Friday: Severe Weather predicted - Midwest - Southeast

Peliman

Reaction score
I understand tornado's have been sighted near Nashville already, it's starting early and really expected to be strong this afternoon. Keep an eye on your radar and local weather.

There is a chance tornadoes could touch down in Kentucky, Tennessee, northern Alabama and the Ohio River Valley. A tornado may have been spotted in Athens, AL, about 10:35 a.m. ET Friday.

There could be as many as 50 to 100 tornadoes reported Friday, according to CNN's weather team.

Some of those tornadoes could be long track tornadoes, which stay on the ground longer and do more damage, according to the NWS. Most at risk for these tornadoes are southern Indiana, central Kentucky and parts of Tennessee.

Image is from Nexrad, location of this shot is Bowling Green, KY

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/17061863/severe-weather-predicted

bwg.gif

Well, North Alabama has taken another hit from tornadoes. One went through the same route as last year. No reports of major injuries yet but Buckhorn High School in New Market, Ala (Madison County) took a direct hit. My niece is a teacher there, she is OK....my daughter-in-law has three siblings at school there. She has heard from two of them. Keep us in your prayers.

Happy to report no injuries at the school. Two tornadoes pasted through our area causing lots of damage. No reports of injuries yet.

Praying for everyone in the bullseye of another round of severe weather today, in Jesus' Protective Name, amen!

Reporting in from Marion, Illinois, Sirens are wailing, taking cover, we are in direct path of one!!! Will report back if electricity is still on.

Oh no! Marion is only a few miles west of Harrisburg, where it hit the other day. Prayers going ^^^^UP^^^^^.

Sirens are going off here now in Posey Co, and I looked out the window and seen a young gal sitting on the sidewalk with a baby in a stroller a couple feet away from her as the sirens blare. some ppl!

Tornado warning sirens going off in Harrisburg, IL.

Harrisburg ILL: Take cover. Warning sirens going off. Cover now. (Per Fox)

Gosh, SO IL is getting hammered again. :(

Sirens are going off here now in Posey Co, and I looked out the window and seen a young gal sitting on the sidewalk with a baby in a stroller a couple feet away from her as the sirens blare. some ppl!

Dewey please be safe and take cover. My son and his family live in Posey County! Please keep us informed as I can't get in touch (my DIL is a teacher and is in class). Prayers for everyone there!

Sherriff's dept @ several scenes in central Posey Co, IN., 1 building confirmed destroyed

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back