GUILTY WV - Joey King, 61, firefighter, dies battling Alum Creek arson blaze, 4 Dec 2011

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A grand jury has indicted an Alum Creek man on murder charges Friday for allegedly igniting a fire that inadvertently caused a local volunteer firefighter to slip from a bridge and fall to his death.
http://wvgazette.com/News/201204020173

Arson ticks me off. Because even if no one was murdered in the fire, it endangers the firefighters. And in this case, the firefighter was a volunteer. A man who was offering his time and his physical skills to protect his community. And recieving no pay for it.

Kind of ironic though. One person, destructive to the community is living to go to court. The man who offered his time in service to the community got buried.

Wow. My dad is a retired firefighter and my BIL is a fire Ltd. I hate stories like this.
In the UK where my husband is from, kids routinely set fires, wait for firefighters, and attack them. The firefighters are prohibited from fighting back. My husband worked for the Manchester Fire Service and ran an outreach program which was aimed at helping at risk kids in an effort to try and stop the attacks.
Prayers to that poor man's family, how senseless.

From June 2013:

http://wvmetronews.com/2013/06/24/arsonist-sentence-suspended/

A Kanawha County man convicted in the death of a Davis Creek volunteer firefighter is getting out of prison early.

Kanawha County Circuit Judge Tod Kaufman agreed to give 39-year-old Charles Darren Roberts of Alum Creek a chance to clean up his life during a sentence reduction hearing on Monday. Roberts pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter, third-degree arson and fourth-degree arson in 2012...

Kaufman ruled Robert’s time would be better served in the Union Mission Drug Rehab Program, which lasts 12 months, rather than spending that time behind bars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back