FL FL - Dominique Lewis, 19, St Petersburg, 30 Nov 2007

Skully

Reaction score
Hernando County LE asking for help; they need information to help solve a 2007 Murder of a beautiful, 19 year old girl found dead in Brooksville.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...2/Help_needed_in_solving_unsolved_murder.html

Help-needed-in-solving-unDominique Lewis age 19 and a resident of St. Petersburg Florida was murdered shortly after Thanksgiving 2007. Her body was discovered on December 11, 2007 in a wooded area off Brooksville Rock Rd, in Brooksville, Hernando County Florida. Dominique was a medical student at the Ultimate Medical Academy in Clearwater Florida.

I can't find one article about this girl. I find that hard to believe that there isn't something written about this crime.

She was from St Pete and that is about an hour from Brooksville. I wonder if she was going to school and met some friends that invited her to come to Brooksville to meet up, or she met someone on line? There is nothing about how she died, if she had a purse, or how LE knew where she was from. So little to go on. She could have been abducted from her area and brought up to Hernando and killed.

I can't find one article about this girl. I find that hard to believe that there isn't something written about this crime.

She was from St Pete and that is about an hour from Brooksville. I wonder if she was going to school and met some friends that invited her to come to Brooksville to meet up, or she met someone on line? There is nothing about how she died, if she had a purse, or how LE knew where she was from. So little to go on. She could have been abducted from her area and brought up to Hernando and killed.

The following article is very old on this case, so I'm not sure if any POI has been ruled out - but this is what I could find:

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/12/Hernando/Boyfriend_a__person_o.shtml

I also found the following previously released details by the Hernando County Sheriff:

http://www.hcso.hernando.fl.us/Press/2008/021.pdf

This is for you, Bern: (from the link)

BROOKSVILLE - The lead Hernando investigator in the slayingof a 19-year-old St. Petersburg woman said Friday that detectives have identified several "people of interest" in the month since her body was found at the end of a remote two-lane road inHernando County.
One of those people is Dominique Lewis' boyfriend, Jeremy Grisby, who has been in the Pinellas County Jail since Dec. 14 on an unrelated charge of sexual battery. His bond has been set at $100,000.
"We've talked to him at length for almost 20 hours of interviews," Sgt. Bill Beetz of the Hernando County Sheriff's Office told the Times on Friday. "But he's a suspect with everybody else. We've also talked to some other people of interest in this investigation."

I cant snip more than this because of copy right laws, but the article was from 2008.

I also found the following previously released details by the Hernando County Sheriff:

[URL]http://www.hcso.hernando.fl.us/Press/2008/021.pdf
[/URL]

We can reproduce this because it is a law enforcement flyer:

Media Release

Public Information Officer, 352-797-3609
Re: Dominique Lewis- Murder Case
Date: December 11, 2008
Case#: 2007-42296

Today, December 11, 2008 marks the year anniversary of the death of Dominique Lewis. The
body of 19 year old Dominique Lewis was discovered by a CSX railroad worker in a wooded
area at the end of Brooksville Rock Road in Hernando County.
Initially her name was not known so a description of the unidentified body including details
about tattoos and jewelry was released to the public. Shortly thereafter, Detectives received
information that identified the body as being that of Dominique Lewis, born April 7, 1988, who
lived in St Petersburg, was the oldest of five siblings, and was attending a nursing school in
Clearwater. She had last talked to family members around November 22, 2007, which was
Thanksgiving time.
Hernando County Detectives working with the St. Petersburg Police Department learned that
Dominique had been living at the Bay Breeze Motel at 3900 34th Street in St. Petersburg with her
boyfriend Jeremy Grisby until November 30, 2007. After that Detectives believed that
Dominique visited friends at other hotels in the area of 34th Street in St. Petersburg.
Dominique’s car, a 1994 Ford Probe white in color was found abandoned in the parking lot of
Fat Boys Beauty Supply Store (301 34th Street North, St. Petersburg).
Through leads, Detectives learned that Dominique utilized Internet dating sites and social

networking sites such as MySpace to develop a number of relationships.

This is for you, Bern: (from the link)

I cant snip more than this because of copy right laws, but the article was from 2008.

