summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=733504#.T23lEWES2Ag

by Amber Dixon
Posted: 03.22.2012 at 6:05 PM
Updated: 03.22.2012 at 7:15 PM

Austin area man goes missing on Mexican side of Falcon Dam

Carl%20Jonathan%20Wiegand.jpg

I'm familiar with the homeless unidentified man in Mexico (he also has a thread in the UID forum here). You never know but he does not resemble Carl Wiegand IMO... The man in Mexico seems to have naturally wavy or curly hair, Carl's hair seems straight. Thanks for bumping the thread though! I hadn't heard of the Wiegand case before.

Falcon Lake.
It will always remind me of the terrible Tiffany Hartley.

Hi there,
This is actually my old roommate, who I lived with about four years before he went missing. I had actually gone to great lengths a few years ago to assure people that the man in mexico referenced here was NOT Carl, just tbc.
Simultaneously, Yes, his dad posts a LOT of wild stuff on the internet. He frequently accuses local law enforcement of all kinds of stuff that is frankly, absurd, and Carl was actually in Mexico, as I was told, to TAKE CARE of his father, who had supposedly been ill or something. Then Carl never returned. I do believe his vehicle was found burnt out as well as referenced in previous posts. If you look up Carls last name and "Caldwell County" you will see the blog his dad has set up to rant on. He's claimed all kinds of things including that it was a "Saudi Coup". I've never meet the man, but he worked in oil fields/owned oil land I believe IN mexico, and in my opinion and others, his dad possibly knows more about it. I believe he also had Carl's phone shut off fairly quickly. I used to live with one of his ex's when the two were still together and Carl lived with us for that duration.
A little about him: Carl doesn't speak spanish well, and I can hardly imagine him able to get by on what little I think he did know. Carl was a vegan, he's very thin and quiet, one of those guys that can kind of "Make himself small" in a room. He barely spoke, and when he did, it was in a library voice. Carl was good with computers, and was kind of a nomad/hippy guy. He owned a digereedoo and favored very "hippy vegan quiet chill" type of vibes...but very strict hippy. He didn't do any drugs that I knew of and rarely smoked pot. I would have totally expected him to go "Into the Wild" one day, but his love of computers and inability to survive on his own would be tough to manage I think for him. He definitely wouldn't have done it in Mexico if at all, imo. Carl had literally NO temper that I could remember either, so the idea of him upsetting someone to do something to him is odd. Like, I can't see him cutting someone off in traffic, or even putting up a fight, because he was so non-abrasive and such a pacifist. He was a very nice/sensitive guy. I've always felt this had to be some sort of attack/kidnapping/likely cartel related or something to do with his dad's drama. I do know that his phone definitely pinged while talking to people saying he wanted to cross one bridge into the US, but it was closed, so he had to drive thru this strip that was a very cartel-infested highway before reaching falcon dam. He definitely had plans to meet people on the other side at the other bridge and never made it.

I think about Carl all the time, check back with his ex, because even though they'd been broken up a long time, she still considered him a close friend, as there just wasn't any reason I can imagine for anyone to beef with Carl. I was told the FBI eventually got involved but they heard nothing back. I hope they are seeing the posts from his dad. I hope they can confirm what happened to. It bugs the hell out of me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back