France - Four men & 3 children killed in Midi-Pyrenees shootings, March 2012

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/19/world/europe/france-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

4 killed in shooting at French Jewish school
From Saskya Vandoorne, CNN
updated 8:30 AM EDT, Mon March 19, 2012

Paris (CNN) -- A gunman opened fire on a Jewish school in southern France Monday, killing four people -- the third shooting of ethnic minority people in the region in the past 10 days.
The gunman pulled up in front of Ozar Hatorah school in Toulouse just before 8 a.m. and started shooting, authorities said.
The victims included a father and his two children, they said. A 3-year-old child was also among the dead, and a 17-year-old was wounded, local prosecutor Michael Valet said.
The gunman got close enough to his victims to shoot them in the head, local journalist Gil Bousquet said.....

:sigh: God bless those families. It's so sad that this happens in every country all over the world. What's wrong with us?

Someone has shot three soldiers, three children and their teacher (and father of two of the victims :( ) in separate incidents

French police are linking the shootings of four people at a Jewish school in Toulouse to the killings of three soldiers of North African descent in two separate incidents last week.

The same gun and the same stolen scooter were used in all three attacks, sources close to the investigation say.

A teacher and three children were shot dead at the Ozar Hatorah school, and a teenage boy was seriously injured.

One of the biggest manhunts in France in recent times is now under way.

Investigations are pursuing two principal lines of inquiry: an Islamist motive or the far right.

More at BBC Link

Huge manhunt under way after fatal France shootings

One of the biggest manhunts in recent French history is under way after four people were shot dead at a Jewish school in Toulouse.

President Nicolas Sarkozy, who flew to Toulouse in the wake of the attack, described it as a "national tragedy". He said a single person had carried out all three attacks and that an "anti-Semitic motive" seemed obvious.

Guards are to be posted outside all faith-based schools, as well as all Jewish and Muslim religious buildings, he said.

Mr Sarkozy has also placed south-west France on the highest level of terrorism alert.

more at link ............ http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17441244

The gunman who killed a rabbi and three children at a Jewish school in Toulouse on Monday was wearing a small video camera around his neck and may have filmed the attack, according to the French interior minister.

Claude Guéant said the attacker was wearing "a kind of filming apparatus" on his chest when he struck just before 8am and opened fire on children and adults outside the school. Asked whether the gunman recorded the scene, he said: "We can imagine that."

Guéant said on Tuesday that authorities were combing the internet to see if the killer posted a video online, but have not yet found any traces.

Source: The Guardian

Sounds like a right sick individual to have filmed it.

Right wing extremist?

Definitely a sicko. I wondered about a Muslim connection because of the French banning burkhas etc but, according to the BBC link

"He met his first victim after answering an online advertisement for a motorcycle in which the seller identified himself as a soldier, but did not give his (Arabic-sounding) name.

The two subsequent victims were in uniform, and though of North African origin, physically indistinguishable.

So it seems equally likely, if not more so, that the killer selected the targets simply because they were soldiers."

Please God let them catch whoever it is and stop them ASAP

The French magazine Le Point reports that police are investigating the possibility that three soldiers, who had been forced out of the French army because of their neo-Nazi beliefs, committed the shocking murders of Arab French soldiers and Jewish French school children. Their description matches an eyewitness report of a facial tattoo.

Source: The Jewish Press . com

The site above shows an alleged photo of the discharged men from 2008.

Reports published Monday said police searching for three men who were dismissed from army after being photographed giving Nazi salutes in connection with deadly attacks on Jewish school, Muslim troops; but police official says they were located, interrogated and cleared of all suspicion. FM Juppe: We'll catch the monster

Source: Ynetnews.com

Looks like it's not those neo-nazi ex soldiers after all.

Is this the same case as the one here [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166306"]France: Killer on the Loose - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

He was caught because he used his brother's computer to contact the soldier for the sale of a IP address was traced, and thenhe took his scooter to be re-sprayed! You would think he would have been 'tagged' by the police because of his travel to Afganistan and Pakistan combined with his ranting letters to the Minister for the Interior

He was caught because he used his brother's computer to contact the soldier for the sale of a IP address was traced, and thenhe took his scooter to be re-sprayed! You would think he would have been 'tagged' by the police because of his travel to Afganistan and Pakistan combined with his ranting letters to the Minister for the Interior

I was thinking the same thing why wasn't this guy under better observation, and if he was under obs, it doesn't sound like they did a good job of it?

As for the situation now, I'm glad they have him cornered so he doesn't commit any more crimes, I don't think he'll be making it out of there alive somehow. JMOO

I don't think he is going to walk out of that appartment, maybe it would be for the best no-one needs to here his pyscho rhetoric. Forensic science and profiling are in their infancy here they need to get better at it and quick!
We live in the countryside outside of Toulouse and imo the best part of it is the airport to get out of there.

I saw all of the explosions going into his house on CNN--- I don't think he is going to walk out of there either.

He was supposedly radicalised in prison, I'm glad he never got to put his viideo's of the killings on-line, how someone could shoot children in the head is incomprehensible to me :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back