1094 users online (155 members and 939 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,868

    Tandem Killers

    Starting this thread to discuss the possibility of Tandem Killers (e.g., Bianchi & Buono ( link ), Holmoka & Bernardo ( link ), Ng & Lake ( link ), etc). In the context of this thread and case, the term "tandem" could mean a team working together, or two or more working individually, using the kills to communicate (i.e., tag teaming). Please feel free to include your interpretation and definition of Tandem killers, as well as indicators that you feel support this scenario. Also, if you choose to assert something as fact, please include citations along with links.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    907
    I can't dismiss this possibility.

  3. #3
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,868
    While possible, I think tandem killers is improbable.

    Still, if it were the case, it could explain the differences in MOs, signatures, if any. That sort of thing. Esp in light of the varying phone calls.

    Within this context, the question would be, which victims to include/exclude.

    For example, if we were to include extremely old murders, a father/son scenario might make sense. Otoh, if we were to only focus upon murders that occurred in the last decade, then we could be looking at a tag team scenario, some sort of competition. Or perhaps, a copycat trying to flatter.

    That said, I will admit, none of these really seem to fit. However, I, personally, am not ready to rule out the possibility of tandem killers. Mainly due to the numbers, proximity, and different MOs. As it would make more sense than coincidental dump sites. Esp considering the vast number of potential dump sites avail in the long island area.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    While possible, I think tandem killers is improbable.

    Still, if it were the case, it could explain the differences in MOs, signatures, if any. That sort of thing. Esp in light of the varying phone calls.

    Within this context, the question would be, which victims to include/exclude.

    For example, if we were to include extremely old murders, a father/son scenario might make sense. Otoh, if we were to only focus upon murders that occurred in the last decade, then we could be looking at a tag team scenario, some sort of competition. Or perhaps, a copycat trying to flatter.

    That said, I will admit, none of these really seem to fit. However, I, personally, am not ready to rule out the possibility of tandem killers. Mainly due to the numbers, proximity, and different MOs. As it would make more sense than coincidental dump sites. Esp considering the vast number of potential dump sites avail in the long island area.
    although I'd agree, as you say, it's unlikely, maybe there is the smallest of chances that perhaps the student wanted to show he has become the master, say, like in a scenario where a pair of surgeons, where one has left the area....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,660
    The best lead so far in the case was the neighbor who saw JB and Drifter loading the u-haul in the night. There was an old post quoted on this forum about a woman who went to high school with JB and he was her high school sweetheart. She said he became obsessed with her and she got freaked out and dumped him. She also said him and his friends used to treat animals cruelly as kids. Since Shannan's fear started inside the house where JB and the Drifter where...it stands to reason the threat originated inside JB's house and therefore JB and Drifter could likely be the killers

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    L.I.,N.Y.
    Posts
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLohan6 View Post
    The best lead so far in the case was the neighbor who saw JB and Drifter loading the u-haul in the night. There was an old post quoted on this forum about a woman who went to high school with JB and he was her high school sweetheart. She said he became obsessed with her and she got freaked out and dumped him. She also said him and his friends used to treat animals cruelly as kids. Since Shannan's fear started inside the house where JB and the Drifter where...it stands to reason the threat originated inside JB's house and therefore JB and Drifter could likely be the killers
    If you could, please link to something that shows there was anybody in the house that night besides jb, mp and sg. That there was a "drifter" there also is in my opinion just another rumor.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,660
    http://nypost.com/2011/04/09/2nd-man...ing-li-hooker/

    Everyone can keep denying that there was a drifter but its right here and no matter how much misinformation is propagated on this board the facts speak for themselves!

    Nypost April 9, 2011 (note the date because its the same time police announced they had a suspect)

    A second man had been partying with missing Craigslist sex worker Shannon Gilbert the night she disappeared from a Long Island beach community where a serial killer is suspected to have buried his victims, The Post has learned.

    The man, a 48-year-old drifter with a penchant for strippers, was staying at the Oak Beach summer home owned by businessman Joseph Brewer, the john who hired Gilbert in May 2010 and was also with her that night.

    <modnsip>
    Last edited by bessie; 07-06-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: snipped to comply with copyright rule

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,660
    Joe Brewer's family owns rental properties giving him the chance to choose tenants who immigrants who wouldnt be reported missing. He could possibly kill an entire family..JD2000, boyfriend and child..if they lived alone in apartment he would basically have a free reign to murder in the apt dismember mutilate whatever and he could choose tenants who had no relatives in the US who could report them missing.

    Michael Pak was arrested on conspiracy to misuse a passport...MP could be supplying immigrants from other countries to come to the US and sell them to the drifter and JB. It sounds like from what shannan was saying MP was involved with Drifter and JB since she ran from him too I think the likely scenario was JB or Drifter bought Shannan from Pak and she was brought to Oak Beach with the explicit purpose of being murdered.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,660
    I saw a book in the store today New York's missing it has a puzzle piece on the cover, a very interesting book about some of the unsolved and unindentified remains in NY

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    Starting this thread to discuss the possibility of Tandem Killers (e.g., Bianchi & Buono ( link ), Holmoka & Bernardo ( link ), Ng & Lake ( link ), etc). In the context of this thread and case, the term "tandem" could mean a team working together, or two or more working individually, using the kills to communicate (i.e., tag teaming). Please feel free to include your interpretation and definition of Tandem killers, as well as indicators that you feel support this scenario. Also, if you choose to assert something as fact, please include citations along with links.
    What about a gang? I have considered that with the increase of gang activity on long island, we could have a gang that includes murder to get initiated into the gang.

    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...ting-1.5573217


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,604
    Quote Originally Posted by threelittlebirdies View Post
    What about a gang? I have considered that with the increase of gang activity on long island, we could have a gang that includes murder to get initiated into the gang.

    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/s...ting-1.5573217
    Never signal a driver who has no headlights on. Gang members drive around with someone who wants to become a gang member. They leave their lights off. The person that signals them will be killed by the one who wants to be a gang member. Its initiation.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,604
    People from NYC moved to LI and now they have a problem.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,196

    Hoax

    Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Never signal a driver who has no headlights on. Gang members drive around with someone who wants to become a gang member. They leave their lights off. The person that signals them will be killed by the one who wants to be a gang member. Its initiation.
    That's not really true. http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp

    Edited to add: it's always interesting to see how the "boogeyman" Other in these kinds of of these hoaxes changes form over time.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,604
    Quote Originally Posted by marble View Post
    That's not really true. http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp

    Edited to add: it's always interesting to see how the "boogeyman" Other in these kinds of of these hoaxes changes form over time.
    It is true. Just because someone put up a link that says false in RED does not mean its not
    true. Hospitals on LI have warned their employees. This comes from LE.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mostly on planet Earth
    Posts
    276

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by deedee21 View Post
    Never signal a driver who has no headlights on. Gang members drive around with someone who wants to become a gang member. They leave their lights off. The person that signals them will be killed by the one who wants to be a gang member. Its initiation.
    Actually, that’s completely bogus. That’s just a (very) long-winded urban legend that got spun out of a few select incidents that allegedly occurred decades ago. It’s pretty much been debunked as being a complete myth, so no need to be scared.



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Could be as many as SIX Killers
    By Seaslug44 in forum Long Island Serial Killer
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 11-17-2016, 04:58 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2015, 06:13 AM
  3. Koi killers net probation
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 12:00 PM