Just curious ... well, a bit more than curious - “victim’s rights” organizations

Knot4u2no

Verified Expert
Reaction score
Website
www.bracecharacterprofile.com
I have made my services available pro bono to multiple “victim’s rights” organizations, particularly including victims of sexual abuse and domestic violence. Sadly, to me, I have found them to be closed networks of paraprofessionals, some professionals, and some “victims” with a misguided mission. The “organizations” are networked and very much “institutionalized,” but the victims as individuals have consistently taken advantage of the pro bono service offered. I have never charged a victim for anything. I have done scores of pro bono profiles for victims, mostly females who have been stalked, battered and otherwise abused. What is it with so-called victim organizations that makes them so protective of their “turf”? I don’t understand it. It is not productive ... and to me, when it comes to the victims, the turf protection seems very exploitive. Just my opinion ... but I can assure you, it is informed ... well, it’s not terribly informed, it’s mine.

Russell

I have made my services available pro bono to multiple “victim’s rights” organizations, particularly including victims of sexual abuse and domestic violence. Sadly, to me, I have found them to be closed networks of paraprofessionals, some professionals, and some “victims” with a misguided mission. The “organizations” are networked and very much “institutionalized,” but the victims as individuals have consistently taken advantage of the pro bono service offered. I have never charged a victim for anything. I have done scores of pro bono profiles for victims, mostly females who have been stalked, battered and otherwise abused. What is it with so-called victim organizations that makes them so protective of their “turf”? I don’t understand it. It is not productive ... and to me, when it comes to the victims, the turf protection seems very exploitive. Just my opinion ... but I can assure you, it is informed ... well, it’s not terribly informed, it’s mine.

Russell

Interesting to hear your perspective.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member