Avon & Estee Lauder Animal Testing

Buzzie, I love Estee cosmetics and I sell Avon.
I did not know this about Avon products and when I
have a chance will look into it but I'm sure MOST
companies test on animals. I am the biggest
animal lover so I would have to do research to
know the facts.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Goz

Thank you for looking into it. A lot of companies do test, but some do not, such as Revlon, Physicians Formula, Urban Decay, Tarte, and some others that I can't think of right now off the top of my head. Estee Lauder (which owns MAC) and Avon have both been free of animal testing for a long time, but apparently the problem has come because if a company wants to sell to China, they must have some of their stuff tested before China allows it to be sold there. Mary Kay is also having problems with this and is reportedly trying to work with the Chinese gov't to find a way around this.

It is hard to find MSM reports about this issue, or at least I have had trouble.

ETA: My favorite foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear and I had just started to build up a small MAC collection. I have been a customer of Avon off and on in the past and would like to continue to buy from these companies. Ugh.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eco-nom...auder-mary-kay-under-fire-for-animal-testing/

"Turns out that currently, the Chinese government requires animal testing for beauty products sold in China, and PETA reports that while Mary Kay has been trying to work with the government to come up with new testing solutions for cosmetics that don’t involve animals, Estee Lauder and Avon have gone along with the government requirements without complaint."

Article also states that PETA is developing a program to show Chinese scientists about other non-animal tests for cosmetics.

Thank you for looking into it. A lot of companies do test, but some do not, such as Revlon, Physicians Formula, Urban Decay, Tarte, and some others that I can't think of right now off the top of my head. Estee Lauder (which owns MAC) and Avon have both been free of animal testing for a long time, but apparently the problem has come because if a company wants to sell to China, they must have some of their stuff tested before China allows it to be sold there. Mary Kay is also having problems with this and is reportedly trying to work with the Chinese gov't to find a way around this.

It is hard to find MSM reports about this issue, or at least I have had trouble.

ETA: My favorite foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear and I had just started to build up a small MAC collection. I have been a customer of Avon off and on in the past and would like to continue to buy from these companies. Ugh.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/eco-nom...auder-mary-kay-under-fire-for-animal-testing/

"Turns out that currently, the Chinese government requires animal testing for beauty products sold in China, and PETA reports that while Mary Kay has been trying to work with the government to come up with new testing solutions for cosmetics that don’t involve animals, Estee Lauder and Avon have gone along with the government requirements without complaint."

Article also states that PETA is developing a program to show Chinese scientists about other non-animal tests for cosmetics.

Thanks Buzzie--- Seems I asked ?'s of the regional manager who played dumb at Avon...But off the topic a minute- Avon in my district has GONE THROUGH 5 Regional Div. Managers in 1 years time so they must be having some type of problems. That is insane. I hardly sell for them, (yet open for orders, usually self, friends, and relatives) but will not purchase if they test on animals Buzzie.

For those that know me, they know I am a bunny lover. :):) I always have had bunnies for pets/ children. I recently lost 2 bunnies and I know how delicate they are.

I took this from the article-->
"test beauty products on defenseless animals (like the bunnies above; rabbits are used for testing because they are such docile creatures)."

This really hurts me.
I will try to do some further research. I doubt I will find anything out though. I hope Avon gets their act together as the article states they didn't use animals for testing before the China thing. Let us hope.

thanks
Goz

http://avoncompany.com/corporatecit...res/animal_welfare.html?zoom_highlight=animal

"In 2011, Avon offered approximately 9,000 products in over 100 countries, and in that year less than 0.3% of these products were tested on animals under the directives of the law in a few countries. Our goal is to get that number to zero. It is important to reinforce that Avon independently substantiates the safety of its products without any animal testing."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back