GUILTY CA - Tracy Betts for child endangerment, Temecula, 2012

UPDATE: Mom held daughter in car, neighbors say

A naked 12-year-old girl seen eating out of trash cans on a Temecula street was being held by her mother in a car while she worked at a nearby elementary school, residents of the neighborhood said Friday, citing Riverside County Sheriff’s deputies.

Tracy Lynn Betts, 40, a teaching assistant at Vail Elementary, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of felony child endangerment after people who spotted the unidentified girl called 911.

Deputies interviewed the girl and learned that her mother works as a teacher’s assistant at the school. A sheriff’s news release stated that Betts had left her daughter in the vehicle about a block from the school.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/rivers...te-mom-held-daughter-in-car-neighbors-say.ece

Sick, sick, sick. That poor child. Starving and naked in a BMW?! I hope they put that woman in jail and that poor child gets to live somewhere else. Please, CPS, don't reunify this child with a family that obviously couldn't care less about her, even though they apparently have plenty of money for her care.

They believe she was kept naked to discourage her from leaving the car? Wth? A special ed teachers aid? That is truly frightening.

The 'mother' was released on $15,000 bail and the school district spokesman isn't sure how all this might affect her employment status.

Can you believe it?! I wonder if she'll show up for work next week.

Omg, that poor child. what a humiliating thing to do to her, starving, unclothed, lonely. sometimes I hate people!

Why become a teacher's aide if you hate children?

How can you treat a child that way unless you hate them?

How can you love other people's children or at least care enough to want to teach them, while treating your own child worse than a neglected pet?

I am truly baffled.

This is just plain crazy! That mother must be mentally ill. Its horrible that she is working as a teacher's assistant while treating her daughter that way. And why isn't the daughter in school? Where has the daughter been in previous years? Are they homeless--with an expensive car? It appears that she hasn't been feeding the girl, and to make her sit in a car naked is just unbelievable. Truth is stranger than fiction! I wonder where the father of the girl is.

So the mother's answer to these charges will be something along the lines of:

DD has behavioral issues and has run away in the past. I could not afford to lose my job, nor could her father and yet we felt it too dangerous to leave her at home alone or let her attend school, she might get hurt. She was naked and barefoot so she couldn't leave the car. I did not leave her any food because. . . (Not sure how that will be spun)

If the BMW is any indication of this mother's decision making in areas of parenting I can only imagine what drove this child to run off in december.

So the mother's answer to these charges will be something along the lines of:

DD has behavioral issues and has run away in the past. I could not afford to lose my job, nor could her father and yet we felt it too dangerous to leave her at home alone or let her attend school, she might get hurt. She was naked and barefoot so she couldn't leave the car. I did not leave her any food because. . . (Not sure how that will be spun)

If the BMW is any indication of this mother's decision making in areas of parenting I can only imagine what drove this child to run off in december.

I'm scratching my head on this one. It doesn't seem like a cut and dry case of some moron abusing their child. The photos show a child happy to be reunited with her father. She left of her own accord from all reports (including foot prints from her window) Bio parents are intact. She was quoted as saying "I just want to go home Daddy".

Google images show a nice neighborhood, the family seems clean, well dressed, etc. Note: I'm NOT saying that they have to be poor and dirty to abuse a chil, but often those are additional indicators to support potential abuse.

It will be interesting to see what else gets reported. I wonder why she wasn't in school ? The mom reports the older child making "first flute" on her facebook recently and going to Disneyland, so it would appear the older daughter is in school and they are taking a family vacation. A friend on facebook comments that both her girls are so smart ...

Something isn't adding up to "leaving her starving in the BMW naked" IMO.

A starving adolescent with a mother AND father in the home? I won't be a bit surprised to read about an endeavor to starve the devil out of her, or some other such nonsense. :banghead:

Thanks goodness for the folks out pulling weeds that day.

moo

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...aked-and-rummaging-in-trash-for-food-in-calif

A teacher’s assistant from California faces child endangerment charges after her 12-year-old daughter was found naked and rummaging through trash cans for food, officials said.

Police were called on Thursday after a local resident saw a girl walking in Temecula, south-east of Los Angeles, wearing no clothes and eating food out of trash cans.

Tracy Betts, 40, a teaching assistant at nearby Vail Elementary, was arrested at the school on suspicion of felony child endangerment.

:banghead:

The child had apparently "run away" in Dec as well
http://murrieta.patch.com/articles/missing-murrieta-girl-found-after-morning-search

And the mother is posting about Disneyland with her 15 year old at the end of Jan on Facebook?

There has to be more to this story..... :(

This sounds like one of those sad cases in which one child is favored while the other one is abused.

What is wrong with these people??? It's beyond disturbing!!!

Where was this child supposed to be that day? What did her school think was happening?

It is not normal behaviour for a kid that age to go wandering around eating out of garbage cans when they are stark naked, no matter what the circumstances.

I would guess that the kid had behavioural and/or mental issues. The mother was probably having to cope with an impossible situation without resources or adequate support, and taking the kid's clothes was her way of managing it. People do strange things under those circumstances.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back