fourboys

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsmissing.com
Missing Teacher's Car Found Burned Out

LAST UPDATE: 11/24/2004 6:00:15 AM
Posted By: Carly Miller

The car of a missing Alamo Heights Teacher was found Tuesday in western Guadalupe County. Police suspect foul play in her disappearance.

Diane Allison Tilly's car was found burned out near Interstate 10 and Zuehl Rd, police said.

Tilley was supposed to show up Tuesday morning at the Alamo Heights Alternative School to drop off some turkeys for a luncheon.

When she what a no-show, her friends became worried, and went to her home on the 9400 block of Bending Crest.

The school's principal called a friend, who then called Sheriff's Deputies.

Deputies now suspect foul play, based on the condition of Tilly's home.

"It's ransacked, basically. Things scattered all over the place. Furniture has been moved, and then again, of course, her car is missing too," said Sergeant Rudy Castillo.

Tilly is 58 years old, 5'4, 135 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

If you have any information, you're asked to call the Bexar County Sheriff's Department.
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=234F9307-2C07-4BE8-BC3C-8EFD02C28660

Two Questioned in Teacher's Disappearence

LAST UPDATE: 11/24/2004 12:48:37 PM
Posted By: Jim Forsyth

Two people, identified by sources as an adult man and a teenaged girl, are facing charges today in connection with the disappearance of Alamo Heights remedial school teacher Diane Allison Tilly, 1200 WOAI news reported today.

Deputies received a tip when the girl, said to be a runaway, told relatives that she was staying with the man at the Super Eight Motel on Interstate 35 north across from Splashtown, sources said.

Detectives arrived at the motel and found a small white pickup truck believed to be involved in the ransacking of Tilly's home on Bending Creek. When the man say deputies, he bolted from his truck and was arrested in a parking lot across the street.

Sheriff's Captain Briann Lunan says both are facing charges of resisting arrest and possession of stolen property. She confirmed that Tilly's property was found in their possession, including an ATM or credit card.

Late this morning, detectives were seen carrying large boxes full of clothing and personal belongings out of Room 244 of the motel. The white pickup, with an attached trailer, was towed away.

Officials stress that the pair has not been charged with committing any crimes against Tilly, and Tilly's fate is not known.

Tilly, 58, was reported missing when she failed to show up at the Robbins Academy in Alamo Heights yesterday morning. Her home was ransacked and her car was found burning in a field in Guadalupe County last night.

There is evidence that individuals have tried to use her credit card and ATM card, sources said.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=CEA83B4E-D295-4B51-B61C-1AD8547C5D1C

Oh gosh....this looks SO bad.......

Prayers for her family....

Pair arrested in disappearance

By Tommy D. Crow
Seguin Gazette

Published November 25, 2004

SAN ANTONIO — A 33-year-old itinerant lawn care worker and his 15-year-old daughter are being held in Bexar County Jail connection with the disappearance of Alamo Heights teacher Diane Tilly.

Bexar County Sheriff’s Detective Alfred Damiani alleged Wednesday afternoon during a press conference that Ronnie Joe Neal and his daughter broke into Tilly’s northeast side home in the affluent Alamo Heights area and stole several items, including the teacher’s ATM and credit cards.

The pair are charged with resisting arrest and possession of stolen property. Damiani said additional charges could follow.

He said Neal has a history of criminal activity and is wanted in several Texas counties on burglary charges. His daughter, who Damiani described as coming from a “classic dysfunctional family,” has a history of being a runaway. The detective said it appears the 15-year-old willing participated in the alleged crime spree.

Damiani said the incident was not a random crime and believes Tilly likely let Neal and his daughter into her home sometime late Monday night. The pair lived for a while in Tilly’s neighborhood where Neal may have done Tilly’s yard work.

Tilly, 58, a teacher at Robbins Academy in Alamo Heights, was last heard from around 7:30 Monday evening.

Tuesday morning she failed to show up at school and later missed a scheduled flight to Dallas.

