ID ID/CA - Joseph Edward Duncan III *Died Mar 2021*

I'm in shock about this. There's a possibility he could be re tried for the murder of Dylan?

If that happens, it just can't happen.

If I heard the 6 o'clock news right ....
Now that he went back to court, he decided to appeal his death sentence!?!?!
:mad:

Ugh. It's way past time for this beast to be killed!
:banghead:

Jazzy likes attention. He must not feel he is getting enough on Death Row.

He made his deals. I think when he agreed to plead guilty that he thought someone would think that makes him worthwhile. But it didn't. Now he wants attention, and he has had time to think about his decisions. And besides that it is in his nature to rebel from society. To me saying I didn't mean to plead guilty means about as much as saying yeah I kidnapped that kid and killed him and I am sorry. Sorry is just too late. And the same goes with saying I didn't mean to plead guilty. Too late.

If they would just inject him we wouldn't have him filing all these appeals.

It seems Joseph Duncan is now on board for his appeals. He submitted a hand written letter explaining he now thinks he can't force his beliefs on others and because of the the love of his mother he must appeal. He goes on and on about how his mother loves him, and he should live for her sake. He even brings up his deceased brother that he says recently died -- his poor brother died years ago. He makes a passing comment about causing harm to others and then dives right back into the pain his mother has suffered and how devoted she is to him. His appeal hearing was set for January 12, 2011 and this slimy letter to consider his endorsement of the appeals is dated December 8, 2010. With Duncan it is always about control.

I'd forgotten all about the above post, which was posted back on 12-15-10.

Now, it's all coming back to me ..... unfortunately. :sick:
Damn! Here we go again!

My heart goes out to Steve and Shasta, and family. I'll be keeping them in my thoughts and prayers. I just hate that they have to keep having this evil demon resurface in their lives!

Found a couple more articles.

Duncan changes mind, says he now wants to appeal his death sentence
May 18, 2012 3:14 p.m. • 1 comment

Notorious multiple murderer Joseph Duncan was back in a Boise courtroom this morning, as lawyers and a federal judge wrangled over setting a date for a new hearing into whether Duncan was mentally competent when he waived appeals of his triple death sentence for torturing and murdering a 9-year-old North Idaho boy.

More at link:
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/bois...-says-he-now-wants-appeal-his-death-sentence/

Duncan alters course on sentence appeal
Citing concern for his mother, murderer wrote to ask judge for defense attorneys

May 19, 2012 in Idaho

“It would be utterly cruel, and indeed, inhuman, for me not to consider my mother’s love when deciding what to do in regard to my own life,” Duncan advised U.S. District Judge Edward Lodge. “So I hereby inform you, and any others concerned, that I withdraw my waiver of appeal and consent fully to all efforts and advice given by my attorneys to appeal.

“I love my mother, and if I could only regret one thing, it would be how I have hurt her. I am the biggest fool that I know.”

More at link:
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2012/may/19/duncan-alters-course-on-sentence-appeal/

What a total waste of time and taxpayer's money! :moo:
(Notice he didn't regret killing four people (make that 5 counting Anthony) and kidnapping Shasta and making her witness such horror!)

I really don't understand what there is to review.

v004.jpg

Typical Duncan up to his old tricks. My question is if the review upholds that he was competent to defend himself at the sentencing phase and the death penalty stands, does that end his appeals and we can get on with his execution?

Strange how he seems to think. He hasn't seemed sorry for torturing kids. But I guess that didn't hurt his Mom. He doesn't seem remorseful for killing a family. But maybe Mom ddn't care about that. He is no longer even showing an appearance of remorse for the abduction of two children and for torturing them and killing one. Or for the damage he caused the survivor. Maybe Mom wasn't concerned about that either. But now for not fighting the death penalty, a penalty he was legally and justly given IMO, now that he has dcided to fight on his mother's behalf? Maybe he needs to think about giving his mother some closure, by continuing with the death penalty without appeal. Then Mom can begin mourning for him and finally put him behind her.

Strange how he seems to think. He hasn't seemed sorry for torturing kids. But I guess that didn't hurt his Mom. He doesn't seem remorseful for killing a family. But maybe Mom ddn't care about that. He is no longer even showing an appearance of remorse for the abduction of two children and for torturing them and killing one. Or for the damage he caused the survivor. Maybe Mom wasn't concerned about that either. But now for not fighting the death penalty, a penalty he was legally and justly given IMO, now that he has dcided to fight on his mother's behalf? Maybe he needs to think about giving his mother some closure, by continuing with the death penalty without appeal. Then Mom can begin mourning for him and finally put him behind her.

