FL FL - DAVID ALAN GORE - 1981-83 - Executed

So according to the above link, after 28 years on death row, this guy is finally going to meet his fate.

About time!

:behindbar:

fran

Wow 28 years on Death Row and they are just now going to carry out his execution? We have several folks on death row in Texas that have been there for 10 plus years.

Wow 28 years on Death Row and they are just now going to carry out his execution? We have several folks on death row in Texas that have been there for 10 plus years.

There is one person on Death Row here in TX that has been there since 1976! In fact, there are a total of 5 inmates who have been on Death Row since the 70s.

A lawyer for serial killer David Gore urged the Florida Supreme Court on Wednesday to stay his client's April 12 execution so the justices can seek more information on how a new U.S. Supreme Court ruling will affect the state.

The decision says federal courts must hear a convict's claim of receiving ineffective legal assistance — or none at all — for appeals alleging the inmate's trial lawyers also had been ineffective. Procedural issues cannot be used to block those appeals, the federal justices ruled in the 7-2 opinion.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Killer...e-Court-ruling/-/475880/10214456/-/jp81unz/-/

David Alan Gore: A killer with no remorse

snip....The pretty, sandy-haired Vero Beach girl who Gore and his accomplice and maternal cousin Fred Waterfield, then 30, picked up in Waterfield’s silver and black four-wheel-drive truck, was the last of several women the two killers targeted for abduction between 1981 and 1983. Dubbed “the Killing Cousins,” authorities say Gore and Waterfield were responsible for a series of murders in Indian River County and set a gruesome standard for slayings in Vero Beach.

snip...The grisly episode ended Gore’s eight-year reign as an unrelenting sex predator who admitted kidnapping, raping and killing six women in Indian River County, sometimes with Waterfield’s help.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/david-alan-gore-a-killer-with-no-remorse-2291217.html

I just read the Serial Killer Whisperer the weekend before this came out, my sister had got it out of the library and I read it while I was visiting her while she was recovering from surgery...we discussed whether getting close to people such as Gore would help anything. Well, it has certainly helped bring the spotlight to this monster, and he may finally get justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back