When Tilly was a no-show at a Thanksgiving celebration, colleagues became concerned and went to her home. When they found the home locked, they called the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office.

Authorities arrived shortly after 10 a.m. and discovered Tilly’s home ransacked and and her 1998 Cadillac Fleetwood missing.

Late Tuesday, the remains of Tilly’s car turned up on the banks of a flooded Cibolo Creek in far western Guadalupe County near the Zuehl Flying Community.

Tilly’s whereabouts remain unknown. Damiani said Neal and his daughter, who is a former student at Judson High School, are being uncooperative and have not revealed any information about became of Tilly.

“We do not now what the location of Diane Tilly is right now,” he said. “We have not found a body, and we have no proof that she is dead.”

Damiani said a bullet hole was found in a couch in Tilly’s living room, but no blood was found, indicating she wasn’t likely killed in her home.

While the two suspects were being processed, deputies from Bexar and Guadalupe counties searched an area near Zuehl Road south of Interstate 10 on foot and by air for any sign of Tilly.

Officials from the Heidi Search Center also helped in the search, along with K-9 patrols from Bexar County.

Damiani told reporters that activity on Tilly’s credit cards led to the suspects’ arrest. Following credit card purchases, detectives were able to locate a couple of convenience stores where Damiani said they believe they got some good video of both of the suspects they have in custody.

“These detectives came across the truck, which was captured on video at the convenience stores,” Damiani said. “When they stopped the truck, Mr. Neal tried to run from the officers. He was taken into custody, and when the officers returned to the truck, they found in the bed of the truck several items we have subsequently identified as belonging to Ms. Tilly.”

Among the items seized from Neal’s truck were several weapons and Tilly’s laptop computer.

http://web.seguingazette.com/report.lasso?wcd=8064

Puzzling Details in Teacher's Disappearance

LAST UPDATE: 11/25/2004 6:15:24 PM
Posted By: Walker Robinson

A father and daughter arrested Wednesday after the disappearance of an Alamo Heights teacher have told San Antonio Police details that are puzzling.

Diane Tilly has been missing since early this week.

Thirty-three-year-old Ronnie Neal and his 15-year-old daughter are in custody. Ronnie Neal is charged with aggravated robbery.

News 4 WOAI obtained the arrest warrant affidavit Thursday.

Neal said he found Tilly’s 1998 Cadillac running at a car wash, according to the affidavit. Neal also told police he found Tilly’s ATM card in the ash tray of the car along with a PIN number, the affidavit said.

Neal admitted to using Tilly's card at several locations, then when he saw television coverage of Tilly's disappearance along with her car description, he decided to take the car to an isolated area and burn it, records state.

Neal refused to tell police why he took Tilly's car and told investigators he does not know where Tilly is.

Investigators are worried.

“We don't know where Diane Tilly is right now,” Det. Al Damiani with the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office said. “We have not found a body, so we don't know if she's dead.

Neal's 15-year-old daughter was with her father when police arrested him. She is also facing charges, and is accused of using Tilly's ATM card.

Neal admits knowing Tilly from working for doing yard work for her in the past, records state.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=D3239676-9A2B-49FE-B7DE-CD8D5EBDC209

Thank you, fourboys.

Prayers for Diane and all who search, for answers and soon.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

New Clues In The Search For A Missing Teacher

LAST UPDATE: 11/27/2004
Posted By: Carly Miller

New clues in the search for missing Alamo Heights teacher Diane Tilly.

Some of her belongings were found along the I-10 access road, in East Bexar County, Saturday morning.

A couple headed towards San Antonio saw something on the side of the road, and stopped to check it out.

Investigators say what they found was Diane Tilly's social security card wrapped in her bedsheets.

"Every little item we find is a step closer to finding her, to finding what happened to her," said Sergeant Dan Sanchez.

What happened to the beloved teacher is on the minds of many people, especially the investigators.

They believe the sheets were thrown out a car window and had been there for a few days. They say there was no blood on them.