This is just another of Duncan's attempts to look human. His brother has been dead for nearly five years even before his trial in Boise when he wasn't the least bit concerned about his mother's needs. He is hiding behind his mother like he hid/hides behind Shasta. Duncan just enjoys jerking us all around. He is a master maniplulator and, incredibly, he still has friends that will help him out. As long as he lives, he will be whining he is the victim and accusing and abusing everyone else.

Wasn't sure where to put this, as I don't think we have a general thread just for the Groene case anymore. But I thought it needed to be posted.

We thought it could never happen here

Seven years ago today one of the most brutal crimes ever to take place in our community claimed the lives of Brenda Groene, her middle-school aged son Slade and her fiance Mark McKenzie. Brenda's two youngest children, Dylan, 9 and Shasta, 7 had been kidnapped by the murderer.

More: www.cdapress.com/columns/kerri_thoreson/article_f926a8fa-bcd5-502b-a14a-e19fc536d2f4.html

Judge: Duncan can be examined by government expert

A federal judge says prosecutors can have their own psychiatrist interview a convicted child killer as they fight to prove he was competent when he waived his right to appeal his death sentence.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/10/4806297/judge-duncan-can-be-examined-by.html

Joseph Edward Duncan can be examined by government expert, judge says

[snip]

He gave up his appeals in the Idaho case, but his former attorneys appealed on his behalf, and an appellate court said Lodge must determine whether Duncan was mentally competent back in 2008 when he waived his rights.

More: http://www.mydesert.com/viewart/201...ert-can-examine-child-killer?odyssey=nav|head

Supreme Court rejects petition from mass murderer Duncan

The U.S. Supreme Court won't consider whether a man convicted of kidnapping, torturing and murdering some members of a northern Idaho family was competent when he waived his appeal.

The high court rejected the petition from Joseph Edward Duncan III's attorneys on Monday. Now a federal judge in Idaho must hold a hearing to determine if Duncan was competent when he waived his appeal in a 2008 death penalty case.

More: http://www.ravallirepublic.com/news...cle_eb81f852-edaf-5ad8-beea-abbf05bd5381.html

Shasta Groene hosts fundraiser for animal shelters

Shasta Groene, the sole survivor of one of North Idaho’s most high-profile murder cases, hosted a fundraiser for local animal shelters in Post Falls.

Groene is now 15 years old. She said she wanted to use the attention she gets to do some good.

http://www.krem.com/news/Shasta-Groene-hosts--172025401.html

VIDEO WITH SHASTA AT LINK.

This animal just flat out needs to be put down.
If their was ever a personification of pure, banal,narcistic evil it is 'Jazzy Jett' Duncan.
And your absolutely right this is just more attention seeking manipulation on his part.
He really expected that his 'Redemption'....his totaly 'selfless' act of denying himself the pleasure of torturing Shasta Groene to death was going to leave not a dry eye in the house.
Dont think he quite got the reaction he wanted.
I just wish they could strap his doctor buddy from North Dakota who financially sponsered his road trip west down on the same gurney when its time so they could spoon together one last time before giving them both the hot shot.
Not very Christian of me I know.

Shasta has grown to look like her mother. Does my heart good to see her so well (and Steve, too). :heartbeat:

This animal just flat out needs to be put down.
If their was ever a personification of pure, banal,narcistic evil it is 'Jazzy Jett' Duncan.
And your absolutely right this is just more attention seeking manipulation on his part.
He really expected that his 'Redemption'....his totaly 'selfless' act of denying himself the pleasure of torturing Shasta Groene to death was going to leave not a dry eye in the house.
Dont think he quite got the reaction he wanted.
I just wish they could strap his doctor buddy from North Dakota who financially sponsered his road trip west down on the same gurney when its time so they could spoon together one last time before giving them both the hot shot.
Not very Christian of me I know.

I will always think Duncan let Shasta live so he could play the hero as portraying himself as her savior. He could be the ultimate monster with his brutal murder of Dylan and then be redeemed by "saving" Shasta. In the California transcripts of his mental evaluation, it reported he has had many epiphanies in his past. He is just evil and he will be evil on the day he dies -- no matter what the cause of his demise may be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back