KY KY - Crittenden, 50 Ft From Kenton Co Line, WhtFem 13-15, UP6711, Found Nude On Menefee Road, Long, Light Brown Hair, Apr'76

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case 930UFKY
930UFKY
NamUs UP Case 6711 The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on April 17, 1976 in Grant County, Kentucky.
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior.
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction.
Cause of Death: Unknown.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-30 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" and unknown weight.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Long, light brown hair. Unknown eye color. Small breasts.
Clothing: Found near the body - a pair of shorts fastened with a safety pin.
Dentals: Available. Filling or crown present.
DNA: Not available.
Fingerprints: Not available.

Case History
The victim was found lying on the ground at Menefee Road outside of Crittenden 50 feet from the Kenton County Line. She was nude.

<MOD NOTE: Original link broken; edited to include current link as of October 8, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
Delores Jean Stanton fits nearly perfectly to this UID. I found her photo in the South Carolina Mystery Couple subforum.

2392925220045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

* Age (21) is within range - Check!
* Long light brown hair - Check!
* Height (5'2") - Check!
* DLC - April 13, 1976 - Four days before UID found (with est. date of death days prior) - Check!

The distance is considerable (about 765 miles from Gainesville). But she was a hitchhiker, so the distance may not be such a problem. Her hometown was Beaver Falls PA, so she might have been attempting to hitchhike home from Florida.

ETA: Submitted by e-mail to Michael Nance, Amy Burrows-Beckham, Emily Craig, Elizabeth Murray, and the Grant County Coroner's Office.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just spoke with Dr. Amy Burrows-Beckham and asked that she look at Delores Stanton as a possible match to this case. She asked about identifiers, and I responded that I don't know what (if any) identifiers are available on her.

She said that she would look into it, but it might turn out that they can't prove it one way or the other. The NamUs casefile indicates no DNA is available on the UID, and only 12 molars are available for a dental comparison. Unless they can come up with dentals on Delores Stanton, they might not be able to verify.

I didn't ask whether the body was available for exhumation (I should have).

I just received an e-mail from Amy Burrows-Beckham:

Hi Carl,
I looked into these cases and unfortunately no dental information or DNA or fingerprints are available for Dolores yet, so until we get some of those items, we cannot make a match or exclude her. Hopefully those items can be found and put into the system.

Thanks for your help on these cases!
Amy

I replied back to ask whether those identifiers are available for the UID, and if not, whether the body would be available for exhumation.

ETA: She replied that she is working with Michael Nance of the NCMEC to see if an exhumation can be arranged.

Tatertot found Delores Stanton's sophomore photo in the Beaver Falls 1971 yearbook, and PM'd it to me.

I decided to check again in Classmates and found that they recently added the yearbooks for all four years that she attended.

Here are her Sophomore and Junior photos:

2134575820045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
2900295160045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Thanks, Tatertot

Since the Crittenden Jane Doe is described as having "small breasts", here is a grainy photo of Delores from the waist up. Her top is a little baggy, so It's difficult to tell one way or the other, but she might fit that description.

2885111070045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

Also, it appears that she has a twin sister. There is another girl with the surname Stanton next to her in the yearbooks. They look quite similar, especially in their Junior-year photos where they have similar hairstyles. Their hairstyles are quite different in their Sophomore and Senior years, but they still look quite similar, though I'm not sure that they are similar enough to be identical twins. They could be fraternal twins, or perhaps born 10-11 months apart and ended up in the same grade. (That doesn't happen very often, but I've seen it on a few occasions).

Or maybe cousins, though they appear similar enough to be sisters.

Thanks for joining, Kyli - and Welcome to Websleuths.

I just spent a few hours yesterday trying to locate your mother, or Delores' other sister from the BFHS Class of 70. There were several women with the same name as your mother, so I couldn't be sure that I had the right person. And I couldn't find any record of her older sister in the people-search sites.

Do you know if your mother, grandmother, or any of Delores' other siblings has ever been asked to provide DNA Family Reference Samples (FRS) for the national CODIS DNA database?

Or do you know if Delores' dental records are still available?

I feel there's a pretty good chance that this unidentified woman found in Crittenden Kentucky could be Delores. But they would have to either exhume the body to get DNA, or compare the 12 molars if Delores' dental records are available. The unidentified woman's other teeth were removed after her death.

And BTW, were your mother and Delores identical twins? -- or fraternal?

My mom and Delores were fraternal twins. I'm not sure if anybody in the family ever gave DNA and I know my mom was asked for the dental records years ago when a body had been found in a suitcase. Whether or not there still available I don't know. Delores disappeared 7 years before I was born and both my mom and her older sister Kathy have a really hard time talking about Delores so I don't have as much info as I wish I did.

I'm not sure who they were talking about. I was very young when it happened. I just remember her saying they want dental records. I couldn't even tell you if she was able to provide them or not. This happened when I was young though. The woman in the link was 7 years before I was born

Carl, which family member would be the best for DNA? Is there any cost for the family to provide a sample? What privacy protections are offered to the family who submit samples to CODIS? Thanks!

Carl, which family member would be the best for DNA? Is there any cost for the family to provide a sample? What privacy protections are offered to the family who submit samples to CODIS? Thanks!

For mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) testing, any relative whose familial connection to Delores consists of a continuous chain of females can be tested. This would include Delores' mother, any of Delores' siblings (as long as they have the same mother), and any offspring of Delores' sisters (including Kyli). However, a positive mtDNA result has about a 1 in 300 chance of being a false positive.

For nuclear DNA (nucDNA) testing, it would have been ideal if her twin sister Debbie was an identical twin, but nucDNA testing can still be performed using nucDNA from two or more close relatives (e.g., father, mother, siblings, cousins, nephews, nieces, etc.) regardless of whether the familial connection consists of males or females. With nucDNA testing, the probability of a false positive is less than one in a billion .

The testing is performed free of charge to the family, and the samples are not used for any purpose other than comparison to unidentified persons (alive or dead). For example, the samples submitted for comparison to UID's cannot be used to connect the contributors (or their relatives) to a crime.

I googled my aunts name today just out of curiosity and came across this conversation. Deloras Stanton did have a twin sister. It's my mother, Deborah.

I don't know how this should be approached, but does your mom have anything to say in regard to her sister's "endowment?"
I ask as doe is said by investigators to have "small breasts," whatever that means, as no real measurements are listed. I know that a skinny 5'0" woman with B-cups would have larger "looking" breast than a 5'8" woman with B-cups.

If death occurred in "days", how did the decomposition advance so quickly? And almost all of her teeth were already missing post-mortem? Is this an error?

I thought that bit about missing teeth (postmortem) to be odd too, but maybe the victim had been beaten.

As for decomp, that can occur very quickly in a wooded humid environment where there are a lot of animals and insects

In looking at the Namus case report on this unid, the circumstances of death in the case report caught my attention. The report stated young girl found lying on the ground under circumstances of death.

This got me wondering if this unid could be under 20 years of age. Is there any possibility that this unid could be between 14 to 19 years of age?

I'm also wondering if Dr. Amy Burrows-Beckham ever mentioned any rule outs for this unid?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back