GUILTY NV - Yadira, 38, & Karla Martinez, 10, raped, murdered, Las Vegas, 15 April 2012

http://abcnews.go.com/US/las-vegas-deaths-mother-daughter-reported-year-boy/story?id=16156296

No Arrest in Las Vegas Family Massacre Reported to School by Young Boy

When authorities arrived at the house, about a half mile from the Mabel Hoggard Elementary School that the boy attended, they discovered the bodies of the his 10-year-old sister and mother.

HIs 4-year-old brother, who was distressed but unharmed, was also at the house, along with a wounded man covered in blood.

Police will not specify how the man is related to the family, but Martin said, "It appears to be a single family." The man was not arrested or charged and police would not specify how he was wounded.

"An injured male was also taken into custody," Martin said. "That male has been hospitalized and he is not charged with anything as of yet. There is nothing to say that he definitely committed the acts or did not."

wow.

Those poor little boys. I hope they are somewhere safe right now. :rose:

An article in Huffington Post is making it sound like the dad, who survived, may be a POI...without really saying so...

I can't copy and the paste the link for some reason, it is under the "Crimes" section...

An article in Huffington Post is making it sound like the dad, who survived, may be a POI...without really saying so...

I can't copy and the paste the link for some reason, it is under the "Crimes" section...

I can't imagine it's the father as the 10 year old girl was savagely raped and murdered (doesn't sound like something a father would do - but I guess you never know).

What I find interesting is both the mother (murdered) and father (in critical condition with severe injuries) are both martial arts professionals (father manages a studio). Who in the heck would break into a house with 2 martial arts experts? And beat them unmercifully (and fatally).

I can't imagine it's the father as the 10 year old girl was savagely raped and murdered (doesn't sound like something a father would do - but I guess you never know).

What I find interesting is both the mother (murdered) and father (in critical condition with severe injuries) are both martial arts professionals (father manages a studio). Who in the heck would break into a house with 2 martial arts experts? And beat them unmercifully (and fatally).

The article I read said the mom was beaten and the dad injured but did not specify...LE saying no sign of an intruder...

Will try again to link it...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...stery-sexual-assault_n_1438090.html?ref=crime

But wouldn't an intruder make sure the dad was dead? Apparently he was a boxer and a tough guy...JMO

this poor little girl was sexually assaulted - I would hope DNA results would quickly eliminate the father. I really don't want to think and won't make any assumptions. There are some pretty evil people out there.

My prayers to the little boys and the victims.

MOO

Mel

My hinky meter is telling me it isn't the father. The daughter is a beautiful young girl, and it almost has a ring of the Petit family killings.

Martinez, who was critically injured and unable to speak to detectives, is being treated at University Medical Center and is in protective custody.

Of course, MOO.

Mel

Where on earth do rumors come from in these cases? LE is denying that the boy said his father did it...why are they having to deny this? Who started it? And LE is trying hard not to say that there was no intruder but already had said it did not look like there was an intruder...IMO LE should not speak too early if they are not sure. There is already a lot of confusion and rumors being printed.

Seems like every current case right now is full of bad reporting, contradictions and rumors...why can't reporters take a few extra minutes and check their story before hitting "send"? I really get annoyed by this constant rush to "print"...

Hope they can get some quick forensic turnaround and announce that the Dad is not a suspect soon...JMO

This whole case is so bizarre. LE just left that house today - having been there since Monday. I just don't believe the father is the killer. He's terribly injured and the murder weapon hasn't been found.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/police-boy-didn-t-name-father-in-slaying-of-mother-sister-148004695.html

A 10-year-old girl who was beaten to death in a brutal double slaying this week also had been raped, sources said Wednesday.

Multiple law enforcement sources confirmed that Karla Martinez was raped and killed in her home sometime between Sunday morning and Monday morning.

This whole case is so bizarre. LE just left that house today - having been there since Monday. I just don't believe the father is the killer. He's terribly injured and the murder weapon hasn't been found.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/police-boy-didn-t-name-father-in-slaying-of-mother-sister-148004695.html

A 10-year-old girl who was beaten to death in a brutal double slaying this week also had been raped, sources said Wednesday.

Multiple law enforcement sources confirmed that Karla Martinez was raped and killed in her home sometime between Sunday morning and Monday morning.

ITA. One of the articles stated he was in the hospital with a serious head injury.

Horrific. Had to be someone or people they knew...maybe from the gym? I'm puzzled as to why the son didn't call LE instead of waiting till he went to school? Just bizarre and very lucky that the 2 boys weren't killed also. I think there had to be more than one perp and one heck of a fight put up by the sounds of the investigation. Rings of the Gee case in IL. imo

Horrific. Had to be someone or people they knew...maybe from the gym? I'm puzzled as to why the son didn't call LE instead of waiting till he went to school? Just bizarre and very lucky that the 2 boys weren't killed also. I think there had to be more than one perp and one heck of a fight put up by the sounds of the investigation. Rings of the Gee case in IL. imo

Maybe there was no phone?

I am thinking someone from a rival gym - someone with a bad attitude who was thrashed in a competition.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back