Thank you, I finally got the link to open. The place where she was found is not a good area at all. If she was on the Internet social sites making dates, it makes the net of suspicion really wide. I know they always check out the men closest to the victim, but in this case, they have to go beyond the bf. He does have assault record, so he is probably first on the list. I wonder why no DNA was matched to him. Maybe the condition of the body and when it was found made it hard to find any transfer of evidence. I am hoping sending out the post cards will get some leads for them.

I loaded up the tags on this thread-this helps when people Google search. Hopefully we can draw some people familiar with the place, the time, the rumors when she was discovered etc...

I loaded up the tags on this thread-this helps when people Google search. Hopefully we can draw some people familiar with the place, the time, the rumors when she was discovered etc...

Big Thank you Belive09, anything would help at this point.

I didn't see a COD or how long they thought she was out there. So sad. This really feels like she hooked up with somebody and they came to Brooksville for some reason and things didn't turn out good for her.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/12/Hernando/Boyfriend_a__person_o.shtml

BROOKSVILLE - The lead Hernando investigator in the slayingof a 19-year-old St. Petersburg woman said Friday that detectives have identified several "people of interest" in the month since her body was found at the end of a remote two-lane road inHernando County.

One of those people is Dominique Lewis' boyfriend, Jeremy Grisby, who has been in the Pinellas County Jail since Dec. 14 on an unrelated charge of sexual battery. His bond has been set at $100,000.

"We've talked to him at length for almost 20 hours of interviews," Sgt. Bill Beetz of the Hernando County Sheriff's Office told the Times on Friday. "But he's a suspect with everybody else. We've also talked to some other people of interest in this investigation."

This article really lays it out and says her bf, Jeremy Grisby, was a POI. Maybe he had connections to Brooksville. Where she was found is not a place you just stumble onto. You don't just go riding around with a body in your car or truck all that way and just find this spot.

http://hernandotoday.com/he/list/news/still-unsolved-20141122/

Her body was found about 75 miles from her home in St. Petersburg and she had no known connection to the area...

Before she went missing, Dominique Lewis had moved out of her mother’s house and lived with her boyfriend, Jeremy Grisby, at the Bay Breeze Motel in St. Petersburg... On the night of Nov. 30, 2007, Lewis and Grisby argued and she left the motel around midnight. No one heard from her again.

Her car was later found outside Fat Boys Beauty Supply Store on 34th Street in St. Petersburg, over an hour away from the rural area where her body was found.

You are not forgotten. Still praying for answers and that one lead or tip that will get you justice.

Just bumping for her "found" anniversary.

Remembering you today. Praying someone will come forward and get you the justice you deserve. No one deserves to die the way you did, at age 19, and tossed away like trash. May God bring some light to this case.

July 26 2020 rbbm.
Cold Case: 19- Year-Old Dominique Lewis Murdered
''BROOKSVILLE, Fla. – Dominique Lewis, age 19, and a medical student at the Ultimate Medical Academy in Clearwater Florida, has never been served justice.

On December 11, 2007, Dominique’s body was discovered in a wooded area off Brooksville Rock Rd, in Brooksville, Hernando County Florida.''

Dominique was a resident of St. Petersburg, Fla. and there are reports from social media posts, that Dominique was using dating sites and chat lines to meet people. MySpace and QuestChat were mentioned in the posts.
cold-case-hernando.jpg

Hernando Co. Crime Stoppers is offering a CASH reward for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the unknown suspect(s) involved in this case. Anyone with any information with information regarding this case and who wants to be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-866-990-TIPS (8477), report anonymously online at clicking here or send a mobile tip using the P3 Tips Mobile application, which is a free download for iPhones and Droids.

Hernando Co. Sheriff`s Office Case # 2007-42296''

This was 2007, just before the so called Craigslist Murderer, Philip Markoff was caught in 2009. There had to be some electronic device for her to connect with people online. The iPhone was new then, so more likely it was a computer. And even more likely, a desktop computer, rather than a laptop. Libraries have free computer access so it makes me wonder if that was her main form of electronic access, or maybe the perps main form of electronic access.

Her last known location was the hotel, her school was just north of there. No reason for her to be that far north if she was working, going to school, living her life. The perp had to be familiar with the location she was found in. Not likely much traffic if late at night.

upload_2020-7-29_20-10-54.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back