Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
We have a poll to predict what the jury may decide in this case. I thought it would be interesting to have a poll for what you think?

Is Jason Young guilty? Not guilty? Undecided?

vote here (and remember the rulz)

The shoes alone are enough to convince me.

I understand why the judge added the second degree charge but IMHO if you really think he's guilty (as I do), the evidence mostly goes to pre-meditation so you have to go first degree. I guess the second degree could be used by the jury as a "compromise" decision but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

It's funny because when I first read about this case, before any of the search warrants came out, my gut said he was guilty...and I thought maybe they got into a fight and he came back there in a rage to have a fight with her and then it got out of hand...but after the search warrants came out, that went out the window.

Guilty - First Degree

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Guilty first degree- too much evidence points to him including strange happenings at hotel, the missing shirt, HPs, total lack of concern for finding the true killer, the insurance money and the fact that both MY and JY were done. These are just the things that jump out but the whole picture points to JY and I think he was alone.

Definitely guilty of murder one. I am just not so sure the jury will hold him accountable. There seems to be an epidemic of jurors not knowing the difference between "reasonable" doubt and "all" doubt these days. And IMHO there's FAR too much emphasis being placed on DNA and physical evidence with ZERO consideration given to character and circumstantial evidence. Lack of physical evidence should not mean lack of guilt. Lack of evidence IS evidence in my book. No one else but Jason Young wanted Michelle dead. This wasn't a random murder, for if it was there would have been SOME evidence (besides the staged evidence) pointing AWAY from JY. As Jeff Aston said "There's just an unacceptable level of coincidence in this case".

PS. Circumstantial evidence DOES have its place in a courtroom and should not be dismissed in the absence of physical evidence.

Guilty- 1st Degree Murder- due to the totality of the circumstantial evidence.

well, it is good to see that what we think matched what we got in terms of the verdict!

I am so thankful for the guilty verdict. May GB little CY, LF, and MF! Nothing can bring Michelle and baby R back, but at least there is justice now.

Since last Friday I have been watching the 2011 trial videos and the parts of this trial I had missed. I am just not understanding how the first jury was hung. Putting all of the pieces of the evidence together clearly shows the guilt, IMO.

I followed the case in the beginning, then got away from it. I am so glad I went back and looked at the 2011 videos and kept up with this trial.

JY had it all and blew it all. He did not deserve Michelle to begin with, and I hope he never sees little Cassidy again.

MOO

I am so thankful for the guilty verdict. May GB little CY, LF, and MF! Nothing can bring Michelle and baby R back, but at least there is justice now.

Since last Friday I have been watching the 2011 trial videos and the parts of this trial I had missed. I am just not understanding how the first jury was hung. Putting all of the pieces of the evidence together clearly shows the guilt, IMO.

I followed the case in the beginning, then got away from it. I am so glad I went back and looked at the 2011 videos and kept up with this trial.

JY had it all and blew it all. He did not deserve Michelle to begin with, and I hope he never sees little Cassidy again.

MOO

There were some things brought out at this trial that weren't on the first and other's expanded on. The pros, to be honest and I HATE to say it, blew it on their cross of the defendant during the first trial. I do NOT think they prepared for him to testify and missed a LOT. They fortunately were able to use what proved their undoing during the first trial to their favor that assisted them in getting the current verdict of guilty.

FWIW and IMHO only, I think the first hung jury was perhaps a blessing in disguise. We KNEW all the evidence here and saw the pros blow their cross, live/real time. It was heartbreaking to us as we watched it. They didn't ask things we saw here as we observed them go through the motions.

IMHO and many others, this time they dotted ALL the i's and t's and to anyone who saw it, and most importantly the jurors, they told the ENTIRE story and there was no other outcome for those 12 people, but to decide he did it. Everything fit into place when the some of the jury said something like, if he'd had the shirt, pants, shoes, worn in the video he would have turned them over to LE. He didn't so everything fit into the puzzle. All the CE pointed back to Jason. Period.

They'll try to look for jury misconduct and as I posted on the other thread, someone tried to imply that on the Cooper case as well and it was unfounded, this time they just used two anonymous posts in a public forum to make it appear their was misconduct. But I'm not buying it anymore than in the Cooper case. Somebody is playing a dangerous game and I hope they get caught and pay the price for it.

Now Jason is where he belongs. He doesn't deserve to roam among us who would never think it's ok to solve our problems by murder. Now he can think about what he did, and I'm sure he's still blaming MY for ruining his life. To add to his agony, in her little way, the child MY was bearing when he told her he wanted her to have an abortion, (or he'd resent her and the baby for the rest of his life,), was in part, the 'reason' he MAY be in prison, LWOP. "Mommy is getting a spanking for biting."................out of the mouths of babes.

JMHO
fran

The Hush Puppy Orbital shoes, the missing shirt, lied about getting the sports scores from a copy of USA Today when his computer history showed he checked scores on there, smoking a cigar when he didn't even like smoking. Also the info about Cassidy's clothing and the fact that she had been cleaned up evidently, I mean who else would clean up the baby before they left? So many things, but one of the biggest things for me was propping the door of the Hotel open at the exact same place the surveillance camera was moved twice that very night and ONLY on that night. He's GUILTY of Murder 1 and I sure hope it sticks.

The Hush Puppy Orbital shoes, the missing shirt, lied about getting the sports scores from a copy of USA Today when his computer history showed he checked scores on there, smoking a cigar when he didn't even like smoking. Also the info about Cassidy's clothing and the fact that she had been cleaned up evidently, I mean who else would clean up the baby before they left? So many things, but one of the biggest things for me was propping the door of the Hotel open at the exact same place the surveillance camera was moved twice that very night and ONLY on that night. He's GUILTY of Murder 1 and I sure hope it sticks.

Yep, it all adds up, doesn't it?

At least Cassidy can read the transcripts in the future and know that, even though her father murdered her mother, he at least cared enough about her to spare HER life. As he planned Michelle's murder, he must have visualized a future that included Cassidy. Thank heavens this murder did NOT go unsolved with Cassidy being raised by JY and MM. Something tells me MM could have pulled that off without a blink. :eek:

^^^The only mistake Michelle Money made was sleeping with Jason and she paid for it...imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie