Baez no longer represents Casey--it's finally legal

strawberry

Reaction score
Steve Helling @stevehelling
It's official: #JoseBaez has filed a withdrawal of counsel. He no longer represents #CaseyAnthony.

bob kealing @bobkealing
#JoseBaez makes it official. No longer representing #CaseyAnthony. Motion filed today. Name crossed off the clerk's docket.

I'm opening this thread for discussion - BUT any bashing or vereing off topic and I will close it up. This is to discuss JB's removal as ICA's attorney - NOTHING ELSE.

Thanks,

Salem

Does this mean he cannot secure her any interviews or book deals? Or can he be her 'agent' instead?

It means, I think because I have not seen the paperwork, that he no longer legally represents her. So.... it is highly doubtful he would represent her in any contract deals - because that would be legal representation and he is off the record. I don't think he would still be her "agent." He's done

Salem

Does this mean he cannot secure her any interviews or book deals? Or can he be her 'agent' instead?

That's an interesting question and one AZLawyer may be able to answer. Seems to me those would be two different "categories".

We speculated about FCA removing Baez or Baez removing himself a month or so ago - I'm wondering if he was waiting for some kind of payout from one of his TMZ deals or something like that. It would make sense to me to get that completed before officially signing off.

I'm a little shocked to be honest. I would have thought he would have held on longer just to make sure he doesn't get cheated out of any interview money. But it does make me really happy because imo he was the only one who supposedly believed she was truly innocent. If CM wanted her to plea deal we all know what he really thinks. Now we can all just hope and pray she screws up again without it harming anyone or anything!

Well...lookie lookie what we have here...I guess it was a good time to take a break from working on an assignment.

Has any media outlet shown the complete copy of the Notice to Withdraw?

So What took so long for Baez to file the notice to withdraw?
If Cheney Mason's statement is true, that Baez stopped representing Casey once she was sentenced...I am am guessing that is Probation...that was over 6 months ago...

Hopefully he gets paid more than $3.00 and hour (slave wages) for his speaking engagements? IF Casey and Jose had some kind of falling out, you can bet that Casey will not allow him to profit off her or Caylee's name (books, interviews, etc...). She'll sue him in a New York minute for breaching attorney/client privilege.

Does this match up with his statement about him not representing her/his job was over after the trial?

So very interesting. I am left to wonder about the greater implications of this as well as the backstory to it. Obviously it is no longer profitable to him and he has seen that there will never be a payoff for defending her. She has probably just used him all up and has gone one to finding bigger people to use. I wonder if he will ever realize or acknowledge that she was guilty and that he allowed a child killer to get away with murder.

Hey, do we know who called it quits or why? Did he leave because he wanted to, or because he felt it was simply time to? Or did she "fire" him? I know there were rumors since the trial that they weren't getting along, or not even rumors as much as just pure speculation based on how they behaved towards each other.

Also, and PLEASE don't fry me for saying this, but I think that she was a HUGE boost to his career. Personally, if I were in his shoes I would never want to be associated with her at all, but, there are people out there requiring a defender who would see him as being very successful. JMO.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...hdraws-casey-anthony-20120221,0,4739013.story

Baez still faces a pair of Florida Bar complaints stemming from the case, one of which involves his failure to share discovery information with the prosecution as the trial loomed.

I especially like the part you bolded....:great: ...and the article talks about Mason saying Baez was off the case the day the trial ended...methinks there is a little discord in them thar defense ranks...:innocent:

Hey, do we know who called it quits or why? Did he leave because he wanted to, or because he felt it was simply time to? Or did she "fire" him? I know there were rumors since the trial that they weren't getting along, or not even rumors as much as just pure speculation based on how they behaved towards each other.

Also, and PLEASE don't fry me for saying this, but I think that she was a HUGE boost to his career. Personally, if I were in his shoes I would never want to be associated with her at all, but, there are people out there requiring a defender who would see him as being very successful. JMO.

What's to forgive? Who knew who Jose Baez was before this trial? Famous or infamous - most folks now know that name....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUHPFgwn9d0"]The Blasters - So long baby goodbye - YouTube[/ame]

Now that it is official I gotta say all of the original attorney's are now gone. CM joined later and brought LF with him. So I wonder how long before he abandons the MOTY. I can hardly wait.
I need to say this too. I really believe that JB disliked Convicted Casey Anthony as time kept marching on. I feel certain that he really didn't like her the day he told her that she was acting like a two year old but think the feeling was mutual. Don't get me wrong, I still can't stand anything JB. He was clearly in it for fame and fortune and I feel he is going to cut his losses and hope for another high profile case that only comes up once in a lifetime. I personally hope I never see him in action again.

I also need to add that when all of these current lawyers are done, will another lawyer want to touch her with a ten foot pole? I truely believe if I were a lawyer I'd be scared to death to get within a mile of her as I predict she will double cross them sooner or later and I'm surprised it hasen't happened yet.

No fry from me - I think you are absolutely correct. Additionally, I think JB may well have realized his liability in continuing to be "officially" associated with her. I think he's banking more on an entertainment-based career than a legal one anyway - and there are a barzillion "guilty" folks out there that will venerate him - until, imho, he actually represents them - so he's gonna throw commentary from the sidelines, give speeches, and "consult" and leave the actual lawyering to those who are better suited.

I was thinking that JB has been on TV since the trial ended, discussing the case and saying that he was still representing FCA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back