Identified! OK - Ottawa Co, Male, 18-35, GSW to skull, Feb'12 - Joshua Sousa

And then there is this case, which is the closest area wise, I think:

Barton's 1990 maroon Oldsmobile was discovered in a wooded area in the southeast corner of Ottawa County. Just north of the Delaware County line. Family members last saw Barton on Saturday, March 4, at their home in Vinita.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/barton_robert.html

The area where the body was found is less than five miles from the Kansas state line, so that's in play, too, missing persons-wise.

The body was discovered in a once heavily mined region of the county (one can get an idea by googling 565 Road, Ottawa County, and seeing the aerial views of the mined out areas and chat piles remaining), not far from Picher, a town which ceased to exist after a federal buyout a few years ago - lead pollution had ruined the area. Cardin, too, has been bought out and perhaps a handful of locals still remain.

Hmmm.....between 18 and 35, Caucasian or Hispanic, the body there for six months to two years. (Unless, of course, their estimates on any of these factors are wrong. Not totally unlikely.) Unpeopled region of a small, clannish county near Kansas and Missouri state lines. .22 rifle found at scene; bullet hole in skull. Suicide or hunting accident likely. (Unless, of course, it's a murder and the rifle were just dropped there to confuse matters, but - unlikely.) Tulsa the nearest urban population, 95 miles away. Nothing really matches, at least on Charley Project or NAMPN. Around here, though, a person can disappear and it could go unreported - broken families, distrust of LE, many recent immigrants.

Okay, my guess is - recent immigrant who worked for a time at one of the chicken processing plants in the region, or at the mushroom farm, a very few miles from where the body was discovered. Things didn't work out, got homesick, was assumed by those (possibly) few people who knew him to have gone back to Mexico. His absence either went unreported, or was not taken seriously by LE. Many of the recent immigrants live in Commerce, and he could have walked to the scene from there - maybe a mile.

Oh, I missed the timeline, or else it was updated later. I'll can look in the Kansas area later.

Here's the article with additional info:

MIAMI — Skeletal remains found in rural Ottawa County were sent to the state medical examiner's office, a sheriff's detective said.

The remains found Friday near Cardin could have been there for as long as two years, Ottawa County sheriff's Detective Derek Derwin said Saturday.

Authorities think the remains are from either a Caucasian or Hispanic male between the ages of 18 and 35. The skull appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound, and a .22-caliber rifle was found at the scene, Derwin said.

Cardin was once a prosperous mining community in northern Ottawa County and is within the Tar Creek Superfund site. Lead pollution prompted a federally funded buyout, which left the town abandoned.

Read more: http://newsok.com/skeletal-remains-found-in-ottawa-county-sent-to-oklahoma-medical-examiner/article/3650381#ixzz1n7fjje6y

I'm thinking the body found is probably from Kansas and either murder or suicide they ventured over the border to do the deed.

The only possible I see from OK is a Jason Feuerbach

I'm thinking the body found is probably from Kansas and either murder or suicide they ventured over the border to do the deed.

The only possible I see from OK is a Jason Feuerbach
Yes, saw Jason Feuerbach's name when delving into Charley Project's missing in Okla. Catoosa's about 80 miles from Cardin. The thing is, unless one had lived in this area before or had visited here, there's no real reason to know the area in question. It's not a natural site for a suicide for someone traveling a distance.

The one thing this particular area does have going for it, hidden-body-wise, is the mines; they are rumored to have been the body-dumps of scores of missing persons. But this skeleton was found not in a mine - though, true, most are now sealed - but in the woods.

Well, unless I've missed something in the last couple months (entirely likely, but not regarding this case I don't think), this one's stayed unsolved - no ID of the remains, no published theorizing of how they got to that spot near blighted Cardin nor why they were there, nothing to indicate murder or suicide, etc. etc.

So here's my little theory. This small area has seen an influx in immigrants, both legal and illegal, in the last many years, almost all of them hard workers working thankless jobs at the local mushroom plant or at area chicken farming or production locations.

If for some reason - and in humans, reasons for dissatisfaction with life always abound - the man whose remains were found, with a .22 rifle nearby, had fallen into despair - let's say he missed his home in Mexico; or his girlfriend there sent him a Dear John letter; or he'd lost his job here; or his green card was about to expire; or for some other reason he was to be deported; or he had quarreled with a friend or companion here; or if he felt threatened by an acquaintance or by area residents - this man decided to take his life.

It's not hard to find a .22 rifle; he may have owned it or he may have gotten it from a friend. Many Hispanics live in Commerce, and it's less than a 15 minute walk from that town to where the remains near Cardin were found. The road has no heavy traffic at all, especially at night; he wouldn't be noticed. The man takes the rifle and, unknown to others, leaves, walks to the spot, shoots himself, and dies.

If he was friendless here or almost so - who would report his absence, especially if he'd lost a job? If he had friends or lived with friends, would they report it? After all, he could have gone home to Mexico; or, more likely, those friends might not want to get involved with reporting it to area LE - who are not widely trusted by anyone, regardless of race, but particularly by those who have come to the area recently.

Alone and unnoticed the body waits to be found and finally is. If the above holds true, will anyone come forward to state to LE particular circumstances - who the man might be, why the man might have done what he did, or, perhaps, why the gun he used was not his own but was someone else's, someone still living in the area? Not likely - especially on the latter. Too many questions to be put and to have to answer.

I hope an ID is made and a solution is found and the man can have his rightful name and his remains can bear a marker with that name.

But I doubt it; in this area, I doubt it.

Still no word locally (at least that I've seen, and I've been checking). Not a surprise, really, given the state of Oklahoma's medical examiner's office (perilous at the best of times). I doubt we shall ever know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back