GUILTY CA - Five Lei family members brutally murdered, San Francisco, 23 March 2012

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+lanowblog+(L.A.+Now)

March 23, 2012

Five people were found dead in a San Francisco house Friday morning in a residential area described by police as “safe” near City College.

Three victims were discovered by a family member when she arrived at the home around 7:45 a.m. Authorities said the family member immediately called police, who found two additional victims.

Sadly, crimes of this nature appear to be on the rise.

May the victims rest in peace.......
:rose:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012/03/24/Police-5-slain-very-difficult-scene/UPI-90991332569498/

Five people found slain in a San Francisco house were members of an extended family of Chinese immigrants, a woman who identified herself as a relative said.

The woman, who would give her name only as Lena, told the San Francisco Chronicle she had been trying to call relatives she feared were among the dead and had not been able to reach them.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2012...icult-scene/UPI-90991332569498/#ixzz1q4negVwI

They are saying that maybe it is related to possibly gambling debts, or tonight on the TV news they were saying that the son had been in a Chinese gang about 10 years ago and that maybe it is related to that. But, other than that, it hasn't been solved yet. Authorities are adamant so far that there is no freaky killer on the loose. Well, to restate, there probably is a freaky killer on the loose but not one that will be coming after just anyone.

They are saying that maybe it is related to possibly gambling debts, or tonight on the TV news they were saying that the son had been in a Chinese gang about 10 years ago and that maybe it is related to that. But, other than that, it hasn't been solved yet. Authorities are adamant so far that there is no freaky killer on the loose. Well, to restate, there probably is a freaky killer on the loose but not one that will be coming after just anyone.

So, it's NOT a murder/suicide? It's an entire group of people wiped out, and the person who did this is out there, and not among the dead as originally thought?

Oh. Dear.

Best-
Herding Cats

Sources: 2 detained in SF mass slaying

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Sources tell ABC7News that police detained two people Saturday night in the slaying of five people found inside an Ingleside district home Friday.

Those same sources say the individuals detained have been identified as being associated with a Vietnamese street gang, and the motive may have been gambling debts.

Full article + video: click here

Man charged with murder after 5 found dead in San Francisco
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 9:38 PM EDT, Sun March 25, 2012

A San Francisco man was arrested and charged with murder Sunday, two days after five people were found dead in a residence in that northern California city, police said.

[...]

The man accused of killing them, Binh Thai Luc, is a 35-year-old San Francisco resident with a criminal record. He was arrested and booked on five counts of murder early Sunday, according to Suhr, who added Luc "did not surrender" and "was not arrested at home."

[...]

The police chief said there was "a relationship" between the suspect and the victims, though he did not specify what that was. He added that it does not appear, "at this point in time, that it is gang-related."
Full article: click here

Man charged with murder after 5 found dead in San Francisco
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 9:38 PM EDT, Sun March 25, 2012

A San Francisco man was arrested and charged with murder Sunday, two days after five people were found dead in a residence in that northern California city, police said.

[...]

The man accused of killing them, Binh Thai Luc, is a 35-year-old San Francisco resident with a criminal record. He was arrested and booked on five counts of murder early Sunday, according to Suhr, who added Luc "did not surrender" and "was not arrested at home."

[...]

The police chief said there was "a relationship" between the suspect and the victims, though he did not specify what that was. He added that it does not appear, "at this point in time, that it is gang-related."
Full article: click here

In the video it said all 5 were killed by blunt force trauma. That would be hard to do killing 5 people, right? Disgusting. One of them was an acquaintance and not a family member!

What a shame. All those innocent victims murdered over ONE person's debt. :(

Five people murdered for what?

What a tragedy.

JMHO
fran

What a shame. All those innocent victims murdered over ONE person's debt. :(

Five people murdered for what?

What a tragedy.

JMHO
fran
I agree Fran, it is so sad. Do we know if all 5 people were killed for one person's gambling debts? The article says: " . . . there was "a relationship" between the suspect and the victims".

I am so glad they got this guy.

Obviously this was an ultra-violent message to a community of debtors who are probably having a hard time (given our economy) satisfying their gambling bookies. Too frightening!

And blunt force trauma? There were victims all over the house-- it would seem to me that there were many more than one or two perps in order to control that many in so many locations within the dwelling...

Oh, I hope this isn't a trend. :what:

KTVU is reporting that it is believed that the police are looking for a 'machete' that was used in the killings. (Perhaps in addition to some kind of blunt object?)
For some reason, police have put yellow crime scene tape on the entire side of the block that the crime occurred on.
Not sure what that means for all the neighbors in those houses.

KTVU is reporting that it is believed that the police are looking for a 'machete' that was used in the killings. (Perhaps in addition to some kind of blunt object?)
For some reason, police have put yellow crime scene tape on the entire side of the block that the crime occurred on.
Not sure what that means for all the neighbors in those houses.

I actually had thought it MAY BE a machete that was used. One report I saw said something to the effect, 'there was a sharp edged weapon' used, and I also saw where they all had 'blunt force trauma.'

It seems beyond reasonable that ONE person could have managed to kill all FIVE people without someone escaping, so I thought it may be like in the Groene case where they all died of blunt force trauma. It was later reported the perp had a gun, but didn't use it I guess, instead, physically attacked each while holding the others at bay with a gun. :(

Machete?! Horrifying.
JMHO
fran

The Groene case occurred to me as well... :(

Monday, March 26, 2012
SF slaying suspect had been ordered deported

"SAN FRANCISCO —

An immigration judge in 2006 had ordered the suspect in the recent slayings of five people in San Francisco to be removed from the country, officials said Monday.

However, he remained in the U.S. after the Vietnamese government declined to provide necessary documents.

Suspect Binh Thai Luc, 35, a Vietnamese citizen, was contacted by ICE while he was serving a prison sentence for robbery and assault with a deadly weapon in California.

Gillian Christensen, ICE's deputy press secretary, said that under U.S. law Luc could not be held for more than 180 days while the government sought his removal, so he was released.

Christensen said ICE makes every possible effort to remove all final-order aliens within a reasonable period, which the Supreme Court has determined is 180 days.

After that period, if the actual removal cannot occur within the reasonably foreseeable future, ICE must release the alien."

More...

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/sf-slaying-suspect-had-been-ordered-deported/nLdDG/

It might have had something to do with an "arranged marriage" situation. Or something to do with a 'marriage'. – Someone I talked to today, said this. Someone who knows / knew the family.

The older man, the father, had been a teacher when they lived in China. Here, he was working in a Chinatown restaurant. On his breaks at the restaurant, he would go out in the alleyway and read. He did not smoke and he did not drink. (Meant to imply that gambling debts, at least on his part, are unlikely.

We know that the daughter was a software engineer. One of other two women, either the mother or the girlfriend of the son, worked at Target. From a TV report.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back