The new find just a few miles from where Tilly's car was found burned.

On Saturday a police helicopter searched for Tilly's body, or any signs of evidence, while dogs scoured the area by ground.

One police officer searched through suspicious bags that turned out to be trash, all to find Diane Tilly.

"That's what it's all about. We want to find her. Hopefully she's alive, but if something worse happened, we so be it," said Sanchez.

While some have given up hope that she's still alive, everyone wants an answer.

Including Oscar Trevino who lives just steps from where the new evidence was found.

"I hope they find something, so she can be buried decently," said Trevino.

Whether it happens today, next week, or next month, officers and deputies say they will solve this mystery.

"We're trying to get to the end of the tunnel here," said Sanchez.

Tilly's sheets will be examined for any kind of DNA or other evidence.

33-year-old Ronnie Neal and his 15-year-old daughter are still being held in connection with Tilly's disappearance. So far Neal has been charged with robbery.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=5F256D97-EAC4-483E-8963-788504DB849C

A father/daughter robbery and possible murder?

The father found her car running at a car wash, found her ATM card and pin in the car, then burned the car to cover up that he had stolen the card? Not a very believeable story.

Tilly employed the father to work around her home. I'm guessing she lived alone. While I don't live alone, it's a concern to hire someone to work in the yard or to do in-home repair. Even real estate agents are nervous about showing homes to potential buyers.

It should be apparent to all that in today's world you cannot trust anyone you don't know well (even this is debateable), especially those who have less than you.

Is it the economy? Is it lack of moral values? Is it violent video games/movies? There are social services in place to help needy people. It sounds like this wasn't enough.

Teenage Suspect In Missing Teacher Case Makes Court Appearance

UPDATED:November 29, 2004

SAN ANTONIO -- The youngest suspect in the case of missing teacher Diane Tilly made her first court appearance Monday, as some of the teacher's students reacted with anger and confusion at the suspect's young age.

Tilly was a popular teacher and "didn't deserve this," said Courtney Touchette, a student at Robbins Academy, where Tilly was lead teacher. Robbins is part of the Alamo Heights Independent School District.

Prosecutors say that when the 15-year-old and her father, Ronnie Neal, 33, were taken into custody in the case last Wednesday, she had two fully loaded ammunition clips hidden in her socks and a gun under a motel room mattress.

When they were arrested, the two were in possession of some of Tilly's belongings. The pair also allegedly used Tilly's ATM card at several convenience stores, officials said.

The 15-year-old Judson High School girl is charged with delinquent conduct by reason of aggravated robbery.

Neal is charged with aggravated robbery. He has an extensive criminal record including convictions for auto theft, robbery, burglary and forgery.

Friends reported Diane Tilly missing late last Tuesday when she failed to deliver turkeys for a Thanksgiving luncheon at Robbins Academy. She is still missing. Investigators found a bullet hole in a couch cushion at Tilly's home, and found the teacher's burned-out car in Cibolo Creek.

The father and daughter's alleged role in the teacher's disappearance has left some of Tilly's students angry and baffled. Tilly was known for working hard to make sure her students graduated from the non-traditional school. Students say she would photograph new students in a cap and gown to remind them of the importance of graduation day.

"It's kind of like, when I didn't have my cup of coffee, she was my jump start," said one of Tilly's students, Joel Kainz.

The girl charged in the case, "doesn't really have anything to look forward to, considering she can be put in prison," Kainz said.

"I thought that was insane. I mean, bring your 15-year-old daughter into this?" said Courtney Touchette.

A judge ordered the teenage suspect to remain jailed Monday, citing the seriousness of the charges, her history of running away and a lack of adult supervision.

The girl lived with her grandmother in a house less than a mile from Tilly's home

http://www.ksat.com/news/3956791/detail.html

I hate registering at news sites, but I did for this one. This is just awful. I really hoped that 15-year-old child was not involved in the murder but it sounds like she was. Prayers for Ms. Tilly's family, friends and students at this time. Horrible and senseless!!

