GUILTY NY - David Cook for sexually assaulting infant, Glen Falls, 2012

Wanting2Help

Reaction score
GLENS FALLS -- A Glens Falls man was charged with three felonies late Sunday for allegedly sexually assaulting and critically injuring a 7-week-old girl, police said.

David B. Cook, 33, of Smith Street, was charged with two counts of aggravated second-degree sexual abuse and a charge of second-degree assault, Glens Falls Police Sgt. Chris Eggleston said.

The girl suffered a broken right leg, injuries to her genitalia and a possible head injury, police said. She was in critical condition at Albany Medical Center late Monday.

Cook is accused of injuring the girl, for whom he was caring at his home, sometime before late Saturday. The relationship between Cook and the child was withheld to protect the victim’s identity.

Police said the child’s 21-year-old mother left her in Cook’s care for two days while she stayed at a friend’s home in Saratoga Springs, and when she returned Saturday night, she noticed the child appeared injured, officials said.

In a statement Cook allegedly gave police that was filed in Glens Falls City Court, which provides a shockingly graphic outline of how Cook claims the child was injured, he is quoted as saying he told the mother over the phone Friday night that the child was hurt, but the mother was intoxicated and “did not offer to come home.”
Snipped...

In the five-page written statement, Cook is quoted as saying the baby was injured during accidental falls twice in recent weeks.

On Friday afternoon, when he was angry because he believed the child’s mother was cheating on him, Cook drank four beers in a half-hour and told police he yanked the girl’s leg “and heard a pop” while changing a diaper.

He said injuries to the girl’s genitalia occurred as he cleaned her.

Read more: http://poststar.com/news/local/upda...65b-11e1-ac69-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1od5nRn1N

Ex-wife speaks out about suspect in Glens Falls infant assault

GLENS FALLS -- For Susan Ramirez, the final attack by David B. Cook came when he stabbed her in the abdomen with a fork, kicked her in the groin and head and vandalized her vehicle.

Ramirez had been married to Cook for five years at that point, and she and her young son had been the victims of domestic violence over and over again during that time, she said. She was afraid of what he would do to her and her son if she left him.

“It was classic battered-spouse syndrome. Each time he’d promise to change, and I’d believe him,” the Glens Falls resident recalled.

The Post-Star reviewed criminal court files and spoke with Ramirez’s lawyer, Daniel Stewart, to confirm her identity and attempt to corroborate as many of her claims as possible.

She said that, as Cook vandalized her car that day in 2006, seconds after attacking her, Ramirez ran out of their apartment on Palmer Avenue in Corinth and did not look back.

Ramirez said the allegations Cook sexually assaulted and severely injured a 7-week-old child in recent days were not surprising, considering his lengthy criminal history of violence toward women and children.

She said he shot her 4-year-old son in the face with a pellet gun years ago, for which he was not criminally charged. He also burned the boy’s face with a cigarette, held him out a window when he was 2 and threatened to kill her mother, she said.

Cook has a 22-page criminal history that spans from the late 1990s through last year in Warren, Washington and Saratoga counties. Most of the cases were misdemeanor or lesser arrests like assault, endangering the welfare of a child, aggravated harassment, harassment and resisting arrest, though he does have at least two felony criminal contempt arrests in Glens Falls since 2008.

He was convicted in many of the cases but has avoided a felony conviction and state prison time.

Read more: http://poststar.com/news/local/ex-w...7e1-11e1-aaa7-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1od7iJ5e5

BBM

WHY was he out on the streets to do this to someone else?!?

just sick. makes me ill.

BOYFRIEND violence and another mother................when will it end?
What a mix........everyday we read about abuse or death because of the mother's with violent boyfriends!!

why was this mother at a girlfriends for 2 days and left baby with him?

I can't even read this. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Accidental falls??

Injured while cleaning her???

Where I have I heard those before???

Oh yes... 2 year old Lily's stepmother "dropped" her twice and Lily hit her head more than 20 times and got raped, in those two falls.
Strange... the jury didn't buy it. :waitasec:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120606&page=6

And then there is the 13 month old baby girl who was also raped while he was "cleaning her up."
After she got skull fractures when his dog sat on her... no wait... he fell down the stairs with her. :waitasec:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121524&highlight=macomb+county

Do these guys/girls just think alike... or do they read up on each other? :banghead:

What a sick place this world is turning into!

I misread the thread header or prolly would have never come in here. I thought it said 7 YEARS old, didn't realize it says MONTHS.

So sick of this crap. These people do not deserve to live. Send them to the gas chamber, now!

I honesly can't take it some days.

It seems that almost daily now there is some new atrocious story about yet another Piece of human excrement raping an infant or toddler.

WTH is wrong with society today? How did we end up with this semmingly ever growing population of monsters who think nothing of committing these atrocities????

If LE is not elaborating on his relationship to the child, does that mean he is the father?

Wednesday March 7

Authorities said the child remained in critical but stable condition with leg and internal injuries.

Read more: http://poststar.com/news/local/inju...8af-11e1-b775-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1oh12x8Bq

If LE is not elaborating on his relationship to the child, does that mean he is the father?

Well he thought the mother was cheating on him. So he's either the "father" or the "stepfather."

http://poststar.com/news/local/upda...65b-11e1-ac69-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1ogzm5rlV

......he told the mother over the phone Friday night that the child was hurt, but the mother was intoxicated and “did not offer to come home.”

Cook talked her out of seeking medical help Saturday night, expressing a concern that he could face charges, authorities said.

The mother instead walked from Smith Street to Glens Falls Hospital with the child Sunday morning......

----------------------------

Police said the investigation was ongoing Monday, and the mother may face charges for failing to promptly seek medical care.

