WA WA - Jonathan Schrattenholzer, 20, Clarkston, 20 Feb 2012

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Clarkston man missing since Monday

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/Clarkston-man-missing-since-Monday-140235433.html

Missing_Man_KLEW.jpg

NamUs Profile

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/14856

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Jonathan
Middle name
A
Last name
Schrattenholzer
Nickname/Alias
Date LKA
February 21, 2012 14:00
Date entered
05/29/2012
Age LKA
20 to years old
Age now
20 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Sex
Male
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

The Pacific Northwest in general, and that part of it in particular, seems to have an inordinately large number of missing persons. It's so vast and sparsley populated. The charleyproject states he liked hiking, but if he somehow had gotten killed while hiking, you'd think his vehicle would have been found.

Do you think that JOnathan could be UP#10545. The dates are off a bit and there is still no explanation for the vehicle not being found, the location is not spot on, but the remains found are eerily similiar to those that a miliary veteran would be wearing.

Hi Loraball and Welcome to WebSleuths!

I'd say it would be worth further exploration in the UNIDENTIFIED thread. There is a case open for UP #10545! (I have not read the detail case report!)

Wondering about Jonathan. Saw him on Charley Project, led me to here. I don't see any updates, but I do see he has a facebook page, although I am unable to access it. Hm.

Jonathan has now been missing 5 years. I can't find any news articles or updates since the first year he went missing and there wasn't much info to begin with. He's one of about 200 people I've been able to find that's missing along with a vehicle. I wonder how well the Snake River was searched.

Adventures with Purpose recently released a video of their (unfortunately unsuccessful) search for Jonathan:

12 years this week.

One of his favorite books was "The Shack," which is set in eastern Oregon. The family searched the area described in the book, his mother said, but there was no sign of her son.

A fisherman reportedly saw a vehicle matching the description of Schrattenholzer's sport utility vehicle on Snake River Road, south of Asotin, on Feb. 21, said Detective Jackie Nichols of the Asotin County Sheriff's Office. It appeared he was traveling toward the Joseph Creek area at the time.

When 20-year-old Jonathan Schrattenholzer went missing, snow blocked off rural areas where he might be. Investigators say it's likely he went out to a rural area and didn't get farther than 180 miles from Asotin due to the amount of gas last seen in his car.

AWP searched West Evans Pond, a few boat ramps north of his home on the Snake River and around Clarkston ~2022.

Seems like the Snake River needs to be searched to the south, it may be more shallow but there could be deeper pockets, there are at least two large stretches with no guard rails.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back