GUILTY FL - Dalina Nicholas for trafficking young daughter, Jacksonville Beach, 2012

MsFacetious

What a Kerfuffle...
Reaction score
I have low blood pressure... and this one is sending it through the roof. I don't even KNOW where to start.

I was going to start with the headlines (which I refused to quote because they are ridiculously offensive.)
Then I read the "grandmother's" quotes defending the mother and wanted to vomit.
Then I realized that "grandmother" has custody of the victim...
(the 6 year old victim, not grandma's adult daughter who is just as much a victim as her 4 - 6 year old child!)
:sick:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Police...with-6-year-old/-/475880/9219952/-/1541f7d/-/

Detectives said they started investigating after a homeless man flagged down an officer and told him that he knew of a young girl getting sexually abused by multiple men and it had been going on for the last two years.

He then told police Nicholas "would allow different men sexual access to the victim in exchange for drugs and/or money while at her house," according to the police reports.

The man told police he "witnessed Nicholas tell the victim to take off her clothes and lay on a mattress in the living room, saw the suspect give Nicholas $20 and then perform oral sex on the victim," according to the reports.

The man said he told detectives because the girl asked him to help her "make it stop," according to the reports. :please:

-------------------------------------------

"Our primary concerns at DCF are the safety and well-being of this child," Harrell said.
"This child is now in a safe environment with relatives. :what:

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2012/03/florida_mom_dalina_nicholas_ar.php

Two men have also been charged with sexual battery in the case after police caught Nicholas on the run in Georgia.

-----------------------------------------------

Nicholas' own mother, who is now caring for the six-year-old girl,
sticks up for her own daughter, though.

------------------------------------------------

"These drug dealers kept returning and basically they took over her home," the girl's grandmother tells the Times-Union.
"She was as much a victim as her daughter was."
:thud:

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/mostpo...-selling-sex-with/xID8wrO1CkW1iZRPsY0ugg.cspx

"They're not true. They're totally not true," said Debbie Morgan.

Morgan now takes care of her grandchildren.

-----------------------------

"I was told by my granddaughter
that my daughter was beat by these people.
I was told by my granddaughter that her mother would sneak her out of the apartment bare footed at night trying to hide from these people," said Morgan.

Here CPS goes again with their reunfication ideas. If they can't give child back to the mother they give child to other relatives and claim the child is safe.

But PLEASE somebody tell me that NOW that they have these quotes from grandma that they are going to think...

"Hey wait a minute... the child is the star witness against her mother... and she is living with the biggest advocate FOR her mother.
That probably isn't very good for the case, not to mention the child."

Please tell me someone is going to see that? :please:

Completely unbelievable. How could they have placed this child with her grandmother after the things she has said? So, she now has every opportunity to brainwash the child into not testifying against her mother. Just freaking wonderful.

I have low blood pressure... and this one is sending it through the roof. I don't even KNOW where to start.

I was going to start with the headlines (which I refused to quote because they are ridiculously offensive.)
Then I read the "grandmother's" quotes defending the mother and wanted to vomit.
Then I realized that "grandmother" has custody of the victim...
(the 6 year old victim, not grandma's adult daughter who is just as much a victim as her 4 - 6 year old child!)
:sick:

I just read this on another site and thought the same thing!! How on earth is this a safe environment for these children? And how is this an environment where this poor little girl can heal, if she's being told by her grandmother that she doesn't believe her mother did anything wrong?!

So typical. CPS is blabbing on about therapy and counseling this child is going to need. Meanwhile they placed the child with grandma who openly defends her daughter. How is that therapy going to work?

there are just too many people who have failed this child and continue to fail her right this second...

Right now I am thinking of the Powell boys.
The apple might not fall far from the tree.
What is the grandma like? KWIM???
The girls should be in a very safe place........
NOT with relatives!
Sorry that is how I feel right now.
Usually I want children to be with family,
but lately 'family' could be DANGER!

CPS sounds so proud of itself that they protected this child. But they put her with grandma who defends the mother. It just boggles my mind. And it might to mess up a criminal case as well since grandma is clearly talking to the child about what went on.

I believe it is a 6 year old girl and a 1 year old boy. They didn't believe the 1 year old boy was abused.
But really... it is the 6 year old girl I am worried about.
If her mother is "just as much a victim" as she is... then what message does that send to this child.
Wow. I hope somebody is doing something... with media interviews containing quotes like these...

Ugh!!

First of all, Grandma, these drug dealers would not have taken over your daughters home if she didn't allow them to. She continued to give them access to your 6-year-old granddaughter in exchange for drugs. She prostituted your granddaughter!! Sold her for drugs!! Willingly!! Knowingly!! For two years!! Without your daughter's consent, these drug dealers would have had no access to her and they would have went on their way. No money (or child for sex) means no drugs. Your daughter chose the drugs! And why didn't she just sell herself??