SAN ANTONIO -- The trial of a man charged with the capital murder of an Alamo Heights teacher is expected to begin Tuesday.

Ronnie Neal is accused of sexually assaulting and fatally shooting Diane Tilly, 58, in November 2004.

Tilly's body was found in east Bexar County.

Neal's teenage daughter, who led authorities to the body and is charged in connection with the case, is expected to testify against the defendant in exchange for a reduced charge.

http://www.ksat.com/news/7289454/detail.html
:furious: I hope he gets what he deserves.

This story is just sickening. Father and daughter commit this horrible crime together :furious: The daughter is right there while the father rapes this poor lady and then they steal her belongings and murder her...dump her and set her car on fire.

Why is it that the people who have so much to give to this ugly world end up dead and the real losers/manics just keep on living? I think of this teacher and the affect that she had on her students...how much she gave of herself and it is just a shame. It is really sad.

I hope both of these people get what they deserve. Looks like the apple didn't fall far from the tree in that family.

Neal raised the gun and fired six rapid shots. One of the first few bullets struck Tilly and she cried out.

"It hurts," she said. "It burns."

And then she prayed. Her voice carried through the dank air.

"Bless this child."

The words seared into Pearl. How could she possibly be praying for me now? She heard Tilly's labored breaths.

http://tinyurl.com/mqa7g

Long read...horrifying.

It is sad that Pearl had such a messed up life but I just can't muster up any sympathy for her when it comes to this murder. She didn't hesitate to go along with her so called father and even participated in the whole thing. It didn't even faze her knowing that Diane Tilly was going to die when they went to her house. The only thing that bothered her was the fact that her dad had sex with Diane. I hope this girl is locked up for a long time because she is so easily led and if she gets out of prison who knows who she would take up with that could lead her around just like her dad did. She is a scary girl.

I hope the dad gets the death penalty. He is one sick son of a gun. With as many convictions as that guy had I don't know why he wasn't locked up and the key thrown away. How many chances does one person deserve for pity sake. There is a word for offenders that just never stop and they do finally just lock them up for good. He should also be charged with having sex with his daughter or daughters. I hope he rots in hell but even that is to good for him.

Can someone please keep us posted on this trial? I would really like to know what happens. Thanks

...In exchange for testifying against her father and helping prosecutors send him to death row, Pearl received a 30-year sentence for murder in April.

She could be eligible for parole in three years, but the length of her imprisonment will hinge not only on how well she follows rules...In July, she gave birth to her father's son and named him Omarion Darnell Cruz...
http://tinyurl.com/zox25

From the trial coverage
...After two weeks of testimony that featured brutal details from Cruz about how Neal raped, robbed and shot the teacher in November 2004, jurors swiftly returned a guilty verdict.

But the trial hit an abrupt delay after Neal made a last-minute claim that he has mental retardation...
http://tinyurl.com/ejzs2

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc
Publication Date : May 10, 2006 ...Ronnie Joe Neal sits on death row, defiant and remorseless, his days apparently numbered...He's suicidal. He has AIDS.
He refuses to admit to killing schoolteacher Diane Tilly. He denies DNA evidence that shows he raped her. And he wants Bexar County to pay him $35 million for alleged violations of his civil rights in jail...

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc

http://tinyurl.com/zox

If he has AIDS, does his daughter or grandson? This poor child new nothing but evil her whole life. I want to hug her. How sad.

I agree Partyuuv5, She may have known what she was doing was wrong, but when your told thats the right thing (to do wrong) your whole life...the poor kid, having her fathers baby, now they may both very well have aids, and thats probably just the tip of the iceburg in this kids life. :(

I wonder if it's ever been proven through DNA that he actually is her father. Does anyone know what happened to her baby? What a horrible disturbing story. Also, what ever happened to her older sister who also was abused by her father?

Old Broad

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galluvstrucrime