Tandem Killers

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting this thread to discuss the possibility of Tandem Killers (e.g., Bianchi & Buono ( link ), Holmoka & Bernardo ( link ), Ng & Lake ( link ), etc). In the context of this thread and case, the term "tandem" could mean a team working together, or two or more working individually, using the kills to communicate (i.e., tag teaming). Please feel free to include your interpretation and definition of Tandem killers, as well as indicators that you feel support this scenario. Also, if you choose to assert something as fact, please include citations along with links.

While possible, I think tandem killers is improbable.

Still, if it were the case, it could explain the differences in MOs, signatures, if any. That sort of thing. Esp in light of the varying phone calls.

Within this context, the question would be, which victims to include/exclude.

For example, if we were to include extremely old murders, a father/son scenario might make sense. Otoh, if we were to only focus upon murders that occurred in the last decade, then we could be looking at a tag team scenario, some sort of competition. Or perhaps, a copycat trying to flatter.

That said, I will admit, none of these really seem to fit. However, I, personally, am not ready to rule out the possibility of tandem killers. Mainly due to the numbers, proximity, and different MOs. As it would make more sense than coincidental dump sites. Esp considering the vast number of potential dump sites avail in the long island area.

While possible, I think tandem killers is improbable.

Still, if it were the case, it could explain the differences in MOs, signatures, if any. That sort of thing. Esp in light of the varying phone calls.

Within this context, the question would be, which victims to include/exclude.

For example, if we were to include extremely old murders, a father/son scenario might make sense. Otoh, if we were to only focus upon murders that occurred in the last decade, then we could be looking at a tag team scenario, some sort of competition. Or perhaps, a copycat trying to flatter.

That said, I will admit, none of these really seem to fit. However, I, personally, am not ready to rule out the possibility of tandem killers. Mainly due to the numbers, proximity, and different MOs. As it would make more sense than coincidental dump sites. Esp considering the vast number of potential dump sites avail in the long island area.

although I'd agree, as you say, it's unlikely, maybe there is the smallest of chances that perhaps the student wanted to show he has become the master, say, like in a scenario where a pair of surgeons, where one has left the area....

The best lead so far in the case was the neighbor who saw JB and Drifter loading the u-haul in the night. There was an old post quoted on this forum about a woman who went to high school with JB and he was her high school sweetheart. She said he became obsessed with her and she got freaked out and dumped him. She also said him and his friends used to treat animals cruelly as kids. Since Shannan's fear started inside the house where JB and the Drifter where...it stands to reason the threat originated inside JB's house and therefore JB and Drifter could likely be the killers

The best lead so far in the case was the neighbor who saw JB and Drifter loading the u-haul in the night. There was an old post quoted on this forum about a woman who went to high school with JB and he was her high school sweetheart. She said he became obsessed with her and she got freaked out and dumped him. She also said him and his friends used to treat animals cruelly as kids. Since Shannan's fear started inside the house where JB and the Drifter where...it stands to reason the threat originated inside JB's house and therefore JB and Drifter could likely be the killers

If you could, please link to something that shows there was anybody in the house that night besides jb, mp and sg. That there was a "drifter" there also is in my opinion just another rumor.

http://nypost.com/2011/04/09/2nd-man-partied-with-missing-li-hooker/

Everyone can keep denying that there was a drifter but its right here and no matter how much misinformation is propagated on this board the facts speak for themselves!

Nypost April 9, 2011 (note the date because its the same time police announced they had a suspect)

A second man had been partying with missing Craigslist sex worker Shannon Gilbert the night she disappeared from a Long Island beach community where a serial killer is suspected to have buried his victims, The Post has learned.

The man, a 48-year-old drifter with a penchant for strippers, was staying at the Oak Beach summer home owned by businessman Joseph Brewer, the john who hired Gilbert in May 2010 and was also with her that night.

<modnsip>

Joe Brewer's family owns rental properties giving him the chance to choose tenants who immigrants who wouldnt be reported missing. He could possibly kill an entire family..JD2000, boyfriend and child..if they lived alone in apartment he would basically have a free reign to murder in the apt dismember mutilate whatever and he could choose tenants who had no relatives in the US who could report them missing.

Michael Pak was arrested on conspiracy to misuse a passport...MP could be supplying immigrants from other countries to come to the US and sell them to the drifter and JB. It sounds like from what shannan was saying MP was involved with Drifter and JB since she ran from him too I think the likely scenario was JB or Drifter bought Shannan from Pak and she was brought to Oak Beach with the explicit purpose of being murdered.

I saw a book in the store today New York's missing it has a puzzle piece on the cover, a very interesting book about some of the unsolved and unindentified remains in NY

Starting this thread to discuss the possibility of Tandem Killers (e.g., Bianchi & Buono ( link ), Holmoka & Bernardo ( link ), Ng & Lake ( link ), etc). In the context of this thread and case, the term "tandem" could mean a team working together, or two or more working individually, using the kills to communicate (i.e., tag teaming). Please feel free to include your interpretation and definition of Tandem killers, as well as indicators that you feel support this scenario. Also, if you choose to assert something as fact, please include citations along with links.

What about a gang? I have considered that with the increase of gang activity on long island, we could have a gang that includes murder to get initiated into the gang.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/man-charged-in-central-islip-shooting-1.5573217

What about a gang? I have considered that with the increase of gang activity on long island, we could have a gang that includes murder to get initiated into the gang.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/man-charged-in-central-islip-shooting-1.5573217
Never signal a driver who has no headlights on. Gang members drive around with someone who wants to become a gang member. They leave their lights off. The person that signals them will be killed by the one who wants to be a gang member. Its initiation.

People from NYC moved to LI and now they have a problem.

Never signal a driver who has no headlights on. Gang members drive around with someone who wants to become a gang member. They leave their lights off. The person that signals them will be killed by the one who wants to be a gang member. Its initiation.

That's not really true. http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp

Edited to add: it's always interesting to see how the "boogeyman" Other in these kinds of of these hoaxes changes form over time.

That's not really true. http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp

Edited to add: it's always interesting to see how the "boogeyman" Other in these kinds of of these hoaxes changes form over time.
It is true. Just because someone put up a link that says false in RED does not mean its not
true. Hospitals on LI have warned their employees. This comes from LE.

Actually, that’s completely bogus. That’s just a (very) long-winded urban legend that got spun out of a few select incidents that allegedly occurred decades ago. It’s pretty much been debunked as being a complete myth, so no need to be scared.
:crossfingers:

Actually, that’s completely bogus. That’s just a (very) long-winded urban legend that got spun out of a few select incidents that allegedly occurred decades ago. It’s pretty much been debunked as being a complete myth, so no need to be scared.
LE on LI does not know that.

Even though it is an urban legend, it is still plausible the gangs would use that legend to in an initiation rite. I am still not taking my chances with it.lol

]
there were a few sites way back that had discussions on this topic as it might pertain to JT's death....i don't think much made it over here....

Even though it is an urban legend, it is still plausible the gangs would use that legend to in an initiation rite. I am still not taking my chances with it.lol

This is very true. Honestly, despite what I may have said previously about it being bogus, this "legend" comes to mind whenever I see someone without their headlights on a rather desolate stretch of highway. Alas, one of a few reasons why I don't normally flicker my lights at a car....lol.

Sent via Tapatalk from my mobile.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77