting right there in front of us (and because the police haven't arrested him, which is maybe not entirely without meaning either), but he's major. Thanks for starting up the thread.

Like everything else I post, this is all only my opinion.

Hi *Indigo*, When I first read your OP I had the same thought pop into my head about the loading of something into a U Haul after dark and how suspicious that seems.

There is just so much we don't know about his quirks and associations. I'm wondering if he fits the profile of the SK?

I have had thoughts he has several local men friends and they party together, each getting out of it what they want. I don't think JB had sex with SG as he thought she might have not been a straight woman. It P'ed him off. Could this be the motive for her believing they were going to kill her? Hmmm I could see that IMO

JB could certainly use some researching, IMHO. When this story first broke, there was some reporting being done about JB. Then it seemed to slow to a trickle and then nothing. Now if JB is even mentioned in the MSM, it's a rehash of what was reported previously. JMO.

JB could certainly use some researching, IMHO. When this story first broke, there was some reporting being done about JB. Then it seemed to slow to a trickle and then nothing. Now if JB is even mentioned in the MSM, it's a rehash of what was reported previously. JMO.

Hi, I remember seeing JB interviewed on news shows and so we all heard his voice. Mari must have too, and if it had been his voice on the phone I don't think she would have intimated CPH like she did. {or maybe it was Sherre who did that on the Woman's radio show}. I'd like to see and hear him speak again, try to read his body language.

Just found this article and please check out the very interesting comments below including one from Mari Gilbert!!!

http://animalnewyork.com/2010/12/west-islip-man-was-only-guilty-of-maybe-banging-a-hooker/

Hi Indigo - trying to fix your above link. ;} It worked LOL

OMG, those comments were simply startling to read. I had no idea Mr Brewer was thought of in such suspicious ways. I know he didn't give the reporters anything to even chew on. And with Mari saying LE gave her a 'no comment' answer to her question about the mom and baby found in the LISK investigation, it about blew my mind. They could have easily said No and put it to rest, right?

Do we know anything more about the baby? Age? Or the name of his previous GF? I still think CPH had been at JB's house that night and could have grabbed her down off Anchor Way and pulled her into his auto.

PS: I think we need to clear up the timeline of JB and friend putting something into the U Haul trailer. It was stated in Oct, 2010, right, by link? And at that time they said it had happened 2 months before that. Is this correct? Thanks

Whoa... Would love to find out confirmation on brewer and brother being landlords of a residence where a woman and her small child disappeared..
Do we know estimated amount of time mother and Child remains had been there, as in estimated date of death for the two...

How come LE say that Joseph Brewer is NOT a GB4 Serial Killer suspect/POI, and neither a murder suspect/POI in the Shannan Gilbert case ?

My theorie:

I belive that after LE investigated JB, it turned out that JB had waterprof alibies in all or some of the GB4 murders.
That would clear him of beeing the GB4 serial killer.

AND if he was ruled out as the GB4 serial killer, LE probably choose to belive his story concerning what happened that night Shannan disappeared.

I definitely have trouble believing that someone in the oak beach community is NOT involved. It's possible that SG died of hypothermia or drowning....but I have trouble believing that, too. I hope LE is still considering some of the people there, including JB. They need to keep open minds.

The Alaskan case...Robert Hansen. Just watched a doc on him last week.

Anyway, I guess there's really no way to prove it, but *if* police still have JB under surveillance, it is very curious and definitely means they never officially ruled him out. JMO.

Regardless of whether LE suspects JB or someone else or even has no clue, I'm sure there is a bunch of stuff we aren't being told.

Or it could mean that he knows who the sk is, is cooperating with le, and is rightfully so afraid for his and his family safety, so le is protecting him. If it is indeed true that "neighbors have seen police near jb's house regularly" it is more likely that LE wants to be seen near his house ie. le is "protecting" him. If LE was surveilling him because they thought he was the sk, neighbors wouldn't be able to see or recognize said surveillance.

In My opinion he is the SK. I have read every case by John Douglas. His books "The Mind Hunter etc", I have them all...I learned so much from his developement of profiling. With Joesph Brewer, I believe John Douglas would have known from day 1 it was Brewer & he messed up. When one kills dozens....of girls, they slip up ALOT....Even the story about the Atlanta boys killing was pretty amazing.....that sk was dumping the boys off bridges into the chattahoochie....it wasn't until the black community was up in arms thinking it was the kkk behind the killings....riots were ready to break out, did they buckle donew & call in John Douglas & Bob Ressler. They had FBI in woulds with night vision etc.....they caught him.....faster IMO

I have been pretty focused on Brewer from day 1. I think he tried to bring others in....without their knowledge, I believe a cunning socio path who has been killing for decades......would look to create a fiasco. Truth is there is no fiasco...just JOESPH BREWER.

Now he was supposibly seperating from his wife?????
Where are we there??????
His family needs to be questioned on timeline.
Atlantic City trips scrutinized.
Wife would have compassion thats why she stayed in an Abusive Relationship (IMO)
I bet they got back together & he really plays her now just to make her loyal, because he is a socio-path
They need to speak with her best friends.
We need to find out every little detail & story there is out there about Joesph Brewer the POI/SK....IMO
He hired
He aggressed on Shannan
He had the time
He fits the profile
We need up to date info on JB.....
Habits, friends, full court press on every aspect of his life....these victims deserve to know......So Shannan can finish the job she started & out this sicko......Joesph SK Brewer IMO

Also they need to put capital punishment back on the table.....or I am sure & hope the guards look the other way in prison so he has years & years of torture as he has done to others IMO. If Johns were being killed,. (aren't they the people who create prostitution?) everyone would have been hunted down on day 1.....Johns who are older men, with families, who live secret lives....who take advantage of youth, addicted young children....These are the perps in general. You want prostitutes ....go to nevada or amsterdam....they regulate more & get rid of the wierdo's.

I want to see him & family taken down & questioned weekly...till the truth prevails....before the wiesel takes his own life.....he needs to be in custody for something anything minor....even the fact he lied to police about what Shannan was doing there...anything they can...so he is on death watch

I also feel they should lock up the Doctor & Gus........get through their lies...because they were caught lying in a very important SK case.....till they give the real stories....about the real parties.....who supplied the girls....the drugs & kept a watch @ gate giving POI time & maybe vehicle to take Shannan Gilbert. Fluke said Guses truck was missing....WHO FOLLOWS UP ON THIS STUFF???????????
PLEASE TELL ME WHO????? BECAUSE I CAN DO A BETTER JOB THAN THIS CRAP!!!!!!!IMO
Hopefully if it is JB I would be confident his fate would be like Dahmer';s....there is no fixing these people NONE​

How come LE say that Joseph Brewer is NOT a GB4 Serial Killer suspect/POI, and neither a murder suspect/POI in the Shannan Gilbert case ?

My theorie:

I belive that after LE investigated JB, it turned out that JB had waterprof alibies in all or some of the GB4 murders.
That would clear him of beeing the GB4 serial killer.

AND if he was ruled out as the GB4 serial killer, LE probably choose to belive his story concerning what happened that night Shannan disappeared.
<modsnip>
Now that concerns me
Lots of times Mothers or Wivies chose to Lie when a Family member gets into serious trouble....but rest assure my friend ......It will be them who will be questioned ...than if 1 friend comes forward stating a mate or family member had lied....
Well now creates Deep trouble....
In fact the Law punishes these people harshly to set examples
As we are all entitle to opinions
<modsnip>
Sad @ that, since NO DOOR WAS EVER CLOSED (thats fact)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors