NC - Tommy Brown & Thalia Mook, both 35, shot to death, Rockfish, 24 March 2012

Yoda

Master
Reaction score
Fayetville NC.
Tommy brown went across the street to his neighbors to ask him to stop shooting his gun while the kids were out playing basketball. A few minutes later John Hill crosses the street and shoots Tommy in the back, the boys run to get their mother who comes out the door and is shot twice by Hill. 911 calls record the son begging his mom to stay with him then asking if she is going to die. She says "I am.". It is heartbreaking.

Hill has a history of mental illness. What is even more tragic is that the neighbors were all aware, made sure that he was taken care of and that the kids did not go over and bother him.

http://m.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/03/28/1167144?sac=fo.local

This has me in tears. That poor child.

Very sad, indeed. It is less than 10 miles from where I live. This is a very rural area. There is a lot of poverty and not a lot of help for those in need.

I hope the boys have family that can help them through this.

Very sad, indeed. It is less than 10 miles from where I live. This is a very rural area. There is a lot of poverty and not a lot of help for those in need.

u must be my neighbor!!!:seeya:

He is mentally ill, on disability for being mentally ill, yet he had TEN guns??

http://m.fayobserver.com/articles?path=/articles/2012/03/29/1167257

When I was diagnosed with postpartum psychosis I had to sign a form that basically said I was notified that the state of Illinois would be notified of my admission for mental health treatment. I would not be allowed to purchase a firearm nor apply for a firearms license for five years from my initial admission.

IMO These weapons he stockpiled had to be obtained illegally. He had far too much history for me to believe otherwise. Now the family is asking how JH Jr. was allowed to have these weapons? Where is their responsibility? Mentally ill people need the support and watchful eyes of their family. He shouldn't have had those weapons in the first place. Someone has some questions to answer.

ETA: If you're not allowed to drive because of your mental illness, it goes without saying you shouldn't have guns at your disposal either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back