Blonde jokes to be banned?

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Blonde jokes are set to be banned in Hungary after blonde women staged an angry protest outside parliament.

The protestors handed in a petition claiming they were being discriminated against in every walk of life by bad taste blonde jokes.

And spokeswoman Zsuzsa Kovacs said: "Blondes face discrimination in the job market, in the workplace when they get a job, and even on the streets.

"People are banned from discriminating against Jews, or blacks, so why not grant blondes the same protection."

The petition was handed to the equal opportunities minister Kinga Goncz asking her to investigate whether jokes about blondes fall into the same category as religious discrimination.

The petition was just short of the 100,000 needed to force Parliament to debate the matter but Goncz's deputy who spoke to the crowd pledged the government would act to stop any discrimination.

Blondes - real and bleached - protested outside the ministry as the petition was handed in, waving banners with slogans like 'We're blonde, not stupid' and Love us for our minds.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1186481.html?menu=

Nah in the US they will protest the rising cost of goulash :crazy:

How do you know if a blonde has been using your computer?

Theres white out on the screen! LOL

(Im Blonde, so this is ok!)

Update!

Dark side of blonde protest Police say campaigners fighting for a ban on blonde jokes in Hungary turned violent in a protest outside a bar.

Hungary's Blonde Women's Movement marched on parliament to hand in a petition demanding MPs to outlaw blonde jokes.

Police have now revealed that they also staged a protest outside a bar called Blondy that turned to violence when staff tried to move them on.

Bar manager, Laszlo Bolyocki, said: "Our bar is a new one and we didn't want to cause any offence with the name.

"But when we tried to get rid of the protestors they turned violent, and threw cakes and eggs at the windows and urged their blonde sisters working here to go on strike."

Blonde Women's Movement founder Krisztina Timar, 29, said: "This bar was using dumb blonde jokes to promote itself.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1187657.html?menu=

Txswthrt5 said:
How do you know if a blonde has been using your computer?

Theres white out on the screen! LOL

(Im Blonde, so this is ok!)
I like your attitude Txswthrt5 !! I am blonde too-- and sometimes I think people just nit pick too much. I know people have to draw the line somewhere on what is distasteful, but really, to mount a protest over something that trivial when we have so many other big problems in the world. A blonde joke is just that-- a joke. I enjoy jokes of all kinds-- there are several catagorys I fall into-- womens jokes, PMS jokes, Irish jokes, short jokes.. the list goes on and on and I enjoy all of them.

In ending this post, I would sign off with a blonde joke, but I cant think of any new ones of the top of my empty little head-- but I have a huge book of them around here somewhere !!:p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back