GUILTY FL - Alexis Felton for child abuse, Orlando, 2012

butwhatif?

Reaction score
ORLANDO, Fla. —

A mother was caught on surveillance choking her 11-month-old child six times in a hospital room, according to an Orlando Police Department incident report.

During the sixth attempt to strangle the child, the baby loses consciousness and goes limp, according to the report.

The report also states that when nurses entered the room, Felton said, "She's having another episode."
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/police-mom-tried-strangle-11-month-old-death-hospi/nLTT3/

This poor baby!! Thankfully the nursing staff were able to save this 'lil one.
I'm curious to know why this baby was hospitalized in the first place. When confronted by police she eventually told them that she did it because she didn't want her baby to suffer anymore.

It sounds similar to other cases of MBP......

Alexis Keanna Felton, 21, is facing six counts of attempted homicide and is being held without bond at the Orange County Jail.

The baby girl was hospitalized for unknown reasons when her mother was caught on video repeatedly grabbing her by the throat, according to Orlando police records.
Felton was seen on video moving the wires that were connected to the child, who was in a crib. Felton looked around, then reached down and choked her daughter. The child can be heard choking, gasping for breath and trying to cry, the report states.

DCF has received one prior complaint involving the child, but the case was cleared, said spokeswoman Carrie Hoeppner.

The girl has been hospitalized repeatedly during her short life for reasons that were not made public.
The baby remains hospitalize (sic) and is in protective custody.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/os-baby-strangled-orlando-20120315,0,4142689.story

An emergency custody hearing has been set for Friday. It will be interesting to see if any family shows up with a request for custody.

Sounds like another case of Munchhausen by proxy to me (and I am by no means suggesting this should excuse the behavior). The child was hospitalized repeatedly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back