Those children should NOT be with the grandmother! No way!! Your daughter is not a victim!! She is a sadistic co-conspirator of a child-for-sex scheme!

Ugh!!

First of all, Grandma, these drug dealers would not have taken over your daughters home if she didn't allow them to. She continued to give them access to your 6-year-old granddaughter in exchange for drugs. She prostituted your granddaughter!! Sold her for drugs!! Willingly!! Knowingly!! For two years!! Without your daughter's consent, these drug dealers would have had no access to her and they would have went on their way. No money (or child for sex) means no drugs. Your daughter chose the drugs! And why didn't she just sell herself??

Those children should NOT be with the grandmother! No way!! Your daughter is not a victim!! She is a sadistic co-conspirator of a child-for-sex scheme!

Great post! As sad as it is, this is it in a nutshell. I am gravely concerned about the placement of these children.

And why didn't she just sell herself??

She most surely did, but she was not a commodity to these two *advertiser censored* pedophiles.

Dear Lord imagine being pimped out by your own "mother" for a GD cap of crack.

Filly hopes that every single woman in lock up knows exactly what this is there for.

Thank you to the homeless man that tried to help. A homeless person with no relation to this little child who probably himself is an addict, and still had the sympathy and utter disgust and worry for this poor baby.

Hey, we're supposed to take up for our own, right? However all bets are off when you crackhead daughter sold her baby to grown *advertiser censored*s men for sex. No doubt granny may be mortified and in denial, but the child has relayed what happened to her for God's sake. What's grandmom so flippin guilt ridden about?

Ugh. Lemme see if I can finish this story.......

Mom gets out on bond awaiting trial/sentencing. Gma gives kids back to "just as much a victim" mom. After all, she's really a good mom.

In less than 6 months we have a new "Missing" or worse thread at WS for this little girl.

Oh, and DFCS, being so busy and all, neglected to check up on the kids to make sure they were actually with Gma.

I am sorry to be so negative but FGS, why are these babies put back in danger over and over and over again?

Rant over. I'll go back to my dark corner.

ETA Jmho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't consider the homeless man a hero. He watched the little girl being abused right in front of his eyes and did not intervene. I'm not clear on whether he knew for the entire two years that it was going on but it appears so from the reports. He did the right thing after the fact ... so now he can live with his own conscience? He's just as guilty as everyone else who witnessed/participated and should be charged accordingly IMO.

I don't consider the homeless man a hero. He watched the little girl being abused right in front of his eyes and did not intervene. I'm not clear on whether he knew for the entire two years that it was going on but it appears so from the reports. He did the right thing after the fact ... so now he can live with his own conscience? He's just as guilty as everyone else who witnessed/participated and should be charged accordingly IMO.
Yes, he's guilty of not reporting it sooner, but I do give him credit for helping the little girl escape that home life for now. At least he did something, even if not at the beginning, which is more than I can say for everyone else. If he hadn't spoken up we know at some point this child could have came up missing and worse.

MOO

ETA: Not to mention that I think homeless people have a whole set of issues of their own that many can't comprehend. It may have not been as soon as we would like, but at least he spoke up.

This is actually something that has been a HUGE topic of discussion in my house. When to intervene and when not to intervene?
We have a friend who intervened in a domestic violence situation in a store. He intervened a little too much... :what: but he stopped the situation.

I have intervened in a child abuse situation and physically stopped it, IF there was a police officer close enough to prevent any further violence.

However, if I was in a house with people like this? And I saw a child being abused... it wouldn't be so simple.
Just stopping it right that second, might not do ANY good for this child in the long term.

What if he had said something right there and the abusers had decided to silence him forever?
If they had killed him, where would this little girl be now?

3rd man arrested in Jacksonville Beach child rape case

Jacksonville Beach man charged with capital sexual battery of a 6-year-old girl.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...cksonville-beach-child-sex-case#ixzz1qOOKUHIy

Luis CdeBaca has seen a lot of disturbing things when it comes to human trafficking.

But CdeBaca, President Barack Obama’s ambassador-at-large of the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, said the Jacksonville Beach woman recently accused of selling......... her 6-year-old daughter for drugs and money was as disturbing as anything he’d ever seen.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...x-trafficking-charges-hit-close#ixzz1qOP2OBx5

A mother accused of selling her 6-year-old daughter...... in exchange for drugs has been returned to Jacksonville.

Dalina Nicholas, 39, was arrested earlier this month in Columbus, Ga.

Three men have also been arrested.........

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Mom-ch...-Jax/-/475880/9297950/-/15t9aeez/-/index.html

Nicholas' children have been placed in foster care.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...child-transferred/SJAdNs26fU65ymb1FiKiRw.cspx

I am hoping that is true... because they are also the ones that did interview the grandmother.
So they know she had custody of them... hopefully she doesn't now. :please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back