Resolved Bean, Emilia born 1920, found 11/15/2009

From social security death index: date of birth of 5/16/1920. Middle initial S.

Find PO Box addresses going back to 1995 in Atlanta.

From People finders... Either she or her husband (Jesse R. Bean) is listed as Ret. Sp 6, USA. Does that mean they worked for the government or were in the service maybe?
I haven't found any military records yet for either of them.

Jesse was born in approximately 1910 and would be 101 now. I also find a former address of 4078 Monticello Way.

There are two possiblities in the census: one Emilia Bean lived in Washington DC with family members in 1930 and the other is an Emilia Padilla Bean from Puerto Rico in 1920.

I will keep looking. nm

Hey NM I think I will add more tomorrow, fingers are getting tired..lol

I understand!

The military/Fed gov may be best way to find info on Emilia perhaps thru Jesse.

Also search address to see if they owned the property and work backwards, that is what I have been doing with Virginia Newton

Through property records I did find that Emilia owned 4078 Monticello Unit 4508.

This revealed her maiden name as Schmidt. I tried to find someone with her birthdate named Emilia Schmidt, no luck. The name may have been misspelled in the 1920 census. Happens all the time.

I am hopeful that the 1940 census when it is released in about two weeks will help us narrow down some information on her.

From social security death index: date of birth of 5/16/1920. Middle initial S.

Find PO Box addresses going back to 1995 in Atlanta.

From People finders... Either she or her husband (Jesse R. Bean) is listed as Ret. Sp 6, USA. Does that mean they worked for the government or were in the service maybe?
I haven't found any military records yet for either of them.

Jesse was born in approximately 1910 and would be 101 now. I also find a former address of 4078 Monticello Way.

There are two possiblities in the census: one Emilia Bean lived in Washington DC with family members in 1930 and the other is an Emilia Padilla Bean from Puerto Rico in 1920.

I will keep looking. nm

While looking for information on my Grandma's friend Millie, I came across this thread. Millie Bean or Emilia Bean was an immigrant after the 2nd world war. She and her husband both worked for the government as interpreters to the best of my recollection. I was very young when she told of the holocaust and I didn't pay as much attention as I wish I had to know exactly what she experienced, but I believe she was from Hungary possibly. Maybe Turkey. It was something like that. She wasn't german, but she had an accent. My grandmother passed away earlier this year so when I have questions about Millie now I can't just ask her which is how I came to the internet and this thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back