Journalist Mike Wallace dies

Wow! I would never have guessed how old he was!

RIP Mr. Wallace. The demons are gone and you now know all the answers to those persistent questions.

If you read the linked article, there is coverage about his struggle with depression and an attempted suicide. He talked about his "demons" pretty openly.

He also described himself as nosy and wanting to know the answers. Since I share that character trait :innocent: , I can imagine part of the sweetness of Heaven will be finally knowing the answers to all the great mysteries.

If you read the linked article, there is coverage about his struggle with depression and an attempted suicide. He talked about his "demons" pretty openly.

He also described himself as nosy and wanting to know the answers. Since I share that character trait :innocent: , I can imagine part of the sweetness of Heaven will be finally knowing the answers to all the great mysteries.

BBM

I hope so. I'd love to know what happened to Kennedy, Jonbenet, Caylee, Nicole Simpson and a lot of others.

Mike Wallace was among the most notable graduates of the University of Michigan (1939). He did the Wolverines proud. Rest in peace, Mr. Wallace.

Didn't realize the dude was so old. At least he lived a good, long life & hopefully a pain free & peaceful passing.

Loss of an awesome and much respected reporter :(
RIP Mike Wallace

Thanks, no, I didn't read it.

It sounded like a weird or even judgmental thing to say. :) I see now.

Rest In Peace, Mike. :rose:

...The longtime newsman has many ties to Michigan and came from Brookline, Mass. to attend the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. During his time at U of M, Wallace was a member of the Zeta Beta Tau fraternity. He also reported for the student-run newspaper The Michigan Daily and did radio work as well, graduating in 1939. Wallace continued to befriend the university, lending support to the Knight-Wallace Fellowship program that gives mid-career journalists opportunities to explore subjects of interest to them. He also donated the Wallace House to the program as a homelike gathering place for participants...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...acy/-/1719418/10363368/-/ye9edaz/-/index.html

I really respected Mr. Wallace. I had no idea he was 93! He had a long life and pray much of it was a good one for him. As for me I think it was good and well respected!!..May he rest in peace..

Colleagues Mourn Death of 60 Minutes Legend Mike Wallace
Airdate : 4/9/2012

Mike Wallace is being mourned across America. His 60 Minutes colleague Lesley Stahl can't believe he's gone.

"It still is a shocker. Mike Wallace...he was going to live forever," Stahl told INSIDE EDITION's Les Trent.

On The View, a saddened Barbara Walters had this to say about the legendary newsman:

"There was no journalist like Mike, and I don't think there will be. His questions were so tough"...

http://www.insideedition.com/news/7981/colleagues-mourn-death-of-60-minutes-legend-mike-wallace.aspx

I had/have much respect for Mike.
I am sorry to see him go.
He is an icon.

I am also proud he shared his suffering of depression with
others so many sought help.

Bless his family and his son Chris

Rest in peace Mike
you gave us so many years.

Goz

BBM

I hope so. I'd love to know what happened to Kennedy, Jonbenet, Caylee, Nicole Simpson and a lot of others.

Caylee & Nicole's deaths aren't really a mystery are they?:waitasec:

rest peacefully Mr. Mike Wallace

you 'outlived' your demons

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member