FL - Anthony Bryan, 6 wks, dies during parents' drug binge, 27 Nov 2004

Anngelique

Reaction score
Moron parent's of the year seems to be a new theme. This makes me want to :sick:

Infant dies after parents' Thanksgiving cocaine binge

http://courttv.aol.com/news/2004/1130/crackbinge_ap.html

BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — A month-old baby died while his parents were on a three-day crack cocaine binge that began after Thanksgiving dinner, police said Tuesday.

The cause of death was not immediately clear. Sonia Thomas, 39, and Neal Anthony Bryan, 46, have been charged with child neglect. More charges could be filed after autopsy results are available, police spokesman Jeff Kelly said.

Bryan told police he awoke to find that his son, whose name was not released, was on the bed next to him, not wearing a diaper and not breathing, according to a police report.

Thomas told investigators the baby was blue and she ran to the kitchen and sprinkled water on him in an attempt to "get him back." He was pronounced dead at a hospital after the couple called 911.

Thomas said she could not remember when she had last fed the baby because "she was messed up on crack" and tired, the report said. It said the couple admitted smoking about $500 worth of crack cocaine over three days.

Thomas was being held without bail. Bryan was held on $10,000 bail. Information on whether they had retained attorneys was not immediately available Tuesday.

I'll bet one of them rolled over on top of the baby and smothered him.

Dear God help us!!!

There seem to have not been any charges filed for the death of this baby. An article was posted in the Sun Sentinel, but I can't access in from Europe. Is there anyone who can search for Anthony Neal Bryan to see that article?

I'll bet one of them rolled over on top of the baby and smothered him.

Dear God help us!!!
My first thoughts, too.
Rest in Peace, Sweet Boy. Fly high!

There seem to have not been any charges filed for the death of this baby. An article was posted in the Sun Sentinel, but I can't access in from Europe. Is there anyone who can search for Anthony Neal Bryan to see that article?
NO CHARGES FILED IN DEATH OF NEWBORN - Sun Sentinel (sun-sentinel.com)

Anthony Neal Bryan was just 43 days old when he died in circumstances so sensational the news went from Boca Raton to the corners of the globe. "Baby dead after binge," was the headline in one Australian newspaper.

When the child's parents admitted that the baby died over Thanksgiving weekend as they spent three days smoking crack cocaine, police charged Sonia Thomas and Neal Bryan with child neglect and locked them in jail.

But on Thursday, the investigation into the death officially ended after an autopsy and toxicology tests on the boy's body revealed no evidence of criminal conduct. The Palm Beach County medical examiner ruled the child died of "undetermined" causes.

"The death occurred in horrific circumstance, and the parents had been on a cocaine binge for a period of days," Assistant State Attorney Lanna Belohlavek said. "But unfortunately, there is no corroborating evidence other than their statements.

"We cannot show their actions led to the death."

That's just Flippin swell.

They.surely forgot they had a baby tweaking for days.

The cause of death might have been dehydration or suffocation. How could they not find those on autopsy?
Edited.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie