1132 users online (344 members and 788 guests)  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    About the dog: Lucky is described as an overweight, 100lb Akita mix. Overweight or not, the Akita was bred for hunting large mammals, including bear and boar, and as a personal protection dog.

Since Lucky is described as devoted to his owner, it's a fair bet that anyone attacking Patrick would have had Lucky to deal with first.

1. Lucky was shot and killed while defending Patrick - so why has the dog's body not been found during the searches of the area even if Patrick was taken away and disposed of elsewhere? There seem to have been no reports of blood being found at the scene, which you would expect if either Lucky was shot or he attacked Patrick's attacker.

2. Lucky was shot and injured while defending Patrick, but was not sufficiently badly injured to kill him immediately or quickly - this might explain the passing trucker's report that he saw a dog matching Lucky's description 3 days later just north of exit 205. But why was Lucky not found during searches of the area after Patrick's car was found?

3. Lucky was not shot at all, which suggests that for some reason he did not, or was not able to, defend Patrick from attack, and if not why not?

I can't help thinking that the most likely scenario is that Patrick wandered away from his car and had a sudden health emergency, and that Lucky, unable to revive him, returned to the area of the interstate in an attempt to attract attention. But this would mean that Patrick was somewhere outside of the search area and doesn't really explain what happened to Lucky in the end. If Lucky was nearby and trying to attract attention, he would surely have gravitated to the activity at the ramp while the search was going on.

I dunno, this doesn't really add up.
    Great and Valid Questions...I have thought about Lucky also and asked other questions in the
    Patrick Carnes thread https://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...patrick+carnes

I don't understand how Luckys body was never found either.. Anybody who would of confronted Lucky would of been afraid of him he was big! I had a black Lab/german she mix only 7 pounds and people were afraid of her and she was friendly.. Like you said if he was shot there would of been blood by the car..and the body... if Patrick wandered away he would of faithfully stayed with his body.. until he tried to get attention by coming out into the road..But then why was Lucky never found if he was seen in the area? I think the Lucky scenario puzzles me even more.. Because supposedly he was seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MelmothTheLost View Post
    This one?

http://startransportllc.com/

Their website says they haul fuel, which doesn't match the standard trailer in the clip.

Nor do they operate as far west as NV.
    looks like they also have the Star Logo on the sides of the truck which the truck in question does not have any logos on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    I came across this video that someone took of a truck backing up into parking and what caught my eye is how somewhat similar it looked to the truck in the dash cam photo.. I just thought I would post it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_H0dWQbjr0
    IMG_8407.jpg cache[1].jpg this is an image from the truck in the video that I thought had similarities to the truck in question

No. Wrong one.
    https://goo.gl/images/J9tzkR
    These guys. Dry van in the passing lane? Star on drivers’ side rear door.

Did the cop say the star was red or blue? There is company, Star Transportation, that has a blue star also. There is also Star Leasing and LandStar. But none of these three have the same shape to the Star. It is not uniform.
    Last edited by ItzShea; 02-16-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Autocorrect changed my word ‘star’ to ‘date’. Whyyy -autocorrect?

No.
    https://goo.gl/images/J9tzkR
    This one.
    There was an o/o I saw going through NV about three weeks ago. He had a single star on the drivers’ side door of his trailer. It was worn out and pretty faint. He had some other name on his truck. Not mentioning a star.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3