Deceased/Not Found PA - Laura Thompson, 15, New Castle, 7 Jan 1993 *S. McDonough guilty*

Richard

Reaction score
LAURA THOMPSON Missing: Jan 7, 1993 NEW CASTLE, PA

LAURA THOMPSON
DOB: Apr 5, 1977
Missing: Jan 7, 1993
Age at time: 15
Age Now: 27
Sex: Female
Race: White
Hair: Red
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Weight: 140 lbs (64 kg)
Missing From: NEW CASTLE, PA, United States
Endangered Runaway

Laura has a light birthmark on the back of her neck at her hairline.

New Castle Police Department (Pennsylvania) - Missing Persons Unit - 1-724-658-4741

Click here: Poster
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...aseNum=777676&orgPrefix=NCMC&searchLang=en_US

thompson_laura_120x150.jpg

Laura Lynn Thompson

Endangered Runaway -- Missing Since: January 7, 1993

Missing From: New Castle, Pennsylvania

Height: 5'6" -- Weight: 140 lbs -- Hair Color: Red -- Eye Color: Blue

Laura has a light birthmark on the back of her neck at her hairline.

Laura was last seen in New Castle, Pennsylvania on January 7, 1993. Authorities believe she left of her own accord, although she does not have a history as a runaway.

NCMEC

Charley Project

Doe Network

Hi Fuzzy! Welcome to WS, glad you joined us and look forward to reading your posts!

Thank you so much for the link :)

The link attached itself to the word I'm in your comment so I tried to correct it and bring it back for you :)

http://www.wpxi.com/news/25177997/detail.html
Link Posted by new member Fuzzy77

Posted: 11:42 am EDT September 27, 2010
Updated: 12:32 pm EDT September 27, 2010

snipped:
Police said a woman in New Castle has turned her husband in for the slaying of a girl 17 years ago.

snip
Police said Marshall stabbed Thompson to death in 1993.

Much more at link.

Again, welcome Fuzzy! :)

I wonder if she just found out about it or if Mom has known since it happened?

Thank you! I read frequently, but have not posted prior to. Thank you for correcting that.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/25177997/detail.html

Laura Lynn Thompson ran away from home 17 years ago.
Her mother prayed and thought she was still alive making a
new life for herself.
Today mom just found out her daughter was murdered 2 days after she ran away.
The murderer's wife turned him in...........

Wow.

My prayers and thoughts go out to Laura's family. Definitely not the ending they were hoping for :( I'm glad this gives them closure though.

The wife has known since 1993? Better late than never I guess.....:rolleyes:

What a beautiful young girl! I am glad that the wife turned in the killer, but I wonder what happened that caused her to do so after waiting 17 years?

So did she run away leaving the baby with her mom? or is the baby also missing. The story is not written very well.

What a sad story. Sounds like Laura may have taken off in search of a better life and instead met up with these two evil losers.

I'm glad her family knows now, but this woman should have come forward looooooooooooooong ago. They were only engaged when he told her, but she went ahead and married him anyway and then waited 17 years to spill it. Shame on her.

I'm glad she turned them in...but she rode along while they dug up the body and she's not being charged with anything?! Sounds like she just wants all the marital assets.

I'm glad she turned them in...but she rode along while they dug up the body and she's not being charged with anything?! Sounds like she just wants all the marital assets.

A couple of the news stories mentioned she feared her husband. It sounds as though she was in an abusive relationship, though you have to wonder why she didn't leave him years ago. Maybe she feared he would kill her, too, because of what she knew.

ETA According to the news story at this link, the baby is now an 18 year old boy. The grandmother raised him until he was 12, when he was adopted by someone else. Poor kid, sounds like he hasn't had an easy life, losing his mother and having his grandmother put him up for adoption.

http://www.timesonline.com/bct_news/news_details/article/1373/2010/september/27/pa-wife-turns-in-husband-friend-in-1993-murder.html

A couple of the news stories mentioned she feared her husband. It sounds as though she was in an abusive relationship, though you have to wonder why she didn't leave him years ago. Maybe she feared he would kill her, too, because of what she knew.

I read that...and I thought about it...she could have turned him in anytime after 1993 and didn't....she would have had protection. Nothing changed from then until now that would have let him out....I think she was greedy. Im not saying there was nothing to fear about him - clearly he is a scary, evil person...but what changed?

Ehh. Moo.

I read that...and I thought about it...she could have turned him in anytime after 1993 and didn't....she would have had protection. Nothing changed from then until now that would have let him out....I think she was greedy. Im not saying there was nothing to fear about him - clearly he is a scary, evil person...but what changed?

Ehh. Moo.

True, it was a very long time that she lived with the secret. Apparently, once she decided to divorce him, she made a recording of him confessing to the murder. Maybe she caught him cheating on her and decided to seek revenge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back