---------------------------------

He told police he sent a text message to the mother early Saturday indicating he wanted to kill himself for hurting the girl, according to the statement.

The mother returned home around 10 p.m. Saturday.

Cook was quoted as saying. “I said that CPS was going to be involved, and it was like rape abuse or rape assault, one of the two.”

“I am very sorry for what I did,”
he said at one point in the interview.

http://www.news10.com/story/17117167/ex-wife-of-glens-falls-man-accused-of-child-abuse-speaks-out

Ex-wife of Glens Falls man accused of child abuse speaks out

--video @ link.

Glens Falls police say the seven-week-old baby who allegedly suffered severe physical and sexual abuse at the hands of her father, David Cook, remains in critical, but stable condition.

Ramirez shows NEWS10 ABC her divorce papers, the reason for the divorce, spelled out by the court as "cruel and inhuman treatment".

Ramirez says while she is horrified by the allegations against Cook, she says she is also not surprised. "David is a lot of things, so for him to do that to a child, I'm sorry to repeat myself, but it doesn't surprise me."..

I am normally not a supporter of the death penalty, but cases like this make me re-think that stance.

This 'man' should never be out on the streets again. I usually don't condone any violence either, but I do hope his cellmates know what he's doing time for.

And 'mom' needs to face more charges than just 'failing to promptly seek medical care' .

I feel physically sick. That poor baby girl. Sending prayers her way. :prayer:

Why do we allow this?
He should of been jailed along time ago.
Now IMO, he can never be rehabilitated.
He is not human to me.
I am for the DP in cases where these inhumane people
kill, or ruin others lives.
Will this baby ever be able to concieve a baby after this?
Will she have allot of trouble the rest of her life?
It happened to a dear friend of mine and her sister when they was small.
They had so much female trouble they had to have hysterectomies before
they ever married.

I honesly can't take it some days.

It seems that almost daily now there is some new atrocious story about yet another Piece of human excrement raping an infant or toddler.

WTH is wrong with society today? How did we end up with this semmingly ever growing population of monsters who think nothing of committing these atrocities????

It seems like the next victim I find out about is always worse than the one before -if that is possible. It's all horrible.

For example, last night, I learned Brianna Lopez's story and cried - a lot. Today too. WTH is happening to society? Has it always been this way but we are more aware due to near instant news access and social media? Like tlcox said, it seems that there's a new story every day about children being victimized, abused, raped, you name it at the hands of their parents, step-parents, parental bf/gf, extended family, (insert person here).

Here's hoping for good news about this little one soon. I'm praying for her full recovery.

It seems like the next victim I find out about is always worse than the one before -if that is possible. It's all horrible.

For example, last night, I learned Brianna Lopez's story and cried - a lot. Today too. WTH is happening to society? Has it always been this way but we are more aware due to near instant news access and social media? Like tlcox said, it seems that there's a new story every day about children being victimized, abused, raped, you name it at the hands of their parents, step-parents, parental bf/gf, extended family, (insert person here).

Here's hoping for good news about this little one soon. I'm praying for her full recovery.

Yes, it's always been this way. We're just now more aware of it due to continuous 24/7 cable news networks, and the internet, and people more willing to speak the unspeakable where they used to be silent in shame.

Violent crimes have actually dipped since the 1980's. We're just more aware.

BOYFRIEND violence and another mother................when will it end?
What a mix........everyday we read about abuse or death because of the mother's with violent boyfriends!!

why was this mother at a girlfriends for 2 days and left baby with him?

As annoying as Dr Laura can be, she was right about that one thing, anyway--that the biggest risk of abuse to children is from a new man in the mother's life (in other words, not the father). Clearly that isn't the ONLY possible source of abuse, but she always hammered on the fact that, statistically, it was the case. (Plus, it is the easiest risk to avoid, in my opinion (other than not allowing them to spend the night with known pedophiles or other non-related men).)

As annoying as Dr Laura can be, she was right about that one thing, anyway--that the biggest risk of abuse to children is from a new man in the mother's life (in other words, not the father). Clearly that isn't the ONLY possible source of abuse, but she always hammered on the fact that, statistically, it was the case. (Plus, it is the easiest risk to avoid, in my opinion (other than not allowing them to spend the night with known pedophiles or other non-related men).)

Glens Falls police say the seven-week-old baby who allegedly suffered severe physical and sexual abuse at the hands of her father, David Cook, remains in critical, but stable condition.

http://www.news10.com/story/17117167/ex-wife-of-glens-falls-man-accused-of-child-abuse-speaks-out

This whole case is disturbing on so many levels but one good thing I got out of it is I've learned it's still possible for me to be shocked. Honestly, I didn't think anything could shock me anymore but reading that this psycho abuser told the mother that he hurt the baby on FRIDAY and texted her EARLY on SATURDAY that he hurt her so bad he was suicidal but the mother didn't bother coming home until Saturday NIGHTand didnt take her baby to the hospital until SUNDAY?!?!?!?! This shocks me, folks. I don't know why really, considering the other cases I read about on here. But it does.

It also makes me want to cry my eyes out. I hope this poor little girl will be ok.

What a sick place this world is turning into!

I misread the thread header or prolly would have never come in here. I thought it said 7 YEARS old, didn't realize it says MONTHS.

So sick of this crap. These people do not deserve to live. Send them to the gas chamber, now!

It says 7 WEEKS :(

Are women so hard up for a man that they don't even check into their background? Or do they just not care? To leave the most precious and vulnerable of people in the care of someone and not even check to see if they have a record? I have seen this first hand. My ex best friend's husband molested my child and she refused to believe it. She told me that if she believed it she would have to leave him and she didn't want to do that. It was more important for her to have a man in her bed then to protect a small child. I haven't spoken to her since but I worry about other children he has access to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back